Check out Kgov's new archives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Wow! This is great! The older shows haven't been online for a long time, and they've never been available in mp3 format. I might have to check out some of these oldies.

I'm really looking forward to listening to some of the sermons again. My favorite is Almost Persuaded, a sermon by TOL's Lion. It's probably my favorite sermon. :first:

tuxpower

Originally posted by Turbo

Wow! This is great! The older shows haven't been online for a long time, and they've never been available in mp3 format. I might have to check out some of these oldies.

I'm really looking forward to listening to some of the sermons again. My favorite is Almost Persuaded, a sermon by TOL's Lion. It's probably my favorite sermon. :first:
I listened to just the first 30 seconds or so. Sounds REALLY interesting! Thanks for pointing it out.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Originally posted by Turbo
My favorite is Almost Persuaded, a sermon by TOL's Lion. It's probably my favorite sermon. :first:
My all time favorite show is the 11/20/02 show when Bob debated Christian Reconstructionist John Lofton. What started out as a friendly debate quickly turned into a knock down drag out WAR!

tuxpower

Originally posted by Jefferson

My all time favorite show is the 11/20/02 show when Bob debated Christian Reconstructionist John Lofton. What started out as a friendly debate quickly turned into a knock down drag out WAR!
I listened to that one today since you liked it so much. You're right it's really good.

KgovArchives

Friday 04-30-2004 BEL show

Friday 04-30-2004 BEL show

Somehow, the Friday show of BEL didn't get posted on the webpage at kgov.com, It seems Bob was more than ready for 'quit'n time .;)

The show is posted on KgovArchives.com along with a temporary show title. (until Bob can name it official like).

Click here for the 24K version

And click here for the 56K version

If that all ran together, just go to kgovarchives.com and you'll see it there.

Last edited:

Lucky

Hall of Fame
This is hilarious. I went to check out the kgovarchives.com site. There's a little image on the bottom right that says "Proud to be 100% Microsoft free!" It even goes into a little tidbit on how insecure Windows is, using affectionate terms such as "MickeySoft" and "Windoze." What's funny is that at the top of the page there is a missing image and the img src is pointing to C:/My Documents/kgovarchives/KGOVTitleBlank.gif

:doh:

KgovArchives

And your point is what?

This is a reference to the server software, which does not contain any Windows components. Our cost for the server software was: zero.
Supporting scripts and features: zero
Mail clients: zero.
and so on. It runs better, it is faster, and it's free and that certainly isn't a MicroSoft product.

The html editors and publishers are from Netscape, and other sources that are also free.

We have here an old DOS 6.22 system, a Windows 3.1. (1) Win 95, (3) 98's, an ME, an OS/2 and a 2000Professional system, not to mention the Linux, Unix systems.

Of all of those, we spend more time managing, updating, the one Windows 2000 Pro machine than all of the others combined. So we're very glad to not use it on the server side.

I see even you promote the FireFox browser, of is that just for show?

But anyway, thanks for watching us so closely.

Lucky

Hall of Fame
Originally posted by KgovArchives

And your point is what?
It just seemed odd, that's all.
This is a reference to the server software, which does not contain any Windows components.

Our cost for the server software was: zero.
Supporting scripts and features: zero
Mail clients: zero.
and so on. It runs better, it is faster, and it's free and that certainly isn't a MicroSoft product.

The html editors and publishers are from Netscape, and other sources that are also free.

We have here an old DOS 6.22 system, a Windows 3.1. (1) Win 95, (3) 98's, an ME, an OS/2 and a 2000Professional system, not to mention the Linux, Unix systems.

Of all of those, we spend more time managing, updating, the one Windows 2000 Pro machine than all of the others combined. So we're very glad to not use it on the server side.
Okay. Cool. :up:
I see even you promote the FireFox browser, of is that just for show?
Firefox rox. :cool:
But anyway, thanks for watching us so closely.
Your welcome. The site looks great and I like the color scheme. And just to let ya know, the KGOVTitleBlank.gif on the contacts page still points offline.

KgovArchives

Your welcome. The site looks great and I like the color scheme.

Thanks! We built it from scratch, no site builders, web generators, etc.

I was surprised, and pleased, at how the colors turned out too. I never would have thought it would have had that much of an effect on black backgrounds.

And just to let ya know, the KGOVTitleBlank.gif on the contacts page still points offline.

I didn't know about that one, it should be fixed now, thanks!

It was starting to look like a lot of other webpages, little of this and that and pretty soon you can't find what you came for. So I've starting taking some of that stuff off this afternoon or moving it off the main page(s) anyway.

Keep on keeping us on our toes!
Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.