JERRY SHUGART - FELLOWSHIP

OCTOBER23

JERRY,

-- HOW TO RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE.

-- God gave us a SMALL Amount of HIS Spirit as a Downpayment of the Rest at the Resurrection.

--2 Corinthians 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

--2 Corinthians 5:5 Now he that hath wrought us for the selfsame thing is God,

who also hath given unto us the earnest of the Spirit.

-- Ephesians 1:14 Which is the earnest <728> of our inheritance

until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

Ephesians 1:14 Which <3739> is <2076> (5748) the earnest <728> of our <2257> inheritance <2817> until <1519> the redemption <629> of the purchased possession <4047>, unto <1519> the praise <1868> of his <846> glory <1391>.
---------------------------------------------------
= 728 ἀῤῥαβών arrabon ar-rab-ohn’

of Hebrew origin

AV-earnest

1) an earnest

1a) money which in purchases is given as a pledge or downpayment

that the full amount will subsequently be paid
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

READ EM AND WEEP BUDDY

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Let us look at the following words of the Lord Jesus again:

"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).​

Those Jews who believed had already been given eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and this is what the Lord Jesus said about them:

"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).​

The Jews who were baptized with water received eternal life the moment when they believed and the Lord Jesus said that they would never perish.

Only if they continue in the faith.

Heb 10:35 Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward.
Heb 10:36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.
Heb 10:37 For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry.
Heb 10:38 Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him.

OCTOBER23

JERRY said,

Let us look at the following words of the Lord Jesus again:
"Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life" (Jn.5:24).
Those Jews who believed had already been given eternal life (1 Jn.5:11) and this is what the Lord Jesus said about them:
"And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand" (Jn.10:28).
The Jews who were baptized with water received eternal life the moment when they believed and the Lord Jesus said that they would never perish.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
JERRY, GOOD TRY BUT NO CIGAR :cigar:

A BRIDGE FACES BOTH WAY - FORWARD AND BACKWARD
A MAN CAN GO FORWARD TOWARD ETERNAL LIFE WHEN JESUS GIVES IT AT THE RESURRECTION
OR....
A MAN CAN GO BACKWARD AND BE ENCOMPASSED BY SIN.

eg .... Hebrews 10:39 But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition;
but of them that believe to the saving of the soul.

-- YA GOTTA KEEP BELIEVING AND IF YOU STOP BELIEVING AND TURN BACK...........

Matthew 10:28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul:

but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Luke 12:5 But I will forewarn you whom ye shall fear: Fear him,

which after he hath killed hath power to cast into hell; yea, I say unto you, Fear him.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jerry Shugart

-- YA GOTTA KEEP BELIEVING AND IF YOU STOP BELIEVING AND TURN BACK...........

As I demonstrated, those who "believe" are given eternal life the moment when they believe. And the Lord Jesus says that those to whom He gives eternal life will never perish.

I believe His words so as far as I am concerned those to whom He gives eternal life will never perish.

You seem to think that even though the Lord Jesus said that they will never perish they can perish, proving that you really do not believe what the Lord Jesus said.

OCTOBER23

JERRY said,

I believe His words so as far as I am concerned those to whom He gives eternal life will never perish.

You seem to think that even though the Lord Jesus said that they will never perish they can perish, proving that you really do not believe what the Lord Jesus said.
================================================

Question:

Jerry, do you have Eternal LIFE RIGHT NOW

or will you be getting Eternal Life in the FUTURE ??????????

And what if you STOP Believing Tomorrow and Turn Back to Worldliness,

will you still get Eternal Life ????????

Jerry Shugart

Question:

Jerry, do you have Eternal LIFE RIGHT NOW

or will you be getting Eternal Life in the FUTURE ??????????

I have it now, just like these Christians:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

And those Christian, just like me, are eternally secure since the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal llife will never perish.

OCTOBER23

JERRY said,

I have it now, just like these Christians:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).

And those Christian, just like me, are eternally secure since the Lord Jesus said that those to whom He gives eternal llife will never perish.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
JERRY YOU HAVE A GOOD POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

BUT , since that GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE is in JESUS and NOT UP TO YOU

TO GIVE THEN YOU DO NOT FULLY HAVE IT YET UNTIL JESUS COMES.

YOU HAVE TO WAIT TILL JESUS GETS HERE AND YOU HAVE TO KEEP THE FAITH TILL THEN.......

That is all that I am saying.

See you in the KINGDOM. :rapture:

Jerry Shugart

BUT , since that GIFT OF ETERNAL LIFE is in JESUS and NOT UP TO YOU

TO GIVE THEN YOU DO NOT FULLY HAVE IT YET UNTIL JESUS COMES.

Do you deny that those to whom John addressed his words here had eternal life?:

"And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in his Son" (1 Jn.5:11).​

Do you deny that we can KNOW that we have eternal life?:

"I write these things to you who believe in the name of the Son of God so that you may know that you have eternal life" (1 Jn.5:13).​

DAN P

Do you deny that? First, we see that before anyone could be baptized with water he had to first believe, as witnessed by the following exchange between Philip and the eunuch:

"And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized? And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" (Acts 8:36-37).​

And here it is plain that once a person believes he is saved:

"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life" (Jn.3:16).​

If you do not agree with this then give me your interpretation of the meaning of what I "bolded" at John 3:16.

Thanks!

Hi and you have to know that Acts 8:36 and is not by the dispensation of the Grace of God and the Eunuch had to BECOME part of Israel as the Body of Christ was not in operation !!

dan p