Hey y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nydhogg

Name's Karl.

From Bellevue, WA.

I work in IT. I mostly set up networks and do maintenance for small companies. I've got an Associate's Degree in computer science. I'm currently studying abroad to become a software engineer.

Politically, I'm an anarchist.

Religiously, I'm an Asatrúar, which is the "mainstream" form of Germanic Heathenry. I am firmly on the left wing of Heathenry, and I denounce anyone who uses the faith to advance a fascist or racist agenda.

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Name's Karl.

From Bellevue, WA.

I work in IT. I mostly set up networks and do maintenance for small companies. I've got an Associate's Degree in computer science. I'm currently studying abroad to become a software engineer.

Religiously, I'm an Asatrúar, which is the "mainstream" form of Germanic Heathenry. I am firmly on the left wing of Heathenry, and I denounce anyone who uses the faith to advance a fascist or racist agenda.

Welcome hope you like it here, and at times you have thick skin.

In passing about Bellevue, Washington. I'm familiar with Spokane (birth place), Medical Lake, Newman Lake, Stevens Lake, Everett, Marysville, Snohomish, Arlington, and Smokey Point.

Newman

Name's Karl.

I'm Newman.

From Bellevue, WA.

Auburn, AL.

Psychology, Communication Studies, Economics, and Spanish here.

What kind? Syndicalist? Capitalist? Communist? Feminist?

I'm pretty close to being an anarcho-capitalist, myself.

Never heard of it. Sounds weird. Have you heard of a man named Jesus?

Welcome! We need some more anarchists around here. Seriously.

Nydhogg

I'm more of an anarcho-syndicalist, though I sympathize with agorism and have read anarcho-capitalist thinkers extensively. I'd say Benjamin Tucker is my favorite anarchist author.

I heard of that Jesus man. Some claim he's some sort of a God. It probably works for them. That's good.

Still, I am not aware of Gods becoming Men or Men becoming Gods. So the claims are weird. And he is most definitely not the God of my tribe and my ancestors. Ultimately I choose the path of my folks rather than the path of weird Gods of the desert.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Name's Karl.
Nobody's perfect.

From Bellevue, WA.
Explains the political choice then. :think:

I work in IT.
"I jumps in IT." Still waiting on my miniature giraffe though.

I mostly set up networks and do maintenance for small companies.
Ah, janitorial tech then.

I've got an Associate's Degree in computer science. I'm currently studying abroad to become a software engineer.
BA/BS/JD here...though the last two can be considered redundant.

Organized or disorganized? :plain:

Religiously, I'm an Asatrúar,
Ah, Onanism. :think: Or Odinism. I get those confused. Either way your eyesight is problematic.

which is the "mainstream" form of Germanic Heathenry.
A bit like being a mainstream midget though, isn't it? :idunno: Or a mainstream Ball and Jack champion. That sort of thing.

I am firmly on the left wing of Heathenry,
Can you count everyone on that side of the isle? And why would you do that?

and I denounce anyone who uses the faith to advance a fascist or racist agenda.
Always a good thing. :thumb:

Welcome aboard! :e4e:

Nydhogg

Nobody's perfect.
Explains the political choice then. :think:
"I jumps in IT." Still waiting on my miniature giraffe though.
Ah, janitorial tech then.
BA/BS/JD here...though the last two can be considered redundant.
Organized or disorganized? :plain:
Ah, Onanism. :think: Or Odinism. I get those confused. Either way your eyesight is problematic.
A bit like being a mainstream midget though, isn't it? :idunno: Or a mainstream Ball and Jack champion. That sort of thing.
Can you count everyone on that side of the isle? And why would you do that?
Always a good thing. :thumb:
Welcome aboard! :e4e:

In my defense I've gotta say that I put quotes around "mainstream". Asatru is bigger than Theodism and other movements in Heathenry, that's why I said it's the "mainstream" heathenry. :p!
You CAN count left-wing Asatrúar. They usually are affiliated with The Troth, which is the biggest Heathen religious organization in the US.

(Not because we outnumber the Wiccans, but because they're even more fragmented than we heathens are)

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Name's Karl.
Urban?

From Bellevue, WA.
Never heard of it. :idunno:

Wanna help me with a little project?

I'm not.

Is there more than one person in your religion?

Welcome to TOL. We'll be here for another year at least. You?

Gurucam

o

o

From my 'google' of Anarchists, I would say that: This is would be the reality at the inevitable end for this world, as we know it. i.e. when heaven descend here. The world will be led and run by God (the omniscient unseen organizer) through the Spirit of Truth as discerned by every one from within their own heart. Only those who can and do live in this manner will survive. Only those who have acquired this skill (before and now) to live in this manner will survive in the new age (or reality). Harmony and Truth will prevail. Life will be rooted in the expression and fulfillment of the ideas, beliefs interests, needs, desires and aspirations within the hearts of each and every surviving person.

o

o

o

o
Salvation and deliverance is about Jesus' Spirit which one must reach from within one's own heart

. . . . . in the same manner as Noah did, so as to come to know (from God) about the flood and that he must build an arc.
(this is the message in the mention of the Noah event)

This is how one (those few children of God) will know about the big crash and when and what to do.

This is how I know what I must tell you and that I must tell you this now.

This is how God communicates with His children at every moment and every event.

This is what being saved is all about.
And when one is unconditionally obedient to precisely what the Spirit has in mind for one as discern within one's heart,
one becomes delivered into God's kingdom of heaven, here on earth and elsewhere (like Noah was).

Need more?

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68923

God ahead, click on it.
o

Nydhogg

Wanna help me with a little project?

Is there more than one person in your religion?

Welcome to TOL. We'll be here for another year at least. You?

1. Sure, what's that little project about?
2. Studies show the number of Asatrúar worldwide in the hundreds of thousands.
3. Perhaps. I tend to stick at forums I join.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Why do they usually ban you?

Once I called a guy a pervert for saying he liked boys a little too much.

Once I got banned because the website owner didn't like my argument.

Once I got banned for not being a mormon. :chuckle:

Once I got banned for saying something horrible and untrue about a guy on here. That one hurt.

Newman

I'm more of an anarcho-syndicalist, though I sympathize with agorism and have read anarcho-capitalist thinkers extensively. I'd say Benjamin Tucker is my favorite anarchist author.

So what's your beef with private property?

I heard of that Jesus man. Some claim he's some sort of a God. It probably works for them. That's good.

Jesus is just alright with me

Still, I am not aware of Gods becoming Men or Men becoming Gods. So the claims are weird. And he is most definitely not the God of my tribe and my ancestors. Ultimately I choose the path of my folks rather than the path of weird Gods of the desert.

Genesis 12:1-3 is all I'll say about that. I'd rather engage you on rights/liberties than theology. I've only met one other anarcho-syndicalist, and she was mean. But then again, I've never met somebody that would readily and willingly label themselves as a heathen. So. Yeah. Private property? What's your beef?

Nydhogg

None whatsoever.

However, the massive accumulation of wealth we see today was made possible mainly by State fiat, coercion, and outright thuggery.

There is nothing wrong with people keeping the fruits of their labor, but I contend that most of the property of the burgeoisie was illegitimately acquired.

Virtually all megacorps were made possible by State fiat. The existence of that top 0.25% of obscenely rich people was made by the money monopoly, the land monopoly, the tariff monopoly and the patent monopoly.

Have you read Kevin Carson's "The Iron Fist Behind the Invisible Hand?". It's a good read.

Workers taking over certain industries and becoming the owners of the full fruit of their labor would be akin to freed slaves taking their 20 acres and a mule.

Eventually I would support small businesses, ethical corporations and co-operatives peacefully coexisting in a free market, which happens to be the most efficient way to allocate scarce resources. However, a powerful labor movement, as well as counter-economics, are BOTH needed to break the State-Capital alliance's spine once and for all.

Agorists and syndicalists need to cooperate and act together. Our goals are similar. Our ethos is similar. Why the hell not?

Newman

None whatsoever.

However, the massive accumulation of wealth we see today was made possible mainly by State fiat, coercion, and outright thuggery.

There is nothing wrong with people keeping the fruits of their labor, but I contend that most of the property of the burgeoisie was illegitimately acquired.

Virtually all megacorps were made possible by State fiat. The existence of that top 0.25% of obscenely rich people was made by the money monopoly, the land monopoly, the tariff monopoly and the patent monopoly.

Have you read Kevin Carson's "The Iron Fist Behind the Invisible Hand?". It's a good read.

Workers taking over certain industries and becoming the owners of the full fruit of their labor would be akin to freed slaves taking their 20 acres and a mule.

Eventually I would support small businesses, ethical corporations and co-operatives peacefully coexisting in a free market, which happens to be the most efficient way to allocate scarce resources. However, a powerful labor movement, as well as counter-economics, are BOTH needed to break the State-Capital alliance's spine once and for all.

What kind of counter economics? Why not a gradual disappearance of the state, but maintaining (or, really, introducing) a capitalistic structure?

End the Fed!

nicholsmom

Name's Karl.

From Bellevue, WA.
:wave:
I'm a mom from Indiana. Are you married? Do you have kids?

I love software. I used to help NASA when they were choosing a database system for their engineering data handling. I helped with a project to integrate their programs with the database and add a gui on top. That was before SQL was solidified and before kids for me :)

What? Might makes right - that sort of thing? Makes me glad I have guns and practice with them (and like shooting them :D)

That's a new one for this forum I think. I'm just a boring ol' Christian with Calvinistic leanings. But then I'm also just a married mom living in rural America living the traditional life and educating my own kids. I like to cook, bake and sew. I'm a real yawner :yawn:

:wave2: Nice to meet you.

Nydhogg

:wave:
I'm a mom from Indiana. Are you married? Do you have kids?

I love software. I used to help NASA when they were choosing a database system for their engineering data handling. I helped with a project to integrate their programs with the database and add a gui on top. That was before SQL was solidified and before kids for me :)

What? Might makes right - that sort of thing? Makes me glad I have guns and practice with them (and like shooting them :D)

That's a new one for this forum I think. I'm just a boring ol' Christian with Calvinistic leanings. But then I'm also just a married mom living in rural America living the traditional life and educating my own kids. I like to cook, bake and sew. I'm a real yawner :yawn:

:wave2: Nice to meet you.

I don't have kids yet. I'm 22, too young for marriage, honestly. And me and monogamy are not exactly friends, so I'm not sure if me marrying would be ethical.

You programmed a database and a GUI before SQL? Which language?
Take me out of Python and C++ and I'm like a fish in outer space.

Not might makes right, more on the lines of "no coercive authority, self-defense and mutual defense instead of State-approved jack-booted thugs" civilized anarchist.

I've seen a couple of other pagans here. Asatru is just a subset of the pagan revival of the late 60s and early 70s :p.

Do you homeschool your kids? I'm relieved when it's educated and knowledgeable people doing it. Perhaps I'd homeschool if I had kids. I don't like the "Big Brother is your friend" theme so prevalent on public education.

I don't think your life is particularly boring: Hell, you worked for NASA! I'm just a "janitorial tech", as Heretic aptly put before.

How is rural life? I've been a suburbanite most of my life. Are rural folks actually that conservative? After all, the people seem very religious and very conservative when I visit my grandparents at Montana, but people seem genuinely welcoming.

Last edited:

nicholsmom

I don't have kids yet. I'm 22, too young for marriage, honestly. And me and monogamy are not exactly friends, so I'm not sure if me marrying would be ethical.

You programmed a database and a GUI before SQL?
Not before SQL before it was solidified. SQL was mostly an idea back then with all the various venders coming up with their own versions/rules and vying to ensure that their flavor adhered to whatever eventually became the standard. Naturally enough, the government had a big hand in it, not by fiat, but by force of being the largest user of software in general and the largest repository of data. So getting to work for NASA at the time was lots of fun. We got to play around with all the various database products and I got to be a major voice in the final decision for NASA's database. I rather pushed the one with the most developed, easy to use library of C calls (C being the primary language of guis at the time, with C++ being developed from the roots of object-oriented programming being done at the time with C - yep, by me and my co-workers). I was just thrilled that we no longer had to write the graphics totally from scratch by that time, using mostly widget calls and the latest-and-greatest thing called debugging environments. Made things so much easier :D

Which language?
Take me out of Python and C++ and I'm like a fish in outer space.
I wrote mostly in C, making my own objects with global declarations. I had to port everything to about 3 different Unix-based OSs and two other platforms that, I believe are now obsolete (I did tell them we were wasting our time - Unix was the future). We had to write some tie-ins for the engineer-written fortran programs they used for modeling over there, but it was mostly C.

Not might makes right, more on the lines of "no coercive authority, self-defense and mutual defense instead of State-approved jack-booted thugs" civilized anarchist.
Hmm... I might just be an anarchist myself :think:
I do like having the rule of law to help the weak against the cruel; I like a strong volunteer military; I like strong borders for the same reason I like having a rule of law; I like a totally free market - buyer beware; I think that taxation ought all to be voluntary and that the government ought to be able to function on minimal funds outside of military costs (including border protection)...

I've seen a couple of other pagans here. Asatru is just a subset of the pagan revival of the late 60s and early 70s :p.
Okay. I don't know much about that either, so I look forward to what you have to post :)

Do you homeschool your kids? I'm relieved when it's educated and knowledgeable people doing it. Perhaps I'd homeschool if I had kids. I don't like the "Big Brother is your friend" theme so prevalent on public education.
I school my own primarily because I can. I don't want to send them away to be educated; I don't have to send them away; so I keep them home where I can enjoy them :) We like it and they do well learning what they each need individually. Not that we do everything at home - as they get older, a great deal of it is home-based, but largely out of the home. For instance, the high-school level science classes are learned at home with a group meeting regularly for lab work and extra lecturing by an expert in the field. Pretty cool that they do this for free :) My older three are in a neighboring town just now at their speech/debate club. My oldest is a driver, so I send them on their way each Friday morning to enjoy the fellowship of other home-schooled kids and practice public speaking in a friendly environment. They are currently only auditing the debate class, but they do like it. I wonder where they get that from :think:

I don't think your life is particularly boring: Hell, you worked for NASA! I'm just a "janitorial tech", as Heretic aptly put before.
No, it's not boring. I was just teasing really because it sounded like you were really glorifying your statistics :p

I love my life. I have the best job in the world in my opinion and I wouldn't trade with anyone, nor would I alter any of my major life decisions. :)

How is rural life? I've been a suburbanite most of my life. Are rural folks actually that conservative? After all, the people seem very religious and very conservative when I visit my grandparents at Montana, but people seem genuinely welcoming.

People, by and large, are individuals, I've found. I, personally, am conservative, which to me means that I believe strongly in personal responsibility and self-sufficiency, as well as in the solid foundations of the traditional family for the rearing of children.

I like you. You seem easy-going even though you're only 22, and that's saying something :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.