Inanity of character defaming signatures

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard Seed

Is anyone else here in agreement with me on the utter lack of maturity or intellegence displayed by some so-so participants in this forum. The kind that say something to the effect of--

"<suchandsuch> is an imbecile"

You would think that one who has to resort to such juvenile debate substitutes would likely not even realize that they are ascribing the very noun that describes them and their action to someone else. I mean look at the meaning of the word. A retarded person with the mental capacity equivalent to a child between ages 3 and 7. Now with the realization that that original usage is not the common take on this now intentionaly derisive word try to think of any respectable person you know who is an adult and not retarded that would take the one item that is suppose to be their signature piece, their calling card, and leave such to simply be some attempt at unjustified defamation of someone most common participants here KNOW to be beyond the scope covered by any definition that can be ascribed to such a word.

I would tell such people to grow up, if previous attempts at showing them their deficiencies in social and intellectual prowis had ever resulted in a positive outcome, but as such is not probable I'll simply hope to shame them, and encourage others to do such in a proper manner, in the hopes that something like societal pressure will do something to sharpen the painfully dull intellects and personas of these sad sad humans.

eisenreich

Mustard Seed said:

Is anyone else here in agreement with me on the utter lack of maturity or intellegence displayed by some so-so participants in this forum. The kind that say something to the effect of--

"<suchandsuch> is an imbecile"
:wave2: I agree. Sozo, what is your opinion on the matter..?

Mustard Seed

What a great honor. The sucker took the bate. Thanks for the badge of pride. However fleeting it will likely be.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
Sozo is my thorn in the flesh...how sad.

As profanity is the sign of a small mind, so put downs are the sign of a small man (I made that up...why do I keep coming down to his level...pride, I guess...as well as offense knowing what Christ has done for this loser).

Thanx, MS, for your concern and integrity to stand up for what's right. There is a way to disagree, even with our enemies. Other forums with integrity (Worthy Boards, for example) would have punted him moons ago. I argue for most people's right to be here, but there should be some rules and accountability (our Christian witness is important and some people are simply loose cannons that need to be tuned in). This does not mean your doctrine is sound, of course...but you do have my love and respect.

I suppose it is easier to use argumentum ad hominem than critically and logically think and respond to ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.