Deputy killed in Minnesota after hospitalized suspect grabs his gun

Dan Emanuel

Since people don't kill people as often as guns do, if we ban and confiscate all guns then guns can't kill anyone. Then the number of people killing one another (by other means) will drop to some arbitrarily acceptable level. It's so simple only an idiot can't see that it'd have to work.

Do I have the logic about right?
We should just . . . ban murder! Why hasn't somebody already thought of this?

DJ

Dan Emanuel

I don't see how making guns more easily available is going to help much. I don't think it has been working these days...
This is all about the Second Amendment. The Supreme Court has ruled that there is a right to self-defense, and this right is recognized specifically as the right to keep and bear arms.

I'm not going to mark someone who denies such a right as a personal enemy. It's an opinion, and opinions are like . . . well, it's the other way around, but that's enough of that.

If someone rejects that we are endowed by God with an inalienable right to live, and therefore the corresponding right to defend oneself, then we just disagree right now. It's not such a problem. The problem I'm having is that literally nobody is owning up to wanting to Second Amendment repealed from the Constitution. There's the "third rail" of politics, and some brave a "third rail" here and there, but it's definitely risky and therefore rare.

And then there's repealing the Second Amendment. And I've literally heard ZERO politicians or even candidates say that that's what we have to do. Some have certainly done everything but confess this desire, but I do not recall hearing or reading of anybody who's actually come out and said that we should repeal it.

And it's all a lie. MANY politicians and civilians believe we should repeal the Second Amendment, like we repealed Prohibition. I'm not against someone holding this view. I'm really against however, the snakes in the grass, who go about as if they're in agreement with the Second Amendment when their actions and choices belie that they're doing everything possible to disable, dismember, neuter or otherwise disarm the right to keep and bear arms. It's deceptive, duplicitous and intentionally misleading.
...I am a sensitive guy--not the only one. And maybe I take the rash of shootings too seriously...
I don't think you can take it too seriously. I don't think that's possible.
...I can empathize with the frustration and anger of the families. And I am knocked to my knees with the forgiveness offered to the racist young man who killed 9 believers. And I am heartened by a growing realization of the effectiveness of nonviolent action and protest. I saw a movie about a young Christian woman who opened her heart to a violent offender who broke into her home and held her hostage. A lot of my fellow Christians are talking about it...
Do you have a title? Sound's interesting . . . .
...Then there was the lady (one of many, many) who talked to a school shooter with his weapons and his armor and he decided to lie down on the school nurse's cot instead of carrying out his plan. He only got too close to violence after the SWAT team broke in shooting and yelling.
I don't really understand this last sentence.

DJ

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Anytime you end your shift after taking a 17 year old boy's life, you did something wrong.

Not true. George Zimmerman took a 17 year old life when the 17 year old slammed his head into the concrete over and over and said he was going to kill him.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
This is all about the Second Amendment. The Supreme Court has ruled that there is a right to self-defense, and this right is recognized specifically as the right to keep and bear arms.

I'm not going to mark someone who denies such a right as a personal enemy. It's an opinion, and opinions are like . . . well, it's the other way around, but that's enough of that.

If someone rejects that we are endowed by God with an inalienable right to live, and therefore the corresponding right to defend oneself, then we just disagree right now. It's not such a problem. The problem I'm having is that literally nobody is owning up to wanting to Second Amendment repealed from the Constitution. There's the "third rail" of politics, and some brave a "third rail" here and there, but it's definitely risky and therefore rare.

And then there's repealing the Second Amendment. And I've literally heard ZERO politicians or even candidates say that that's what we have to do. Some have certainly done everything but confess this desire, but I do not recall hearing or reading of anybody who's actually come out and said that we should repeal it.

And it's all a lie. MANY politicians and civilians believe we should repeal the Second Amendment, like we repealed Prohibition. I'm not against someone holding this view. I'm really against however, the snakes in the grass, who go about as if they're in agreement with the Second Amendment when their actions and choices belie that they're doing everything possible to disable, dismember, neuter or otherwise disarm the right to keep and bear arms. It's deceptive, duplicitous and intentionally misleading.
I don't think you can take it too seriously. I don't think that's possible.
Do you have a title? Sound's interesting . . . .
I don't really understand this last sentence.

DJ
The movie was called "Captive." I highly recommend it. Many Christian websites have reviewed it.

The woman and the school shooter connected on a human level and the would-be killer began to cry. The secretary had him lie down in the nurses's office and calm down. But the violence-believing SWAT team burst in yelling and brandishing as usual. This almost caused the man to regress and feel his defensiveness and fear all over again.

It was almost a fatal mistake:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/alisonvingi...-call-from-president-obama-tonight#.ylgKA8qNx

9-11 Call:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kVpipSXRKA

Lessons to be learned:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/25/antoinette-tuff-heroism-missing-from-politics

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
You have got to be kidding me! You are blaming the fact that the police officer is dead on the fact that he was armed? Not on the fact that a criminal killed him?

:nono:

i believe i covered that:

that's 'cause (Purex is) a retard :idunno:

Since people don't kill people as often as guns do, if we ban and confiscate all guns then guns can't kill anyone. Then the number of people killing one another (by other means) will drop to some arbitrarily acceptable level. It's so simple only an idiot can't see that it'd have to work.

Do I have the logic about right?

i believe you do :thumb:

We should just . . . ban murder! Why hasn't somebody already thought of this?

DJ

:first:

Nazaroo

It is a pity the officer was armed, but that was presumably standard practice.
Ideally, people handling the prisoner in a medical context would be unarmed,
or at least only armed with less lethal weapons

The killer was killed by a security guard with a taser, supposedly a less lethal weapon.

Try thinking.

No, because I think the cop would have been a lot harder for the suspect to kill if a gun had not been in the room.
DITTO