Modern spiritualized swill

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
I definitely agree that some of Christian music should have a higher purpose, but I don't know if I hold them to that standard all the time.

I think you make a great point. Christian music shouldn't just be somber serious music. Goofy songs are great. Songs that don't make sense can be great, I just think that when the majority of the music is a big ole goofy cliche, it no longer becomes worth listening to.

And I'm with you, I like that they have songs with that sort of message. But again, how many songs can you get with meanings like that? :idunno:

Not every song needs to be like that, but with all the stuff happening every day, you'd think that a band could come up with some relevant music.

Would you say that the majority of their songs have deeper meanings? Admittedly, I'm not terribly familiar with those bands' collections, but my general impression of what I do know is not one of deep meaning.

Probably not all three bands, but even if I disagree with the religion or philosophy of the bands, I can almost respect one of them more than a Christian band. It seems like they have at least put thought into their lives, and have a well defined, if flawed, worldviews.

They might be total scum, I don't know anything about them except through their music.

By the way, I'm not trying to say that X bands are terrible and Z bands are great, because then it would be more about my preference.

Wamba

`
LIFETIME MEMBER
I feel like one of those losers who thinks his opinion should be heard and starts a blog or something. Gross. :chuckle:

P8ntrDan

Mainstream Christian music is all the same. My folks have a thing for leaving the local Christian station on low at home all the time, which didn't bother me much as 'elevator music' is really all the station's good for.

And then one day it happened.

I was enjoying a rather scrumptious triple-decker pb&j when my non-intrusive elevator music suddenly became Owl City, the bane of my existence. Their nonsensical music refused to be banned from my Pandora stations, and every time I hear their catchy lyrics I can feel myself becoming dumber. A travesty I tell you!

In regard to good music, however, I feel that the only way you can find Christian quality is by avoiding anything that is or becomes mainstream. Imho, the best CD of '09 was Oh, Sleeper's Son of the Morning, in which they turn the final battle between God and Satan into a series of amazing tracks. However, if you're looking for something a bit softer, As Cities Burn also produced a rather classy (albeit not as good as their previous) cd, Hell or High Water. I would highly recommend both bands to anyone looking for original sounding Christian music.

DXPose

BANNED
Banned
So true! :chuckle:

Denver is notorious for having the absolute worst radio selections possible. From the low end of the dial with corpse-like classical to throw-up on the mic mixture of digitized disaster tunes camouflaged as dance songs. I mean, how does this garbage pass for music? And don't even get me started on Gay-Love Christian station...:vomit: