Exodus 30:11-34:35 "Can a man "see" the "face" of God and live?"

BenAvraham

Now Moshe gets the second set of tablets, and YHVH gives them to him with these words:

“YHVH, YHVH God, merciful and gracious, long-suffering, abundant in goodness and truth, keeping mercy unto the thousandth generation, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, and by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children, and their children’s children……”

Could we dare say that these “attributes” or “personalities” could be expressed in the words “Panim El Panim” The “faces of God’s character?” He has the face of mercy, the face of Grace, the face of long-suffering, the faces of goodness and truth, the face of forgiveness, yet He also has the faces of judgment, punishment, wrath, and jealousy “El Kana” (Jealous God) This is something to think about and ponder over.

These are good descriptions of our God. He IS full of mercy and showed us grace, in that we were yet sinners, He came to earth in human form and died for us all. He is “long-suffering” in that he puts up with our “stuff’ our “attitudes” and “rebellions” and gives us second, third, and fourth “chances” to repent, He could have wiped out Israel in one second, but he didn’t. He gave us his Torah, the Bible which is full of “goodness” and IS the TRUTH, he forgives sin, but ONLY when we come to him as repentant sinners and trust Yeshua as our Savior and LORD. He does not clear the guilty ONLY WHEN the guilty DO NOT REPENT! And yes, the sins of the fathers can affect the children, just look at the public schools today, the students are rebellious, and disrespectful because they have learned that from THEIR PARENTS!

If the kids hear the parents fuss and cuss, they will too, If the parents smoke dope, they will have the tendency to do the same, children will copy their parents in all ways, HOWEVER, the blood of Yeshua can heal all of that, the generational curses can be cut short when YESHUA comes into the lives of families.

Moshe returns to the congregation with the new set of tablets, and YHVH instructs him and reminds him of his commandments, “Yes, I will go before thee…only observe all that I am commanding thee this day…. And toward the end, YHVH mentions, “thou shalt not seethe a kid in its mother’s milk” which is a repeated commandment, this was discussed before, it symbolizes a separation between, “life and death” of the “clean and unclean”

Moshe comes down “glowing” like a thousand-watt light bulb, why? He has been in the presence of YHVH right there, in the middle of the Shekinah glory! If he glowed with God’s glory, Moshe being a sinner like all of us, can you imagine how Adam and Eve glowed before the fall? Being in constant fellowship with Elohim? It was only after the fall that the “light covering” left, and they found themselves “naked!”

In stead of seeing the "glory" of God, which passed by within a few seconds maybe, he received a revelation in His NAME! The WORD and revelation last forever, while an image or vision is temporary.

Yeshua said; “Ye are the light of the world” Yes, we are, yet we have no light of our own, we reflect the light of Messiah Yeshua, in our own lives. Is our light bright, like that which reflected from Moshe? Or…dim?

Moshe asks YHVH a very interesting question; “You say bring this people up, but who is going with me?”

Without guidance, we can go nowhere. It is like walking in the dark without a flashlight or being in the middle of the ocean without a compass. Where will we go? Who will lead us? Adonai has the answer Moshe is searching for;

“My presence goes, and I shall give you rest” (vs 14) The “Ruach Elohim” will go with the people, and they will receive “shalom”. There are two kinds of rest, “physical rest” from our labors, and “spiritual rest” that is from within us. Before, we were burdened with the curse of sin, but once we accept Yeshua HaMashiach (Jesus the Christ) as our LORD and Savior, we have his “presence” inside of us to give us “peace” (shalom)

Moshe wants to experience the “essence” of YHVH, but who can know who He really is? Can we grasp the meaning of the universe? The mind of God? We are limited, to what we can fathom as fallen beings, but YHVH listens to Moshe and gives him an answer;

“I shall cause all my goodness to pass before you, and I shall proclaim the Name of YHVH………See, there is a place with me, and you shall stand on the ROCK……. (vss 19,21)

There was a special place, a special ROCK, where Moshe was placed, he “Stood” upon the ROCK” (HaTzur)

In the picturesque/symbolic ancient Hebrew, the letters can symbolize, “The first Tzadik to receive the nail” The ROCK symbolizes YESHUA, who IS the TZADIK (the righteous one) who received the Nail and paid our sin price in full, and thus…giving us SHALOM (rest) from our spiritual torment of being lost, sinners. The name YHVH proclaimed is HAVAYAH, (the essence of existence) who is “Haya” (the past) Hoveh (the present), and “Yiyah” (the future) and who is YESHUAH (salvation of YAH)

Ben Avraham

Yours truly, at the radio station (KYST 920 AM) during our Saturday morning Spanish language Bible study from 6:30 am to 8:00 am. It's online if you want to tune in, if you speak Spanish
IMG_0807.JPG