Fiona Hill: "The president was trying to stage a coup"

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Because while it's possible to be bipartisan, if one party resists bipartisanship then both parties will eternally electioneer rather than seek a supermajoritarian position, because if we all agree on a thing then that thing fails to motivate our base or persuade independents from voting for one party over another.

Apart from an overriding national emergency that would unite all of us against a common enemy or other existential disaster, the partisan divide is gonna be a wide one for a long, long time.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
It's not often I agree with you Anna, but you nailed this one. It's disgusting to me how many spineless Republicans have the audacity to call themselves "leaders."

I think they're spineless because they didn't stand up for truth, for ethics, the Constitution, the peaceful transfer of power, for country over party (and party leader). I'm afraid you think they're spineless because they didn't actively - using the military if necessary - overturn the election and force another four years of Trump on this country.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I think they're spineless because they didn't stand up for truth, for ethics, the Constitution, the peaceful transfer of power, for country over party (and party leader). I'm afraid you think they're spineless because they didn't actively - using the military if necessary - overturn the election and force another four years of Trump on this country.
I'm not talking about January 6th. I'm talking about in general. Most Republicans tremble in fear before the national liberal who they see as having the power to make them (gasp) UNPOPULAR!!!

I see most Republican "leaders" as people who never matured out of being subject to junior highschoolish peer pressure.

That's what I love the most about Donald Trump. He tells the national liberal media where they can shove it. I absolutely LOVE that about him.

Last edited:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Fox News Didn’t Air the Jan. 6 Hearing, and It Got Clobbered by MSNBC

Fox News Channel elected to not air Thursday’s January 6 hearing live last night, which took place in primetime from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. ET. While the cable news network topped CNN’s carriage of the congressional committee’s hearing in total viewers, it did not come close to MSNBC’s massive tally.​
MSNBC averaged a whopping (for them) 4.161 million total viewers, trouncing both Fox News (2.957 million total viewers) by 29 percent and CNN (2.617 total million viewers) by 37 percent. CNN finished way ahead of its direct cable news competition in the key demographic for news programming, adults 25-54, with 709,000 viewers from that age range vs. 555,000 on MSNBC and 513,000 on Fox. That’s a 22 percent advantage over MSNBC and 28 percent win over Fox News.​

Those are just the cable news numbers. What about cable C-Span? What I really wonder though, is what total streaming numbers were.

I don't have cable, so I watched C-Span on YouTube, but I could've watched from various other channels or websites as well, PBS, WaPo was streaming, a bunch of others I don't remember. And that doesn't count streaming from the major cable news' own websites. Cable can really only represent older people anymore. No one else has it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I'm not talking about January 6th. I'm talking about in general. Most Republicans tremble in fear before the national liberal who they see as having the power to make them (gasp) UNPOPULAR!!!

I see most Republican "leaders" as people who never matured out of being subject to junior highschoolish peer pressure.

That's what I love the most about Donald Trump. He tells the national liberal media where they can shove it. I absolutely LOVE that about him.

I don't think liberals make them tremble at all, it's the wrath of Trump that turns them into puddles.

marke

Apart from an overriding national emergency that would unite all of us against a common enemy or other existential disaster, the partisan divide is gonna be a wide one for a long, long time.
Biden offered hope of healing divides but he was lying because he is a democrat and democrats lie to get more votes.

1654956970232.jpeg

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

More on that James Madison quote:

“Religion & Govt. will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. It was the belief of all sects at one time that the establishment of Religion by law, was right & necessary; that the true religion ought to be established in exclusion of every other; And that the only question to be decided was which was the true religion.

“The example of Holland proved that a toleration of sects, dissenting from the established sect, was safe & even useful. The example of the Colonies, now States, which rejected religious establishments altogether, proved that all Sects might be safely & advantageously put on a footing of equal & entire freedom; and a continuance of their example since the declaration of Independence, has shewn that its success in Colonies was not to be ascribed to their connection with the parent Country.”

– James Madison – Letter to Edward Livingston (excerpt); July 10th, 1822.

Gary K

Banned
More on that James Madison quote:

“Religion & Govt. will both exist in greater purity, the less they are mixed together. It was the belief of all sects at one time that the establishment of Religion by law, was right & necessary; that the true religion ought to be established in exclusion of every other; And that the only question to be decided was which was the true religion.

“The example of Holland proved that a toleration of sects, dissenting from the established sect, was safe & even useful. The example of the Colonies, now States, which rejected religious establishments altogether, proved that all Sects might be safely & advantageously put on a footing of equal & entire freedom; and a continuance of their example since the declaration of Independence, has shewn that its success in Colonies was not to be ascribed to their connection with the parent Country.”

– James Madison – Letter to Edward Livingston (excerpt); July 10th, 1822.
You quote it but you don't believe it. If you actually believed what Madison said you would not be for anyone using the courts to stop anyone from freely exercising their religion. No one else's rights are being infringed upon when a baker says someone needs to go to another bakery for their cake but that baker's right to freely exercise his religion is being infringed upon when the government forces him to bake that cake. He is being punished for exercising his constitutional rights.

There is no way he told anyone they couldn't go to some other bakery for their cake. They had unlimited choices to do so but they refused to choose any of them. They chose to go to court to force an unwilling conscience via state power.

Oh, he discriminated against them. People choose to discriminate all the time. Any choice we make we discriminate in favor of one option over another and that is not illegal nor unfair. I've heard your argument on discrimination hundreds of times but is pure fallacy. No one forced anyone other than the cake purchasers and they used the power of the state to do it. The same state that said the baker has every right to dicriminate between customers. No shirt. No service.