ECT Do you know Gods son?

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many have been called by God and have received the Spirit of God, but until they find the man Jesus in the Spirit of God then they do not really know the Father or His Son.

With the emphasis on know.

We can not be like Christ unless we know Jesus Christ as He really is.

Religionists who take the broad way, are happy to know doctrine about Christ, but getting any closer to Him, they avoid, preferring their particular brand of beliefs systems, most of which lead men away from knowing Christ in a close personal way, which always highlights what is wrong in ourselves, until we forsake our own way, our own thoughts and opinions.

We often do not even know that our ways, thoughts and opinions are so wrong until we have the courage to enter into His presence and allow Him to speak into our hearts and show us.

This is what John is saying in the epistle of 1John ch 1--

1Jn 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;
1Jn 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)
1Jn 1:3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
1Jn 1:4 And these things write we unto you, that your joy may be full.
1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

LA

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hi,

After reading something on another thread I repeat this--

1Jn 1:5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.
1Jn 1:6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth:
1Jn 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin.
1Jn 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
1Jn 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1Jn 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

The verses are simply saying that when one has Christ's Word in them, that hidden sin is revealed to those who walk in the light and fellowship with Christ and His saints.

To deny that we have hidden faults after coming to Christ, is to call God a liar, unless we already have been completely washed clean.

This is why Christ has said He is of the true Jew who worships God in Spirit and in truth, and later said that those who claim to be Jews but are not, are blaspheming.

The two things go together, the false claims and the blaspheming, because it is calling God a liar if one claims to be clean when they are not.

Therefore their sin remaineth.

Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psa 51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psa 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

LA

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Hi,

After reading something on another thread I repeat this--

The verses are simply saying that when one has Christ's Word in them, that hidden sin is revealed to those who walk in the light and fellowship with Christ and His saints.

To deny that we have hidden faults after coming to Christ, is to call God a liar, unless we already have been completely washed clean.

This is why Christ has said He is of the true Jew who worships God in Spirit and in truth, and later said that those who claim to be Jews but are not, are blaspheming.

The two things go together, the false claims and the blaspheming, because it is calling God a liar if one claims to be clean when they are not.

Therefore their sin remaineth.

Psa 51:6 Behold, thou desirest truth in the inward parts: and in the hidden part thou shalt make me to know wisdom.
Psa 51:7 Purge me with hyssop, and I shall be clean: wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow.
Psa 51:8 Make me to hear joy and gladness; that the bones which thou hast broken may rejoice.
Psa 51:9 Hide thy face from my sins, and blot out all mine iniquities.
Psa 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.
Psa 51:11 Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.
Psa 51:12 Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.
Psa 51:13 Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.
Psa 51:14 Deliver me from bloodguiltiness, O God, thou God of my salvation: and my tongue shall sing aloud of thy righteousness.
Psa 51:15 O Lord, open thou my lips; and my mouth shall shew forth thy praise.
Psa 51:16 For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit: a broken and a contrite heart, O God, thou wilt not despise.

LA

what if i understand the gospel of Grace and i obey all of Jesus' teachings ? am i ok either way ? - :patrol:

keypurr

what if i understand the gospel of Grace and i obey all of Jesus' teachings ? am i ok either way ? - :patrol:

If you really understood the gospel of Grace you would know that God will have mercy on who he chooses to give it to. So no one could answer your question of "am I ok"