how was Saul / Paul saved in Acts 9:6 .

DAN P

I am on other web sits and even attend a dispensational assembly , and even they can not answer how Saul was saved .

We know that there are many positions on when the Body of Christ began .

Acts 2
Acts 9 ,
Acts 11
Acts 13
Acts 28

what say you

dan p

DAN P

And I agree , and as I was taking to Robert C Brock , I said that no one ever explained how Saul was saved in Acts 9:6 and we know that Paul was the pattern to those being saved after him to everlasting life , 1 Tin 1:16 .

One pastor calls it Lordship salvation , what say you ?

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
And I agree , and as I was taking to Robert C Brock , I said that no one ever explained how Saul was saved in Acts 9:6 and we know that Paul was the pattern to those being saved after him to everlasting life , 1 Tin 1:16 .

One pastor calls it Lordship salvation , what say you ?

dan p
Paul was saved by grace through faith, just like he says that we should be.
Lordship salvation is a nasty heresy.

DAN P

Paul was saved by grace through faith, just like he says that we should be.
Lordship salvation is a nasty heresy.
And here is what I have found , as to how Saul was saved !

#1 In Acts 9:6 Saul asks , Lord what do you wish me to do ?
#2 Me / ME is a personal possessive pronoun in the Accusative case .
The personal possessive pronoun . refers that belongs to a specific person and the Accusative case means that it is the end of the action .
#3 Notice Saul calls Jesus Lord / KYRIOS which mean that Saul is calling Jesus Lord ( G2962 ) which means Master , Sir , or Possessor .

#4 Rom 10:9 as all have to confess with your mouth Lord Jesus / Kyrios and should believe that God raised Him from the dead , you will be saved .

#5 For with the heart he believes to righteousness and with the mouth he confesses to salvation .

I believe that the word Lord is important to be saved and that Paul is the pattern to those that will be saved by grace , 1 Tim 1:16 .

And then , when did Saul receive the Holy Spirit ?

dan p

Right Divider

Body part
And here is what I have found , as to how Saul was saved !

#1 In Acts 9:6 Saul asks , Lord what do you wish me to do ?
#2 Me / ME is a personal possessive pronoun in the Accusative case .
The personal possessive pronoun . refers that belongs to a specific person and the Accusative case means that it is the end of the action .
#3 Notice Saul calls Jesus Lord / KYRIOS which mean that Saul is calling Jesus Lord ( G2962 ) which means Master , Sir , or Possessor .

#4 Rom 10:9 as all have to confess with your mouth Lord Jesus / Kyrios and should believe that God raised Him from the dead , you will be saved .

#5 For with the heart he believes to righteousness and with the mouth he confesses to salvation .

I believe that the word Lord is important to be saved and that Paul is the pattern to those that will be saved by grace , 1 Tim 1:16 .

And then , when did Saul receive the Holy Spirit ?

dan p
Paul received the Holy Spirit the moment that he believed and was saved.

Right Divider

Body part
And I believe that is what happened , so do you have a verse for that assertion ?
The entirety of Paul's epistles explains how someone gets saved and when they receive the Holy Spirit.
Here is but one example:
Eph 1:13 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
There is no indication anywhere in Paul's epistles that there is a delay between "after that you believed" and "ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise".

Last edited:

glorydaz

And I believe that is what happened , so do you have a verse for that assertion ?

Read 1 Cor 12:3 and see and see how important the word Lord / KYRIOS than is !!

dan p
So now I see the importance of confessing the Lord. Thank you, Dan.

glorydaz

The entirety of Paul's epistles explains how someone gets saved and when they receive the Holy Spirit.
Here is but one example:
Eph 1:13 KJV In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
There is no indication anywhere in Paul's epistles that there is a delay between "after that you believed" and "ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise".
So we see the first step is hearing the gospel, then comes trust/believe and sealed with the Holy Spirit.

This is certainly the way one is saved in this day and age. It hasn't always been that way, has it?