Theology Club: In Christ ??

DAN P

Hi to all , and since I believe that Paul is the ONLY ONE to explain what " in Christ " means !!

In Rom 16:7 , Paul writes , " who also were IN CHRIST before me " ??

How can this BE ??

DAN P

DAN P

Hi to all , and since I believe that Paul is the ONLY ONE to explain what " in Christ " means !!

How can this BE ??

DAN P

Hi , and does it mean that the Body of Christ was before Paul , IF they were in Christ BEFORE Paul ??

dan p

DAN P

How can this BE ??

DAN P

Hi , and I believe it is ONE thing to be in Christ Redemptively and it is ANOTHER thing to be " in Christ " and the other more than over 50 applications to be in Christ Dispensationally .

This is a big and important subject , and Robert C Brock has a booklet that can be googled and read on the internet !!

dan p

surrender

How can this BE ??

DAN P
Doesn't he mean they were saved before him?

DAN P

Hi , and there are about 3 places where the Gospel use the term " in Him " or in Jesus !!

In Him , was BEFORE Saul was saved !!

SAUL / PAUL used the terms , " in Christ , 31 times , in Whom , 6 times , in Christ Jesus , 47 times !!

In Christ to me , means " in Christ " Dispensationally !!

And there are 62 terms Doctrinally of being " in Christ ".

Then there 49 Practical application for daily living when believers are in Christ and can be googled by using Robert C Brock !!

dan p

heir

TOL Subscriber

How can this BE ??

DAN P
It does not say "in the Body of Christ before me".

Choleric

Hi , and does it mean that the Body of Christ was before Paul , IF they were in Christ BEFORE Paul ??

dan p

Of course. He body of Christ includes all saved people in this dispensation since the resurrection of Christ. Paul was not first. Many didn't know they were on the body of Christ until later, but the Body began with the first person saved by grace through faith.

DAN P

Choleric;3 but the Body began with the first person saved by grace through faith.[/QUOTE said:
Hi , and who do you say , with verses , was the FIRST / PROTOS person inducted into the Body of Christ ??

I , believe that Nick always quotes 1 Tim 1:15 and 16 , where the Greek word PROTOS which means FIRST is used in 1 Tim 15 and 16 , so what do these 2 verses mean ??

dan p

surrender

Hi , and there are about 3 places where the Gospel use the term " in Him " or in Jesus !!

In Him , was BEFORE Saul was saved !!

SAUL / PAUL used the terms , " in Christ , 31 times , in Whom , 6 times , in Christ Jesus , 47 times !!

In Christ to me , means " in Christ " Dispensationally !!

And there are 62 terms Doctrinally of being " in Christ ".

Then there 49 Practical application for daily living when believers are in Christ and can be googled by using Robert C Brock !!

dan p
That didn't answer my question.

If you're "in Christ" you're saved. Period.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Before Paul, a "Christian" had to endure to the end. They had to convert, be water baptised, repent (stop sinning), keep the law, and confess when they fail.

Paul did nothing, he was reconciled as an enemy. He is the pattern, (that means first) for the Body of Christ.

surrender

Not even before Jesus did one have to convert, be water baptized and keep the Mosaic Law in order to be accepted by God. For example, God didn’t expect the Ninevites to suddenly convert to Judaism. There’s also an example found in Naaman. Naaman confesses allegiance to Elisha’s God, but there is no mention of him converting and keeping the law. Elisha responds to his confession, “Go in peace,” indicating he is accepted by his God.

Last edited:

DAN P

What " in Christ " really means ??

What " in Christ " really means ??

Not even before Jesus did one have to convert, be water baptized and keep the Mosaic Law in order to be accepted by God. For example, God didn’t expect the Ninevites to suddenly convert to Judaism. There’s also an example found in Naaman. Naaman confesses allegiance to Elisha’s God, but there is no mention of him converting and keeping the law. Elisa responds to his confession, “Go in peace,” indicating he is accepted by his God.

Hi , and Paul is the ONLY who says the following in a Practical Application :

#1 , In Christ , FAITH , Gal 3:14 !!

#2 , In Christ , Abound More , 1Thess 4:1 !!

#3 , In Christ , Instructors , 1 Cor 4:15 !!

#4 , In Christ , Walk , Col 2:6 !!

There are 49 more verse of How we are to walk in Christ

In the Doctrine part :

#1 , We are COMPLETE in Christ !!

#2 , We are all In Christ , 1 Thess 4:16 !!

#3 , We are One Body in Christ , Gal 3:28 !!

#4 , We are are raised up Together in Christ , Col 2:12 !!

And there are 67 in Total , of being in Christ !!

The Jews are no where in sight , ONLY believers Dispensationally !!

dan p

surrender

Paul uses the body of Christ (members & head) metaphor to describe the intimate and dependent relationship believers have with Christ. Jesus uses the vine and branch metaphor to describe the intimate and dependent relationship believers have with Christ.

Paul uses the phrase “in Christ” to describe this unique relationship.
Jesus uses similar terminology to describe this unique relationship. He says that believers are “in Christ” when he says:

“that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in me and I in You, that they also may be “in US” (John 17:21).

Paul also says that Christ is in us: “…Christ Jesus is in you” (2 Cor. 13:5) and “…Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27).

Jesus also says that he is in believers: “I in them, You in me” (John 17:23).

You see, it's not only those saved "according to the gospel of grace" who are in Christ (and whom Christ is in), it's also those saved "according to the gospel of the kingdom" who are in Christ (and whom Christ is in).

DAN P

Paul uses the body of Christ (members & head) metaphor to describe the intimate and dependent relationship believers have with Christ. Jesus uses the vine and branch metaphor to describe the intimate and dependent relationship believers have with Christ.

Paul uses the phrase “in Christ” to describe this unique relationship.
Jesus uses similar terminology to describe this unique relationship. He says that believers are “in Christ” when he says:

“that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in me and I in You, that they also may be “in US” (John 17:21).

Paul also says that Christ is in us: “…Christ Jesus is in you” (2 Cor. 13:5) and “…Christ in you, the hope of glory” (Col. 1:27).

Jesus also says that he is in believers: “I in them, You in me” (John 17:23).

You see, it's not only those saved "according to the gospel of grace" who are in Christ (and whom Christ is in), it's also those saved "according to the gospel of the kingdom" who are in Christ (and whom Christ is in).

Hi , and will repeat , The Jews who followed Jesus were in Him and AFTER His death Paul says that we are " in Christ " dispensationally , and that us the difference !!

There were no CHRISTIANOS /CHRISTIANS in the Gospels and NICK post is MOOT !!

DAN P

surrender

Of course. He body of Christ includes all saved people in this dispensation since the resurrection of Christ. Paul was not first. Many didn't know they were on the body of Christ until later, but the Body began with the first person saved by grace through faith.
I guess that would mean Abraham, then? "For if Abraham was justified by works, he has something to boast about, but not before God. For what does the Scripture say? 'Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness.' ...David also speaks of the blessing on the man to whom God credits righteousness apart from works: 'Blessed are those whose lawless deeds have been forgiven, and whose sins have been covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the LORD will not take into account.' ...for the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith. ...For this reason it is by faith, in order that it may be in accordance with grace, so that the promise will be guaranteed to all the descendants..." (Romans 4:2-16).