• This is a new section being rolled out to attract people interested in exploring the origins of the universe and the earth from a biblical perspective. Debate is encouraged and opposing viewpoints are welcome to post but certain rules must be followed. 1. No abusive tagging - if abusive tags are found - they will be deleted and disabled by the Admin team 2. No calling the biblical accounts a fable - fairy tale ect. This is a Christian site, so members that participate here must be respectful in their disagreement.

Creationist are losing the battle in the world wide hysteria over covid-19.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Right Divider

Body part
Wow, congrats to the divider! No drive by hit and run today ... and I thought you were a bot , . .

Just how "figure of speech" became a focal point of my post is funny . . . anyway
No, it's not funny. You made a claim about that the Bible teaches and yet you cannot support it in the slightest.

My experience, and my overall impression over my years in church and in what Christians are generally taught is that there was no death before the fall. I thought and still think I am being generous, in my calling that general teaching a figure of speech. To be specific, it is hyperbole and clearly it is not literally true, no death before the fall is an exaggeration.

Are you still laughing out loud?

Yes, you are hilarious.

Will you ever even attempt to support your bogus claim?

tieman55

No, it's not funny. You made a claim about that the Bible teaches and yet you cannot support it in the slightest.

Yes, you are hilarious.

Will you ever even attempt to support your bogus claim?

Divider in chief, I see your back to your MO, back to drive by's . . So sad :(

And inline with your MO, you miss quote me. I don't believe I ever say the Bible teaches anything, that is your gig, not mine. I don't view the Bible as a text book that teaches, to me it is history book to learn from.

Everything I said and or alluded to is what Christians generally believe and or are generally taught by Christian leaders. Now I could be wrong about that, as to the "generally" part of the observation but that is my experience. I have never heard any sermon from any place on how there was the possibility of death before the fall, perhaps you have heard that sermon?

As far as the what the Bible says, I have commented on the meaning of the word "Surly" in "you will surly die". Now surly you will object to this, so I will say it to get your objection and hopefully move things along.

The admonition from God "you will surly die" to Adam, only surly applied to Adam.

Right Divider

Body part
Divider in chief, I see your back to your MO, back to drive by's . . So sad :(
Liar.

And inline with your MO, you miss quote me. I don't believe I ever say the Bible teaches anything, that is your gig, not mine. I don't view the Bible as a text book that teaches, to me it is history book to learn from.
You said that "no death before the fall" was a "figure of speech", but have never given the slightest bit of support for this claim.

Put up or shut up is what we say to that.

tieman55

Liar.

You said that "no death before the fall" was a "figure of speech", but have never given the slightest bit of support for this claim.

Put up or shut up is what we say to that.

Divider, I guess you didn't bother to read my post #47 . . . well, that is what you get doing drive by's. Context is everything, especially in history.

RE: Liar, You know, it is cowardly for one man ( I assume your a man, tranny mabe?) to call another man at a distance, a liar. A real man will only call another man a liar, face to face.

Right Divider

Body part
Divider, I guess you didn't bother to read my post #47 . . . well, that is what you get doing drive by's. Context is everything, especially in history.

RE: Liar, You know, it is cowardly for one man ( I assume your a man, tranny mabe?) to call another man at a distance, a liar. A real man will only call another man a liar, face to face.

Christian's, generally,, are taught that there was no death before the fall of man, but that is a figure of speech.
I'm still waiting for you to justify this statement. If you cannot do so, just say so.

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
If you can't play nice - play time in this thread is over. :sheep:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.