Christian Group Questions Palin's Pro-life Credentials

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
How long has ARTL been on your radar screen? Could it be they have taken measures that you don't know about. prolifeprofiles.com Is not the first step, they have ever taken. Please don't take this as an attack but someone starts a sentence with "All I see them doing is" it starts to feel to me like the bickering, that they have been accused of. Let's you and I try to talk through this thing without going there.

all I see them doing is starting with Palin

that is all I can see

why look for more?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Who's waiting?

...we need to elect pro-life candidates... but digging into their past and rubbing it in their faces is not the way to reverse this trend. Holding their feet to the fire after they're elected will.
This post sounded to me like you were not willing to challenge a supposed "pro-life candidate" on there position, until after they are elected. Did I misunderstand you?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This post sounded to me like you were not willing to challenge a supposed "pro-life candidate" on there position, until after they are elected. Did I misunderstand you?

why not challenge the pro-abortion people

before

you challenge the pro-life ones?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
all I see them doing is starting with Palin

that is all I can see

why look for more?
You are the one that holds this position...
the only way to do anything about abortion is to get conservative judges on the court

the only way to get conservative judges on the court is to vote for the scumbag republicans

...and yet you have a problem with ARTL pointing out that Palin appointed a pro choice judge to to the Alaska Supreme Court this year! I have no idea where you are comming from:idunno:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
You are the one that holds this position...

...and yet you have a problem with ARTL pointing out that Palin appointed a pro choice judge to to the Alaska Supreme Court this year! I have no idea where you are comming from:idunno:

I have no idea where you are going that will have any effect on the number of abortions each year

DocJohnson

I'm referring to those who are currently in office. What good does it do to hope for a future candidate, especially if there aren't any "good enough" to vote for?

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
why not challenge the pro-abortion people

before

you challenge the pro-life ones?
Because the big wolf, outside the fence is a less immediate threat, than the smaller wolf inside the fence wearing a sheepskin!

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I'm referring to those who are currently in office. What good does it do to hope for a future candidate, especially if there aren't any "good enough" to vote for?
Don't you want to weed out bad candidates before they are the ONLY candidate??? :idunno:

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
They used Saul Alinsky's rules...
I'm not a Sarah Palin fan but I found this interesting:

"In her game-changing convention speech, Sarah Palin took a swipe at Obama for having been nothing more in his life than a ‘community organizer’.

This prompted the Obama campaign to issue a pained defense of community organization as a way of promoting social change ‘from the bottom up’. The impression is that community organizing is a worthy if woolly and ultimately ineffectual grassroots activity. This is to miss something of the greatest importance: that in the world of Barack Obama, community organizers are a key strategy in a different game altogether; and the name of that game is revolutionary Marxism.

The seditious role of the community organizer was developed by an extreme left intellectual called Saul Alinsky. He was a radical Chicago activist who, by the time he died in 1972, had had a profound influence on the highest levels of the Democratic party. Alinsky was a ‘transformational Marxist’ in the mould of Antonio Gramsci, who promoted the strategy of a ‘long march through the institutions’ by capturing the culture and turning it inside out as the most effective means of overturning western society. In similar vein, Alinsky condemned the New Left for alienating the general public by its demonstrations and outlandish appearance. The revolution had to be carried out through stealth and deception. Its proponents had to cultivate an image of centrism and pragmatism. A master of infiltration, Alinsky wooed Chicago mobsters and Wall Street financiers alike. And successive Democratic politicians fell under his spell.

His creed was set out in his book ‘Rules for Radicals’ – a book he dedicated to Lucifer, whom he called the ‘first radical’. It was Alinsky for whom ‘change’ was his mantra. And by ‘change’, he meant a Marxist revolution achieved by slow, incremental, Machiavellian means which turned society inside out. This had to be done through systematic deception, winning the trust of the naively idealistic middle class by using the language of morality to conceal an agenda designed to destroy it. And the way to do this, he said, was through ‘people’s organizations’...full text: Obama, his Mentor Saul Alinsky, and what a "community Organizer" is http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2078653/posts

"The rejection of morality and ethics and the embrace of total pragmatism to achieve the goal of power is characteristic of the “radical” Lucifer so respected by Alinsky."

Lucifer, a success--that's a nice role model for our President. :rolleyes: Full text: Saul Alinsky and the Rise of Amorality in American Politics by D. L. Adams. January, 2010. http://www.newenglishreview.org/custpage.cfm/frm/53923/sec_id/53923