Commercial Christianity

M

Man.0

I would like to say a word or two about Christianities. Yes, Christianities. If you don't already know, there are two of them. One is genuine and true. The other is the man-made, philosophical, romanised and romanticised counterfeit. I call it 'Commercial Christianity'. It is the version that is known amongst the masses, delivered to the masses, practiced by the masses, and guzzled down by the masses. The Roman Catholics, the Presbyterians, the Quakers, the Baptists - and all other denominations, are part of it. It is well-known across the world, publically visible and identifiable; with a membership of billions. But the true one is hidden from view, and only a very few, in relation, are part of it.

Commercial Christianity sells its dazzling merchandise globally; assimilating atheists and members of other religions into its fold. It is a multi-million (perhaps billion) dollar enterprise, with numerous lucrative ventures and assets. A very wealthy institution indeed.

Business is conducted on an international scale; from its churches, kingdom halls, temples, chapels, and cathedrals. Aswell as its advertising and marketing schemes, it manufactures and produces an assortment of products. It also delivers a wide range of customer services - from infant baptisms to communions; and celebrates, along with the world, events such as Easter and Christmas. It does this all in the name of God. Its members claim to be serving Him, and doing all of what they do, for Him. But in actuality, they're just serving themselves, and following their own selfish lusts. It wouldn't be as bad if they weren't taking His name in vain. But they are - and for that they will receive, and are receving, His wrath.

There is some very tragic news for commercial Christianity. This long-established, thriving business will one day come to an horrific end. It will come toppling down, be set alight (Revelation 18:8), then demolished and destructed; along with all of its affiliates and associates - the other religions of the world.

Now I would like to talk about one of commercial Christianity's best-selling products - the false gospel. This false gospel has deceived many - both historically and in the present era. The sellers of this gosepl are deceptive charlatans and swindlers. Jesus warned of such people:

'Then Jesus replied to them: “Watch out that no one deceives you. For many will come in My name, saying, ‘I am the Messiah,’ and they will deceive many.' (Matthew 24:4-5)

'For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.' (Matthew24:24)

The false gospel comes in a variety of versions. But they all have one thing in common - they are all cross-less gospels. Commercial Christianity does not preach the cross - at least not the real meaning of it. If it did it certainly wouldn't be as popular as it is.

'What is it to take up the cross? It is to surrender that which is of great value to one, in obedience to the Lord. Unless it costs without the guarantee of return, except by miracle, it isn’t the cross. The cross means parting with what is valuable, when directed by God.

The cross is obedience in that which costs the one who obeys, even as Abraham offered up his beloved son Isaac by faith. It is an exit from this world and entry into another nature, step by step, here a little, there a little. The cross is obedience to God, counting the world to come of greater value than the present one.

The cross is life surrendered that leads to life eternal. With God, only the cross, the sentence of death, will avail.
'

Source: http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/the-cross-only-death-sentence-will-avail.htm

The death of Christ on the cross was physical. But it's meaning is symbolic. Just as Christ was crucified, so we too must be. We must forsake our lives, take up the cross and die.

'And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.' (Luke 9:23)

Commercial Christianity teaches a crossless and bloodless gospel. The life is in the blood (Leviticus 17:11), but its gospel has no life. And neither can it bring life to people. The real gospel of Christ, however, brings life and salvation, to those who hear it.

'It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh is no help at all. The words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.' (John 6:63)

Through hearing they receive faith (Romans 10:17). And through faith they are saved.

'For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast' (Ephesians 2:8-9.)

It is this God-given faith that enables one to overcome, and attain salvation. It is the one who endures and overcomes that will be saved:

'But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved' (Matthew 24:13)

'And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations' (Revelation 2:26)

'He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.' (Revelation 3:5)

'To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.' (Revelation 3:21)

'Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him' (James 1:12)

I have told you a bit about the fake version of Christianity, and about the cross - what it means to take it up. For more information, visit the following links:

http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/counterfeit-christianity.htm
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/the-issues-of-life/false-christianity-unmasked.htm
http://www.thepathoftruth.com/teachings/the-cross-only-death-sentence-will-avail.htm

Robert Pate

Banned
Yes, we will all have our cross to bear when we become Christians.

But that is NOT the Gospel. The Gospel is the "Good News" that Jesus bore our cross for us.

It was Jesus, not us, that victoriously defeated sin, death and the devil.

It was Jesus, not us, that God accepted into heaven.

It was Jesus, not us, that God made "King of Kings and Lord of Lords".

It appears that you have made the Gospel law.

Stuu

There is some very tragic news for commercial Christianity. This long-established, thriving business will one day come to an horrific end. It will come toppling down, be set alight (Revelation 18:8), then demolished and destructed; along with all of its affiliates and associates - the other religions of the world.
I think it is more likely that christianity will fade out, but televangelism will live on through perpetual reruns on daytime TV.

Stuart

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You need to make your posts smaller and there is way too many links in them. TOL is for dialog, not copy pasting and dropping links to loony sites.