French leftists try to assault anti-immigration protestors

brewmama

Are you kidding? Probably all our elected politicians and candidates are talking about it in one way or another. We have massive problems with illegals and unassimilated immigrants, which we encourage with the nefarious "multi-culturalism" dogma, and on top of making illegals legal, they want to bring in hostiles from the Middle East now, even after all the problems noted with this approach in Europe? I can't believe you're serious. There is no difference in what is happening now and NOT having a border.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Political views aside, this is an incorrect use of math. One could plausibly claim that 1 out of 8 terrorists in Europe came in as a refugee. That is not the same as saying 1 out of 8 refugees is a terrorist- there is no data to support that idea.

I am aware of that chair, it was simply a hypothetical but, the assertion is no more absurd than the U.S. importing refugees. This is a problem America does not need, if other countries feel the need to shelter them than let them do it, it is in their back yard not ours.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Why not? Because we want them to die in camps? Because we think Europe does a better job of integrating people (it doesn't)?

No, because we don't need more immigration issues in the U.S., let Europe house them, let Europe integrate them, let Europe feel the pain of ignoring the problem that has been brewing at their back door for some time now. It is their problem, not ours, let them solve it as they wish, it is not the Job of America to come to the rescue every time.

My "line"? How poor a student of history . . .

Well you'd better get to erasing this then.

So it is your assertion that all that come should be allowed to come? That in and of itself is absurd and unsustainable. America should be open to legal immigration but, not importing hordes of other nations problems, that was not why that sonnet was written.

They don't want to be in the Arab world or they could be. People are fleeing to Europe and the USA for a reason. They want to be here, not there.

No, they are fleeing because the world has allowed an evil force to exist in their home nations. The problem will not go away by importing their citizens, it will only end when the world ditches this ignorant, politically correct liberal worldview and faces the fact that evil has to be dealt with before the problem gets so big that it develops into a world war (and speaking of not knowing history).

Have you ever met anyone from Syria? I have. Not a "troublemaker" by any means but an intelligent young man furthering his education, with an educated family as well

Not sure that it matters but yes, there is a quite a few of them that live near me. Just because they are nice people doesn't mean that importing a large contingent of them here is a positive thing and given the absolute incompetence of the Obama administration on affairs regarding immigration, I don't trust that this administration can, or will, properly vet the individuals to insure they are not radicalized individuals. This is trouble we don't need, let Europe & the Arab world take care of refugee issues in their own back yard...it is their problem.

Jerome84

The far left are militants and traitors to their country. They want to remove all borders and nations. One Earth. Makes me sick that someone can have such a low IQ.