Muslims On Food Stamps Demand Halal Food Be Provided

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Be honest. You don't want to pay taxes, period. You would rather let people starve than blow the dust off ¿YOUR? hard earned cash. The word greed immediately comes to mind. But what would I know? I've only been feeding and providing necessities for more poor neighbors and strangers (over and above those eating from my taxes) than I can recall since my youth, and I'm 61 and retired now still doing so. Yet I never resented one cent of it even if it pinched my budget. My grandfather (a preacher) died during the Depression after missing many meals, yet I was told that nobody was ever turned away from his door in search of a meal. They frequently fed others while he did without. But your god has become a golden calf.

Sorry, but I have tired of listening to you egocentric whiners.

Who are you to assume what she does with her money and who she should shell it out to? Good for you that you do as you please with yours. She has the same right which should not include you telling her what she should do with it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I read the comments following the OP article at the link.

Wow.

Here's one:
Sambonies aren’t nothing but a bunch of [redacted] FREE LOADERS!! Give those worthless [redacted] the Pig Slop they don’t deserve! Put them on a cardboard boat, a 55 gallon barrel of pigs blood and send those MOTHER [redacted] BACK TO THE SEWERS THEY CAME FROM! They should have no rights to the free FOOD STAMPES and WELFARE at our expense! Make them earn their living! Make them moving targets or pick veggies or cotton or mow grass with a pair of dull scissors! Put their sorry stupid lazy [redacted] to work!!

Morpheus

Who are you to assume what she does with her money and who she should shell it out to? Good for you that you do as you please with yours. She has the same right which should not include you telling her what she should do with it.

You ask who I am to tell her. Easy answer...a follower of Christ who doesn't assume for one minute that the funds and property He has put me in charge of somehow belongs to me and not Him. Resenting the poor because they might need me to take some of Christ's money out of my pocket to care for them instead of keeping it for myself is not only greed, but theft. We are not always the final arbiter of how the poor will be cared for. If his children refuse to fulfill the duty he has given us, then it is actually admirable that the government steps in, and it is to our shame that it has come to that. And yes, it is my responsibility to point out that failing when others who bear Christ's name call greed and shaming the poor "good". Our economic system has set up the golden calf for worship, but I don't have stone tablets to break when God's people bow down before it. The best I can do is speak out.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
You ask who I am to tell her. Easy answer...a follower of Christ who doesn't assume for one minute that the funds and property He has put me in charge of somehow belongs to me and not Him. Resenting the poor because they might need me to take some of Christ's money out of my pocket to care for them instead of keeping it for myself is not only greed, but theft. We are not always the final arbiter of how the poor will be cared for. If his children refuse to fulfill the duty he has given us, then it is actually admirable that the government steps in, and it is to our shame that it has come to that. And yes, it is my responsibility to point out that failing when others who bear Christ's name call greed and shaming the poor "good". Our economic system has set up the golden calf for worship, but I don't have stone tablets to break when God's people bow down before it. The best I can do is speak out.

Funny i didn't see that happen here - you read much into it, and how do you know she doesn't help the poor? Do you get to define which poor she helps and how?

Do you know her personally and what she does when she isnt here?

Seems you are judging her personally on a matter you know nothing about, you know like Judas judged Christ for not selling the expensive perfume and giving the money to the poor...

Morpheus

A group of Somali women who all receive food stamps are demanding that food be provided that meets Islamic requirements, something that their county of Hennepin has so far refused to do.

Minnesota has the largest Somali population in North America and because they are refugees they receive a lifetime of welfare…free medical, education, housing, food utilities, money, etc etc.

See the link for the rest of the article.

http://www.freepatriotpost.com/muslims-on-food-stamps-demand-halal-food-be-provided/#

If they really want halal why not get a job?
picture.php
http://www.theologyonline.com//www.pinterest.com/pin/create/extension/

They need to get off their lazy behinds and work if they want Halal. As a taxpayer I don't want to have to pay for it.

Funny i didn't see that happen here - you read much into it, and how do you know she doesn't help the poor? Do you get to define which poor she helps and how?

Do you know her personally and what she does when she isnt here?

Seems you are judging her personally on a matter you know nothing about, you know like Judas judged Christ for not selling the expensive perfume and giving the money to the poor...
I didn't have to read anything into it; all I had to do was read. Using prejudice to determine who "deserves" help is far from being loving and generous. I guess that someone can't pat themselves on the back when the government has to take the money from their pocket to feed the poor. I never considered giving to those in need an act of generosity; it's simply obedience. If the money, or food, or clothes, or rent isn't mine to start with then it isn't generosity.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I didn't have to read anything into it; all I had to do was read. Using prejudice to determine who "deserves" help is far from being loving and generous. I guess that someone can't pat themselves on the back when the government has to take the money from their pocket to feed the poor. I never considered giving to those in need an act of generosity; it's simply obedience. If the money, or food, or clothes, or rent isn't mine to start with then it isn't generosity.

Why is it someone elses responsibility to feed them what they demand instead of just feed them? They can buy products that comply with halal simply by buying non pork items and then having their imam bless them.

What they are doing is looking a gift horse in the mouth. If they do not consider what they have been blessed with good enough, then yes i agree they need to get off their behinds and do something about it themselves.

You missed the whole issue in your zeal to attack her.

Ask Mr. Religion

☞☞☞☞Presbyterian (PCA) &#9
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Appeal to such as Halal is wanting the cake and to eat it, too as it ignores what the rest of their dogma requires:

Muhammad’s Sunna, 4:24, 4:92, 8:69, 24:33, 33:21, 33:50, and these verses of the Qur’an, e.g., 4:74, 4:91, 8:12, 9:5, 9:29, 33:35-36, 59:2.

AMR

zoo22

How beef is killed for Halal is also pretty hideous. It is illegal to slaughter meat that way in most countries. Not even kosher beef is slaughtered that way.

Kosher and Halal slaughter is basically the same. The animals must be conscious and bled to death.

Morpheus

Why is it someone elses responsibility to feed them what they demand instead of just feed them? They can buy products that comply with halal simply by buying non pork items and then having their imam bless them.

What they are doing is looking a gift horse in the mouth. If they do not consider what they have been blessed with good enough, then yes i agree they need to get off their behinds and do something about it themselves.

You missed the whole issue in your zeal to attack her.

I missed nothing. The resentment was obvious. Attacking refugees on food stamps by calling them lazy is not an argument about procedure.

That being said, they can no more simply take just any food from the butcher shop to their imam for blessing than a Jew can take just any meat to a priest. That is why they have kosher foods. Kosher foods are processed in a kosher meat processing plant or kosher bakery to assure that everything is done properly with nothing improper added or used, then the food is blessed by a priest, in bulk, before it is packaged. The same goes for halal. I have done work in a Hebrew National plant. There were times where gentiles had to go to a separate part of the plant when the priest came through for the blessing, and any equipment we handled had to be ceremonially cleaned and blessed before they could use it.

So how would anyone here like it if someone required them to eat food that someone urinated on? To them non-halal would be similarly unclean.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I missed nothing. The resentment was obvious. Attacking refugees on food stamps by calling them lazy is not an argument about procedure.

That being said, they can no more simply take just any food from the butcher shop to their imam for blessing than a Jew can take just any meat to a priest. That is why they have kosher foods. Kosher foods are processed in a kosher meat processing plant or kosher bakery to assure that everything is done properly with nothing improper added or used, then the food is blessed by a priest, in bulk, before it is packaged. The same goes for halal. I have done work in a Hebrew National plant. There were times where gentiles had to go to a separate part of the plant when the priest came through for the blessing, and any equipment we handled had to be ceremonially cleaned and blessed before they could use it.

So how would anyone here like it if someone required them to eat food that someone urinated on? To them non-halal would be similarly unclean.

Please explain why you believe that God would be happy with you providing the means to another to worship another God (since you have claimed your reasoning for attacking her, has to do with your Christianity)

Morpheus

Kosher and Halal slaughter is basically the same. The animals must be conscious and bled to death.

Actually when done properly it is quite humane and virtually painless. Anyone who has spent any time around a cattle feedlot, a hog farm or an egg farm knows what animal cruelty is. It's daily practice.

Christian Liberty

They need to get off their lazy behinds and work if they want Halal. As a taxpayer I don't want to have to pay for it.

How beef is killed for Halal is also pretty hideous. It is illegal to slaughter meat that way in most countries. Not even kosher beef is slaughtered that way.

Well then if they insist, since thats not legal in the US to do it that way, they will need to decide if they like their free ride enough to get over it and not eat meat, or if they wish to be deported to a muslim country that does it that way.

Inhumane. They herd the animal into a box that cuts it throat. They dangle it by its hind feet while it bleeds to death. This all happens while the animal is still conscious. Pretty hideous. I have watched a film of how Muslims slaughter beef.

I agree with the "no welfare" bit, but I value freedom of religious conscience more than I value the "rights" of animals.