Healing

Right Divider

Body part
God can heal anyone at any time. But in this dispensation, He is generally not doing that today.

When God was still dealing with Israel and His plan for the earth through the 12 apostles that will sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel, they healed EVERYONE.
Act 5:15-16 KJV Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them. (16) There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.
That is NOT going on today.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
God can heal anyone at any time. But in this dispensation, He is generally not doing that today.

When God was still dealing with Israel and His plan for the earth through the 12 apostles that will sit on 12 thrones judging the 12 tribes of Israel, they healed EVERYONE.

That is NOT going on today.
Can you quote Scripture that says that healing is not for today?

Eric h

My mum went into a coma and was rushed to hospital, her breathing was a horrible gurgling sound, nicknamed the death rattle. The doctors said she had days to live and there was nothing they could do for her. We called a priest, although none of us had a faith at the time, we just thought it was what you should do as mum was bought up a Catholic.

As the priest prayed my mum’s breathing seemed to relax and change. About ten minutes after the priest walked out the door, mum came round and started to speak, she had no recollection of anything that happened in hospital, or that the priest had prayed for her. We thought it might have just been a temporary reprieve, but she lived another eleven years.

Right Divider

Body part
My mum went into a coma and was rushed to hospital, her breathing was a horrible gurgling sound, nicknamed the death rattle. The doctors said she had days to live and there was nothing they could do for her. We called a priest, although none of us had a faith at the time, we just thought it was what you should do as mum was bought up a Catholic.

As the priest prayed my mum’s breathing seemed to relax and change. About ten minutes after the priest walked out the door, mum came round and started to speak, she had no recollection of anything that happened in hospital, or that the priest had prayed for her. We thought it might have just been a temporary reprieve, but she lived another eleven years.
Well that proves it then... 🥴 :rolleyes:

Eric h

Well that proves it then..

It can only prove it to me.

A few years later in 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later.

Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace that is beyond my understanding, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

Right Divider

Body part
It can only prove it to me.
You're easy.
A few years later in 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later.

Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace that is beyond my understanding, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.
Any relevance to the OP?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Whenever I pray for healing I promise God that I won't tell anyone if He heals me. Why? Because the Bible shows that unbelievers almost always harden their hearts when confronted with proof of God's existence when seeing a miracle. See chapter 10 of The Plot.