Middle Wall of Partition

heir

TOL Subscriber
I keep seeing people say that the middle wall of partition was between "Jew and Gentile", but is that really who it was between? Here's what I believe the King James Bible shows.

The Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent (Greeks) in the Acts period were under the handwriting of ordinances handwritten by James in Acts 15. Gentiles like the Ephesians and Colossians (Gentiles such as we) were under no such thing. It was contrary to us as Colossians 2 clearly states and was also referred to as the wall of partition that was broken down between us in .

Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Here are the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, but that the Gentiles (Greeks) in the Acts period were under:

And certain men which came down from Judaea taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saved. 2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissension and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certain other of them, should go up to Jerusalem unto the apostles and elders about this question.

And after they had held their peace, James answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken unto me: 14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visit the Gentiles, to take out of them a people for his name.

Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God: 20 But that we write unto them, that they abstain from pollutions of idols, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

We have sent therefore Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. 28 For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things; 29 That ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well.

That would not have worked for Gentiles like the Ephesians (Gentiles such as we). They were worshiping the goddess Diana as late as Acts 19. The "time past" of Ephesians was these Gentiles reality.

Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands; 12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

It was not until Paul made it known of something that he was previously holding back on () and revealed that the Lord was sending him far hence unto the Gentiles () that he became a prisoner of Jesus Christ for "you Gentiles" (). It was not known until then that God's grace would extend to these Ephesians, (people like you and me) aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world. That is what was before a mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.

BUT NOW!

But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ. 14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us; 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace; 16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby: 17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh. 18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

So, I don't believe that the middle wall of partition was between "Jew and Gentile", but actually between:

1. the Gentiles to whom Paul was first sent (them that were nigh)

and

2. the "you Gentiles" like the Ephesians and Colossians (them which were afar off) to whom Paul was later sent.

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.