Isis Wants Ground War With America

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Fareed Zakaria did a report - Blindsided - It's about the beginnings of ISIS and up to now, including what they want for the future. They want American boots on the ground, the report also shows how isis uses our own news reports against us with other propaganda. It shows everyday life in areas under isis control, the people are brainwashed.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2...how-isis-shook-the-world-for-monday-april-27/

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria explores the origins of the terror group known as Islamic State or ‘ISIS’ for a rare inside look into the heart of darkness, and an examination of how and when the U.S. came to know about ISIS. The one-hour special, Blindsided: How ISIS Shook the World, will premiere Monday, May 11 at 9:00pm and 12:00am Eastern on CNN/U.S.. Blindsided will air on Monday, May 11 at 9:00pm and on Tuesday, May 12 at 7:00am and 5:00pm Eastern on CNN International.
Despite the terrible beheadings of journalists, German journalist Jurgen Todenhofer crossed the border into Mosul, Iraq, in 2014. In rare footage, Todenhofer shows what life is like in ISIS-held territory. ISIS governance is both frightening and mundane – including ISIS-issued license plates, parking tickets, and other trappings of everyday life.
Among the most astonishing things we learn: the ISIS objective of luring the West into a grand battle. The terror group wants its unique vision of a caliphate – and American boots on the ground in combat.
Deputy National Security Advisor for strategic communication Ben Rhodes; a former Islamist who founded a British counter-extremism think tank and is now running for the U.K. Parliament, Maajid Nawaz; former director of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, Lt. General Michael Flynn; Middle East expert and London School of Economics professor of international relations Fawaz Gerges; former FBI agent Ali Soufan; and others discuss how ISIS grew to become a transnational terror organization, how it recruits followers, what is being done to try to stop it – and what does and doesn’t seem to be working. Zakaria’s analysis will give viewers a sense of the direct threat ISIS presents for U.S. national security and the U.S. homeland.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ma...s-fareed-zakaria-hypes-fox-news-favorite-isis

The video is much better

FAREED ZAKARIA (voice-over): And, of course, ISIS also manipulates us – television news. They put their videos online; we put them on television. And in a bizarre twist, ISIS turns around and makes clever use of what it sees on TV.

This video is called 'Victory in Kobani.' It glorifies the ISIS capture of that Syrian city, while mocking President Obama and other Western leaders.

GENERAL MARTIN DEMPSEY: Air power alone – first of all, there's no military solution to ISIL. I have – military-only solution – okay?

ZAKARIA: The angry rhetoric of cable news fits right into the script.

MICHAEL SCHEUER (from interview on Fox News Channel): Even with combat troops on the ground, we've proven that we cannot defeat these people. The – we are so incompetent – in terms of conducting a foreign policy; and in terms of conducting military operation.

ZAKARIA: CNN makes an occasional appearance-

NIC ROBERTSON (from CNN's New Day): Enter that city of Kobani.

ZAKARIA: But Fox News is a favorite of ISIS, with commentators who demand boots on the ground – playing into ISIS's dreams of a grand battle against America.

LT. COL. BILL COWAN, U.S. MARINE CORPS (RET) (from Fox News Channel's Happening Now): So at the end of the day, when Kobani falls – and I would say, by all accounts, it's going to – the United States will look absolutely foolish for doing some pinprick strikes that had no effect on the outcome; and ISIS is going to come out more empowered than ever. ISIS will be the big winner, and the United States will be the big loser.

ZAKRIA: All of it is frighteningly effective – creating a 21st century machine, designed perfectly for the young, and built to recruit followers from across the world. (clip of ISIS members chanting, "Takbir! Allah akhbar!")

THOMAS FRIEDMAN, AUTHOR, NEW YORK TIMES COLUMNIST: They were raised on Twitter. They were raised on YouTube. They were raised on Facebook. ISIS is CNN to somebody's home TV. These guys are very sophisticated. They're a whole different generation.

- See more at: http://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/ma...s-fox-news-favorite-isis#sthash.7E9YqdGY.dpuf

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Fareed Zakaria did a report - Blindsided - It's about the beginnings of ISIS and up to now, including what they want for the future. They want American boots on the ground, the report also shows how isis uses our own news reports against us with other propaganda. It shows everyday life in areas under isis control, the people are brainwashed.

http://cnnpressroom.blogs.cnn.com/2...how-isis-shook-the-world-for-monday-april-27/

CNN’s Fareed Zakaria explores the origins of the terror group known as Islamic State or ‘ISIS’ for a rare inside look into the heart of darkness, and an examination of how and when the U.S. came to know about ISIS. The one-hour special, Blindsided: How ISIS Shook the World, will premiere Monday, May 11 at 9:00pm and 12:00am Eastern on CNN/U.S.. Blindsided will air on Monday, May 11 at 9:00pm and on Tuesday, May 12 at 7:00am and 5:00pm Eastern on CNN International.
Despite the terrible beheadings of journalists, German journalist Jurgen Todenhofer crossed the border into Mosul, Iraq, in 2014. In rare footage, Todenhofer shows what life is like in ISIS-held territory. ISIS governance is both frightening and mundane – including ISIS-issued license plates, parking tickets, and other trappings of everyday life.
Among the most astonishing things we learn: the ISIS objective of luring the West into a grand battle. The terror group wants its unique vision of a caliphate – and American boots on the ground in combat.
Deputy National Security Advisor for strategic communication Ben Rhodes; a former Islamist who founded a British counter-extremism think tank and is now running for the U.K. Parliament, Maajid Nawaz; former director of the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, Lt. General Michael Flynn; Middle East expert and London School of Economics professor of international relations Fawaz Gerges; former FBI agent Ali Soufan; and others discuss how ISIS grew to become a transnational terror organization, how it recruits followers, what is being done to try to stop it – and what does and doesn’t seem to be working. Zakaria’s analysis will give viewers a sense of the direct threat ISIS presents for U.S. national security and the U.S. homeland.
Fareed Zakaria has always helped enlarge the pool of meaning when the Middle East is concerned.

His name and his appearance led many conservatives to denounce him and not listen to him--probably because they identified him as Muslim and even possible as a hidden terrorist.

I am glad he is getting well known.

We need all the diverse voices around when it comes to understanding Islam in today’s world.

Another intriguing voice is that of Tawfik Hamid. I have recently seen his work on the Internet. He seems to be saying that Islam DEFINITELY is not a religion of peace.

I am trying to find a scholar of history that will also include the forms of Christianity that have promoted terrorist ideas and actions as well.

This is a hard time for me. I am so focused on trying to find real answers and it is not an easy job finding this stuff online these days.
I wish this guy who opened this thread would be more serious in addressing our questions.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Fareed Zakaria has always helped enlarge the pool of meaning when the Middle East is concerned.

His name and his appearance led many conservatives to denounce him and not listen to him--probably because they identified him as Muslim and even possible as a hidden terrorist.

I am glad he is getting well known.

We need all the diverse voices around when it comes to understanding Islam in today’s world.

Another intriguing voice is that of Tawfik Hamid. I have recently seen his work on the Internet. He seems to be saying that Islam DEFINITELY is not a religion of peace.

I am trying to find a scholar of history that will also include the forms of Christianity that have promoted terrorist ideas and actions as well.

This is a hard time for me. I am so focused on trying to find real answers and it is not an easy job finding this stuff online these days.
I wish this guy who opened this thread would be more serious in addressing our questions.

You were doing good until that last paragraph. What questions ? I wish this guy who posted this post would answer some of our questions about Tawfik Hamid.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
"Today there can be no possible doubt that evil exists and that there are people who are capable of extremely destructive behavior.

Any lingering doubts on this score will be swept away by an evening spent in front of the television. But the fact this is so is no confirmation of the widespread assertion that there are people who are born evil.

On the contrary.

The deciding factor is the reception they were given when they came into the world and the way they were treated later. Of course they have the genetic blueprint they inherited from their parents, and it may determine what kind of temperament a child will have, what inclinations, gifts, predispositions, but character depends crucially upon what a person is offered soon after his birth and over the first years of life.

Children who are given love, respect, understanding, kindness, and warmth will naturally develop different characteristics from those who experience neglect, contempt, violence or abuse, and never have anyone they can turn to for kindness and affection.

Such absence of trust and love is a common denominator in the formative years of all the dictators I have studied. The result is that these children will tend to glorify the violence inflicted upon them and later to take advantage of every possible opportunity to exercise such violence, possibly on a gigantic scale. Children learn by imitation. Their bodies do not learn what we try to instill in them by words but what they have experienced physically.

Battered, injured children will learn to batter and injure others; sheltered, respected children will learn to respect and protect those weaker than themselves. Children have nothing else to go on but their own experiences."
-- Alice Miller

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
"Today there can be no possible doubt that evil exists and that there are people who are capable of extremely destructive behavior.

Any lingering doubts on this score will be swept away by an evening spent in front of the television. But the fact this is so is no confirmation of the widespread assertion that there are people who are born evil.

On the contrary.

The deciding factor is the reception they were given when they came into the world and the way they were treated later. Of course they have the genetic blueprint they inherited from their parents, and it may determine what kind of temperament a child will have, what inclinations, gifts, predispositions, but character depends crucially upon what a person is offered soon after his birth and over the first years of life.

Children who are given love, respect, understanding, kindness, and warmth will naturally develop different characteristics from those who experience neglect, contempt, violence or abuse, and never have anyone they can turn to for kindness and affection.

Such absence of trust and love is a common denominator in the formative years of all the dictators I have studied. The result is that these children will tend to glorify the violence inflicted upon them and later to take advantage of every possible opportunity to exercise such violence, possibly on a gigantic scale. Children learn by imitation. Their bodies do not learn what we try to instill in them by words but what they have experienced physically.

Battered, injured children will learn to batter and injure others; sheltered, respected children will learn to respect and protect those weaker than themselves. Children have nothing else to go on but their own experiences."
-- Alice Miller

True, common sense. Not really related to ISIS and there end game motives. Every member of isis an individual dictator

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
yeah, i got this on the cbc last night - they think any publicity will boost their recruiting

what they're going to find out is that it will boost their recruiting of morons who post selfies on facebook and provide targets

so that's a good thing