Do you tend to answer posters or subjects?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Just curious,

Do most of you tend to respond to your friends' posts, or are most of you interested in theological subject matter?

Nang

Christian Liberty

Both. I specifically try to read most of your posts, and most of the posts written by the more libertarian, reformed, or just generally intelligent people here. Personal friendliness doesn't have as much to do with it. There are certain posters I try to avoid because they are stupid jerks... usually it has to be both before I'll ignore them. I'll respond to an intelligent point even if the person is a jerk, and I can deal with unintelligent responses if they are presented respectfully. But both put together and it just sucks...

Buzzword

I tend to click threads based on their headlines, regardless of who's posting, unless they're on Ignore.

Regarding posts within threads, I generally only respond to intelligent posts (whether I agree with them or not), thus my daily post count of late has been very small.

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Both. I specifically try to read most of your posts, and most of the posts written by the more libertarian, reformed, or just generally intelligent people here. Personal friendliness doesn't have as much to do with it.

He giveth and he taketh away in one breath!

JK

There are certain posters I try to avoid because they are stupid jerks... usually it has to be both before I'll ignore them. I'll respond to an intelligent point even if the person is a jerk, and I can deal with unintelligent responses if they are presented respectfully. But both put together and it just sucks...

I knew you would have an honest and open answer! :crackup:

Nang

TOL Subscriber
I tend to click threads based on their headlines, regardless of who's posting, unless they're on Ignore.

Regarding posts within threads, I generally only respond to intelligent posts (whether I agree with them or not), thus my daily post count of late has been very small.

I totally understand . . . ;)

Christian Liberty

He giveth and he taketh away in one breath!

JK

Well, in your case you have intelligence, Reformed, libertarian, AND personal friendship with me. You are obviously the best poster on these forums:)

I knew you would have an honest and open answer! :crackup:

I thought I knew who the idiots were, but I really lost a lot of respect for one person today. Oh well. I spend enough time in long, drawn out debates in person. I don't have time to do them here anymore. I have schoolwork to do as well. I'll spare a little time for the smart people. I don't really see why I should spend time on anyone else. Naturally, that means I spend more time on RPF than TOL.

Christian Liberty

One thing I want to clarify. Just because I don't respond to a person doesn't mean he/she is a stupid jerk. And just because I do respond to a person doesn't mean they aren't a stupid jerk. Sometimes I get overly passionate about a certain topic and will respond to stupid jerks. And sometimes a person is nice and friendly and intelligent, yet they just happen to not post on a thread topic I'm interested in, or I just happen to not have time for them. But in general I am trying harder and harder to avoid the stupid jerks (no time) and to reserve my time primarily for intelligent and respectful people.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
One thing I want to clarify. Just because I don't respond to a person doesn't mean he/she is a stupid jerk. And just because I do respond to a person doesn't mean they aren't a stupid jerk. Sometimes I get overly passionate about a certain topic and will respond to stupid jerks. And sometimes a person is nice and friendly and intelligent, yet they just happen to not post on a thread topic I'm interested in, or I just happen to not have time for them. But in general I am trying harder and harder to avoid the stupid jerks (no time) and to reserve my time primarily for intelligent and respectful people.

Are you certain, YOU'RE not one of them?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Well, in your case you have intelligence, Reformed, libertarian, AND personal friendship with me. You are obviously the best poster on these forums:)

The check is in the mail, sweetie!

I thought I knew who the idiots were, but I really lost a lot of respect for one person today. Oh well. I spend enough time in long, drawn out debates in person. I don't have time to do them here anymore.

Was this on TOL? How did I miss it?

Nang

TOL Subscriber
Oh, I know how I missed it . . . I was running the vacuum to keep GM from waking up from his sleep.