I'm pro-choice: the BABY gets the choice (self-preservation)

whatever67

yeh, the child should be given the choice (whether to be born or not), and since s/he is too young and doesn't know how to speak English, the choice should be assumed to be that which comports with the old adage:

self-preservation is the first law of nature

in other words, we can safely assume the child would NOT choose to be mutiliated, murdered and tossed into a trash can

do ya think?

Don't you just LOVE Ted Cruz? The only one running for the White House who believes that ALL humans should have the "Right to LIFE

[liberty...]"

:)

whatever67

"Do unto others as you would have others do unto you"

If you wouldn't want to be aborted, don't abort others

If everyone lived by that commandment of Christ, this world might not be so bad

but few do

:(

quip

BANNED
Banned
yeh, the child should be given the choice (whether to be born or not), and since s/he is too young and doesn't know how to speak English, the choice should be assumed to be that which comports with the old adage:

self-preservation is the first law of nature

lionkill2.jpg

Are you referring to the gazelle...or the lion?

Nature has also been described as being "Red in the tooth and claw."

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
:yawn:

When the next President 'leaves it to the state', like all others before, maybe you'll get it through that thick head of yours that they don't actually have power over it- they just told you what you wanted to hear to get your vote.

You all make yourselves manipulable by your own alleged convictions.

This is why the Right has made no progress. You should try focusing on the actual born and living, who are actually suffering.
Instead you're worried about something you can't do anything about, and abandoning the ACTUAL purpose of a PRESIDENT.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Why not both?

Because there is nothing you can do about it :doh:
You all made that bed as soon as you became feminist in your philosophy a half a century ago. You gonna mess with their precious 'autonomy'? Nah, that's misogynistic. Therefore- abortions.
Did it to yourselves.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
The sooner you all realize this country has been judged by God on this matter, the better. Then we can move on to fixing what actually can be fixed. He has given the sin the nation desired right on over to it.

glassjester

Because there is nothing you can do about it :doh:
You all made that bed as soon as you became feminist in your philosophy a half a century ago.
You gonna mess with their precious 'autonomy'? Nah, that's misogynistic. Therefore- abortions.
Did it to yourselves.

So do you think abortion should remain legal?

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
So do you think abortion should remain legal?

I think nobody should be homeless but that's not going to change either. The only thing you can do is help as many as you can who are in trouble and that's that- the same with women who become pregnant in bad circumstances.

We live in an adversarial world and Christians forget that. I'll tell you what doesn't help in the slightest: calling them 'murderers'. If there's any way you pretty much want to strip any Christian influence period, all you have to do is keep on perpetuating that.

What I really think is that most pro-lifers are just in it out of self interest. It makes them appear to have more holiness than they actually possess, and feel as though they have accomplished anything other than that.

glassjester

I think nobody should be homeless but that's not going to change either. The only thing you can do is help as many as you can who are in trouble and that's that- the same with women who become pregnant in bad circumstances.

Not the only thing. You can also support legislative and policy changes that would decrease homelessness. Or should you not do that?

We live in an adversarial world and Christians forget that. I'll tell you what doesn't help in the slightest: calling them 'murderers'. If there's any way you pretty much want to strip any Christian influence period, all you have to do is keep on perpetuating that.

How should we increase Christian influence?

What I really think is that most pro-lifers are just in it out of self interest. It makes them appear to have more holiness than they actually possess, and feel as though they have accomplished anything other than that.

Probably true. The same could be said for all causes.

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Of course, if Ted Cruz becomes our next President, this despicable piece of filth is going to cut government programs to help the poor and poor women to the bone , try to make many contraceptives illegal, defund Planned Parenthood and so many other government programs etc .
The result ? A SKYROCKETING abortion rate , more poor women dying , more poor children born into
abject poverty , hunger,malnutrition and lack of medical care .
It won't be pretty !!! More neglected abused children, both physically and sexually , more children growing up with stunted minds because of being born into malnutrition, more children killed by random gun violence etc . Be careful what you ask for !

glassjester

Of course, if Ted Cruz becomes our next President, this despicable piece of filth is going to cut government programs to help the poor and poor women to the bone , try to make many contraceptives illegal, defund Planned Parenthood and so many other government programs etc .
The result ? A SKYROCKETING abortion rate , more poor women dying , more poor children born into
abject poverty , hunger,malnutrition and lack of medical care .
It won't be pretty !!! More neglected abused children, both physically and sexually , more children growing up with stunted minds because of being born into malnutrition, more children killed by random gun violence etc . Be careful what you ask for !

So kill them before those crimes can be committed, right?
Sounds like "Minority Report."

Let's follow that logic a little further.
If we kill all humans, there will be zero poverty, and zero crime! Let's do it! :idea:

The Horn

BANNED
Banned
Glassjester, what I'm saying is that the disastrous social and economic policies Ted Cruz would
would initiate as President wouldn't stop abortion, they would INCREASE the abortion rate because they would be disastrously counterproductive. Apparently your reading comprehension is somewhat deficient .

glassjester

Glassjester, what I'm saying is that the disastrous social and economic policies Ted Cruz would
would initiate as President wouldn't stop abortion, they would INCREASE the abortion rate because they would be disastrously counterproductive. Apparently your reading comprehension is somewhat deficient .

Why the insult at the end? Does it make you feel good?

What you seem to have argued is that if children are not killed before they're born, they will end up abused.

Is that right?