let's do this thing

Cleekster

Hi everybody.....hope all is well with each and every one of you.

Been checking things out for a week or so and one of the things that REALLY impressed me was how civilized it is here all things considered....

I remember reading a thread between an Atheist and a Christian i think and they both kept it very respectful.....or maybe i'm just used to dealing with Fundamentalist Atheists....oh well doesn't really matter......just something that really stuck out in my brain as being really cool:).

While i plan on sharing my opinions i also plan on listening and learning from all of you guys. I find that other people look at things from an angle i would have never thought of and sometimes it helps me in my journey.

Anyway nice to meet you all.

Chris

TomO

Get used to it.
Hall of Fame

Been checking things out for a week or so and one of the things that REALLY impressed me was how civilized it is here all things considered....

I remember reading a thread between an Atheist and a Christian i think and they both kept it very respectful.....or maybe i'm just used to dealing with Fundamentalist Atheists....oh well doesn't really matter......just something that really stuck out in my brain as being really cool:).

While i plan on sharing my opinions i also plan on listening and learning from all of you guys. I find that other people look at things from an angle i would have never thought of and sometimes it helps me in my journey.

Chris

:think: Okay...now keep that memory.

Got it set so you can acess it when you need it?

:thumb: Good

This will be your happy place. :)

:plain: Whenever thengs get nasty here....which they will on occasion....just go to your happy place and take a break.

It works for me. :hammer:

...oh, and welcome aboard. :wave:

ragTagblues

Whats it to you? :noid:

Like a cannibal using a knife and fork?

Who was this atheist, he needs reprimanding by the High Council!?!

On a more serious note, TomO offers sound advice, it can from time to time become a little nasty in this place; but for the most part we all get a long like a big dysfunctional colony of ants where everybody thinks their Queen (waiting for any number of posters to call me gay after that statement)!

Chris

Welcome, just try not to take anything to personally!?!

bybee

Chris

It's nice to meet you too. I hope you won't be put off by those dialogues which do get heated and sometimes downright nasty.
This is a great forum on which to learn about many topics, chiefly, Biblical interpretation.

bybee

Whats it to you? :noid:

Like a cannibal using a knife and fork?

Who was this atheist, he needs reprimanding by the High Council!?!

On a more serious note, TomO offers sound advice, it can from time to time become a little nasty in this place; but for the most part we all get a long like a big dysfunctional colony of ants where everybody thinks their Queen (waiting for any number of posters to call me gay after that statement)!

Welcome, just try not to take anything to personally!?!

Oh heck RTG, I take most things personally! But I save my umbrage for the things that really matter to me. Of course, there are those little irritants that sometimes get the best of me and the worst of me comes out!:mmph:

wayofthespirit

Hiya Cleekster, pleased to meet you.
I'm coming from and going to, the same place as 'bybee'.
But I'm too new to have plowed a furrow as yet.
Mike.

Dena

Lowered Expectations?

Hello and Welcome!

Cleekster

It's nice to meet you too. I hope you won't be put off by those dialogues which do get heated and sometimes downright nasty.
This is a great forum on which to learn about many topics, chiefly, Biblical interpretation.

Nah.....It takes all kinds. i have no problem with people who get passionate about what they believe in....trolls of course are a different matter entirely.....but that having been said i beleive that how we treat others is the fullest expression of what we believe.

Cleekster

so what is other?

well.....I consider myself a unitarian theist as my views don't fit neatly into any specific religious stereotype....... i think that Deism is probably the closest thing that would encapsulate my overall spiritual viewpoint. However i think that the French Deism of Voltiare has a really irrational hostility toward revealed religion that i find unnecessary and since that is the Deism that most people think of i prefer to stick with the unitarian label.........My beliefs are not static though as i always am open to new evidence.

Last edited:

Cleekster

i would like to take this time to thank those of you who have taken the time to contribute to my "rep" fund...