Mississippi lawmakers approve religion bill amid gay-rights protests

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You're a racist and a bigot, a twofer!
:rotfl:

Your posting history has painted a very clear picture, it is pretty obvious where you stand. My point holds.

yep, it shows i dont suffer from liberal or white guilt, and that i am honest and do not practise hypocrisy. I am more than willing to be "discriminated" against and wont force others, im not fascist like you. :)

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Here is a link for anyone interested in the text of the PROTECTING FREEDOM OF CONSCIENCE FROM GOVERNMENT DISCRIMINATION ACT

It is a very well worded bill.

I can't find any place where the bill allows homeless shelters and food pantries to discriminate against single mothers.

I had just posted that I agreed with you but then I re-read part and saw this.

Section 3, part 1, letter c.

Makes any decision concerning the sale, rental, occupancy of, or terms and conditions of occupying a dwelling or other housing under its control, based upon or in a manner consistent with a sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction described in Section 3 of this act.

Could not a religious organization that runs a shelter say that a single mother goes against their belief that sex is restricted to marriage?

exminister

Well the bill will certainly be good for the lawyers. Everybody is gonna sue.

It does permit an establishment to deny service to a single mother. Section 2b. Sexual relations must be in the confines of marriage.

I don't see it calling out charities. But would expect it to be implied.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Bigotry south the mason-dixon is as common as water in a swimming pool. It is upsetting but not surprising.

The most people in this day who are bigoted are atheists.

If you came down off your ivory towers and set aside your amplifiers, you might realize the irony.

You all haven't done nothing but harass the religious and converted about half the planet's oxygen into carbon dioxide with your yapping and whistle blowing.

For nothing. Because a picture of Jesus causes 'irreparable damage to mental health', or someone believes in traditional, natural marriage so you try to sue them and take down their businesses.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I had just posted that I agreed with you but then I re-read part and saw this.

Section 3, part 1, letter c.

Makes any decision concerning the sale, rental, occupancy of, or terms and conditions of occupying a dwelling or other housing under its control, based upon or in a manner consistent with a sincerely held religious belief or moral conviction described in Section 3 of this act.

Could not a religious organization that runs a shelter say that a single mother goes against their belief that sex is restricted to marriage?

Sure, its possible, but im willing to bet that caveat is to keep fags from suing christian bed and breakfasts.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Sure, its possible, but im willing to bet that caveat is to keep fags from suing christian bed and breakfasts.

I didn't mean that the single mother/shelter scenario was the intention behind that part of the bill but it sounds like a shelter could do it if they wanted to.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I didn't mean that the single mother/shelter scenario was the intention behind that part of the bill but it sounds like a shelter could do it if they wanted to.

Maybe, but then if you were a single mother, would you even seek shelter at westboro bapist church for example?

Is there such a thing as a right to charity also?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Maybe, but then if you were a single mother, would you even seek shelter at westboro bapist church for example?

Is there such a thing as a right to charity also?
:idunno: Maybe it's the only shelter I can access.

Not sure what you mean. I'm not aware of a specific 'right to charity' but can charities discriminate based on the protected classes of people?