Naturalism lets god in the back door

Interplanner

Modern naturalism since the Huxley war on religion began is to view the world as a closed system of natural causes and effects. Let's see how this is working out.

I would appreciate all of you weighing in on evolution generally in light of this theory about the moon since it is predominant.

Perhaps if I take one example, you'll see our modern worldview dilemma. There is a theory out there that the earth and moon gained their final form through a collision. A massive object chopped them in half, set them in position and orbit to each other. It's residue is found in the pocking and smattering of the face of the moon. I have never seen a collision that came out so organized, but there it is (the theory). Never mind how drastically this changes absolutely everything that is going on, on earth! Every system changes. (Just look at what is said about the meteor striking the Gulf of Mexico area; it is credited with ending dinosaur life, etc. So imagine splitting the earth. You can pretty much ignore everything the evolutionists say because the "lab table" just got sawed in half and burned.)

But here is the real kicker in terms of worldview. Guess what scientists are calling this theory? "Theia." That is an innovation that puts a feminine gender on the Greek Theos, god. They are so desperate to sneak the god factor in, they have gone with this name.

Interplanner

I did get a response about this at another thread. It basically said that "Theia" was Greek for moon goddess, but the person believes in a closed system, is a naturalist, not theist, and said it had nothing to do with god. If he meant the event, that's kind of OK, but I was referring to the naming of the event when I said it was a back door. Instead of blasting the earth to dust, the collision produces something the earth needs for tides, seasons, calendar even. I don't see how that is sensibly written off as chance outcome. The results seem intentional enough, even to those scientists naming it, that God needed to be somewhere in the picture, the story.

That's the back door, because a closed system of natural causes and effects is unacceptable.