Free Professional Design Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fiat Tenebris

Update: I've created a facebook page that I can be contacted on, I'll help anyone for free and I have experience in nearly everything design related. (Or if you just want to like it because of my beautiful brown eyes, that's fine too).

www.facebook.com/DesignStronghold

Dear Moderators:
Spoiler
Please feel free to remove this thread if it breaches any rules - my excuse for it is that I am offering free help and my only reward would be experience - that line of reasoning justified the post for me, my sincerest apologies if it doesn't for you.

The title speaks for itself, but I'm a professional graphics designer with experience in print, web, motion graphics, video editing, photo manipulation/restoration, and basically anything you can think of.

The reason I want to offer my assistance for free is that I need experience and content for my portfolio, I also want (well earnt) reviews for the new business I'm starting up offering these services for money (though much later).

I plan on helping at least 10 - 20 people and it doesn't matter if I don't know them. My only criteria is that they have a serious need for my services (I won't edit pictures of teenage girls twerking, because I have little interest).

I'll try to create a list of all of the potential things I could help with, but it's easier said than done.

I appreciate your indulgence in my thread, thank you.

Edit: (List of services)

Print:
Billboards
Signs
Vehicle Graphics
Posters
Flyers
Canvas

Web:
Small websites
Social media designs
Product images (for e-commerce, ebay, amazon, etc.)
Product promotion

Photo:
Restoration (Repairing torn images digitally. Adding colour to black/white images)
Editing/Manipulation (Removing unwanted people from photos, removing blemishes, perfecting wedding photos, etc)
Special effects (Trip to the moon?)

Misc:
3D Design (Architecture / Product Visualisation)
T-Shirt Design
Stationery Design

I also have a diploma in Media, I will research your brand or website and offer critique and suggestions to help improve it.

On a side note, I also have plenty of experience with building my own high end computers and repairing things from desktops, laptops, iPhones, etc.

Hopefully I can help some of you out, or your friends or family members. That'd be a real reward for me.

Last edited:

elohiym

Good idea, Fiat.
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
What training or experience do you have to date?

Fiat Tenebris

Good idea, Fiat.
How old are you, if you don't mind me asking?
What training or experience do you have to date?

I'm 0 and 20. (That isn't a riddle, I just like the archaic way of doing things)

And I've been doing graphics as a form of autodidacticism for around ten years, I've been to college for the sake of media and it's also my full time job.

I will provide some examples of my work soon.

elohiym

I'm 0 and 20. (That isn't a riddle, I just like the archaic way of doing things)

Thanks. I'm forty-nine.

And I've been doing graphics as a form of autodidacticism for around ten years,

:chuckle: We use the term autodidact in our home, too. :thumb:

I've been to college for the sake of media and it's also my full time job.

Nice. I used to own an advertising business. Are you working in advertising?

I will provide some examples of my work soon.

I look forward to seeing what you've accomplished.
Without a membership you will need to link to your work uploaded somewhere else (Flicker, etc.) and set the link in image tags.

Fiat Tenebris

Nice. I used to own an advertising business. Are you working in advertising?

I handle all the media [product images, promotions, print design, website, social media] for an e-commerce.

I look forward to seeing what you've accomplished.
Without a membership you will need to link to your work uploaded somewhere else (Flicker, etc.) and set the link in image tags.

I appreciate the assistance. And I'd love to hear or see more about your old advertising business.

elohiym

I handle all the media [product images, promotions, print design, website, social media] for an e-commerce.

What is your goal beyond that? Where are you hoping to be in five, ten, fifteen and twenty years from now? I wasn't thinking about that when I got started.

I appreciate the assistance.

:e4e: You will need to have, I think, a hundred posts before you can send private messages. Not sure, but it's some number of posts you need first. Some of what you want to accomplish here will probably have to be done via private messaging.

And I'd love to hear or see more about your old advertising business.

My partner and I had a recording studio. We produced locally, regionally and nationally aired radio commercials. I was the account rep, producer, writer and occasional voice talent. He was the producer, engineer and more occasional voice talent.

What will interest you most is how I started getting us business. I listened to the radio to find people spending money on radio ads, then called all the companies with horrible ads that I believed I could do much better. I offered them a guarantee: work with me and let me create you a radio commercial for you, and if you don't like it, you don't owe me anything for the time I invested.

Our work was very good (we won awards), so nobody ever didn't pay me per the guarantee. Of course, like any business you have some collections issues, but that's for other reasons. The few dead beats played our ads, so they certainly liked them.

Fiat Tenebris

What is your goal beyond that? Where are you hoping to be in five, ten, fifteen and twenty years from now? I wasn't thinking about that when I got started.

More knowledgeable and more talented. Perhaps slightly more handsome.

:e4e: You will need to have, I think, a hundred posts before you can send private messages. Not sure, but it's some number of posts you need first. Some of what you want to accomplish here will probably have to be done via private messaging.

I better get to work on that, I think I've made a good start so far.

My partner and I had a recording studio. We produced locally, regionally and nationally aired radio commercials. I was the account rep, producer, writer and occasional voice talent. He was the producer, engineer and more occasional voice talent.

What will interest you most is how I started getting us business. I listened to the radio to find people spending money on radio ads, then called all the companies with horrible ads that I believed I could do much better. I offered them a guarantee: work with me and let me create you a radio commercial for you, and if you don't like it, you don't owe me anything for the time I invested.

Our work was very good (we won awards), so nobody ever didn't pay me per the guarantee. Of course, like any business you have some collections issues, but that's for other reasons. The few dead beats played our ads, so they certainly liked them.

Can I listen to any of your work anywhere? Why did you stop?

Fiat Tenebris

Updated info.

(I'm not going to helping people for free for long, so if you have any friends or family that need help... now's the time.)

Update: I've created a facebook page that I can be contacted on, I'll help anyone for free and I have experience in nearly everything design related. (Or if you just want to like it because of my beautiful brown eyes, that's fine too).

www.facebook.com/DesignStronghold

elohiym

Can I listen to any of your work anywhere?

Not unless I upload an mp3 somewhere and want to divulge my identity. ;)
But... if I use your free service, and I might, I'll let you listen to some of my work.
We'll have to do that privately.

Why did you stop?

Needed to use my talent more efficiently.
I decided to focus on screen writing, and I'm still on that course.
My film ideas will earn me far more than I can earn selling ads and jingles.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Not unless I upload an mp3 somewhere and want to divulge my identity. ;)
But... if I use your free service, and I might, I'll let you listen to some of my work.
We'll have to do that privately.

Needed to use my talent more efficiently.
I decided to focus on screen writing, and I'm still on that course.
My film ideas will earn me far more than I can earn selling ads and jingles.

Nah!

elohiym

As I said, Fiat, we'll have to do that privately.
This isn't a place for that kind of sharing, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.