Obama to allow men masquerading as women to serve in the military

jeffblue101

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-offic...transgender-timeline-075734316--politics.html
The Pentagon announced Thursday that transgender people will be allowed to serve openly in the U.S. military, ending one of the last bans on service in the armed forces.

Saying it's the right thing to do, Defense Secretary Ash Carter laid out a yearlong implementation plan declaring that "Americans who want to serve and can meet our standards should be afforded the opportunity to compete to do so."

Speaking at a Pentagon press conference, Carter said, "Our mission is to defend this country, and we don't want barriers unrelated to a person's qualification to serve preventing us from recruiting or retaining the soldier, sailor, airman, or Marine who can best accomplish the mission."

Under the new policy, by Oct. 1, transgender troops should be able to receive medical care and begin formally changing their gender identifications in the Pentagon's personnel system.

And a year from now, he said, the military services will begin allowing transgender individuals to enlist, as long as they meet the required standards and have been stable in their identified gender for 18 months.

:vomit:

Feral Phoenician

I'm not normally one for "conspiracy theories", at least not to the level of some of my friends. However, there has been an interesting chain of events involving military policy.

All roles open to women (including 11x and 03x, which are Army and Marine infantry). Women soon have to register for the Selective Service (Draft). Now the Transgendered/Transexual population. Couple this with the now permanent battalions stationed in the Baltic Region, largest war games since the Cold War taking place in Poland, and Russia doing a little bit more than "rattling sabers".

Either the US Military, in an unprecedented move, has become societally progressive, or we're not being told an awful about the situation with Russia.

musterion

We can pray, I don't dispute that. It's when people "stand on" 2 Chr 7:14 that's the problem (not saying you are, but many do).

theophilus

We can pray, I don't dispute that. It's when people "stand on" 2 Chr 7:14 that's the problem (not saying you are, but many do).

I think that verse is a promise made to those "of faith." I also think it's theirs, however, only theirs alone when their nation is under judgement (which I believe America is).

All of God's promises are made to those who believe; unbelievers have no need and no use for His promises...they are foolishness to them.

musterion

I think that verse is a promise made to those "of faith." I also think it's theirs, however, only theirs alone when their nation is under judgement (which I believe America is).

All of God's promises are made to those who believe; unbelievers have no need and no use for His promises...they are foolishness to them.

The promise says the LAND (which today is taken as the nation) will be healed. If it can apply to the U.S. today, it either means exactly that or it is a lie.

I believe it is not a lie, but I also believe it simply does not apply to anyone except Israel, and even then it does not apply today because God, for now, is dealing with no nations as a nation. Not even Israel. So that's one of many Bible passages that, while true, cannot be applied willy-nilly apart from context.

So a few questions...

1. What is the point of believing the U.S. (or any nation) is specifically "under judgment" when Gentiles as a whole have been written off by God since Babel, and since every lost individual on earth are, for now, under grace?

2. If the promise does apply today, how would those praying for it know that God has answered it? What would His healing of this land look like?

3. What would "I will forgive their sins" mean for an entire nation, given that it's comprised mostly of unbelievers?

theophilus

A few points.

1. The promise says the LAND (which today is taken as the nation) will be healed. If it can apply to the U.S. today, it either means exactly that or it is a lie.

Our land I extend to any land where God's people are geographically located.

2. What is the point of believing the U.S. (or any nation) is "under judgment" when Gentiles have been written off by God since Babel, and since all individuals on earth are, for now, under grace?

Hmm...since Babel.

There are too many "gentile" nations that were judged after Babel to make that claim, i.e. Babylon, Persia, Rome, etc... All individuals on earth may be under "common" grace but only believers are kept in "saving" grace.

Either your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life or it isn't. Not everyone's is.

3. I believe it does not apply to anyone except Israel, and even then it does not apply today because God, for now, is dealing with no nations as a nation. Not even Israel. So that's one of many Bible passages that, while true, cannot be applied willy-nilly apart from context.

Any passage that calls for, compels and commends prayer whether in the OT or NT is applicable to all who believe don't you think?

4. Referring back to point #1 above: If the promise does apply today, how would those praying for it know that God has answered it? What would His healing of this land look like?

At this point in the history of this planet I'm going to say "a new heaven and a new earth" and that because, as long as us and creation are under the curse of sin, there cannot be a land like Eden (a Divine Theocracy) unless "all things are made new."

So I am here: "Oh Lord haste the day when my faith is made sight and the clouds be rolled back like a scroll. The trump shall resound and the Lord will descend. Praise the Lord it is well with my soul."

Which leaves me praying for His return and praying for my brothers and sisters in bonds.

musterion

Our land I extend to any land where God's people are geographically located.

Christians are never the sole occupants of any land, however, as the Jews arguably were (at times).

Hmm...since Babel.

There are too many "gentile" nations that were judged after Babel to make that claim, i.e. Babylon, Persia, Rome, etc... All individuals on earth may be under "common" grace but only believers are kept in "saving" grace.

Let me clarify what I meant. Such were used and judged, just as Egypt was, in His purposes in bringing forth Israel, through which He brought forth Christ. But today all are as they were at Babel -- no nation is able to claim any precedence or place in line before any other. All have been set aside in unbelief, even Israel.

Either your name is written in the Lamb's Book of Life or it isn't. Not everyone's is.

But nations do not get written into the Book. Only individuals from among all nations.

Any passage that calls for, compels and commends prayer whether in the OT or NT is applicable to all who believe don't you think?

As examples for our learning? Yes. As ironclad promises we can claim for ourselves when conditional promises were attached, as with 2 Chr 7:14? No.

At this point in the history of this planet I'm going to say "a new heaven and a new earth" and that because, as long as us and creation are under the curse of sin, there cannot be a land like Eden (a Divine Theocracy) unless "all things are made new."

God's going to do that anyway; it's already predicted. It's going to come to pass whether or not you pray 7:14.

So again, what's the point of praying 7:14 when no one who does so can tell us what the fulfillment of it would look like in any nation today? Serious question: what do you expect to happen if/when God answers you on it?

So I am here: "Oh Lord haste the day when my faith is made sight and the clouds be rolled back like a scroll. The trump shall resound and the Lord will descend. Praise the Lord it is well with my soul."

As with the above, that's already foretold (guaranteed) to happen. 7:14 doesn't apply there.

Which leaves me praying for His return and praying for my brothers and sisters in bonds.

That's good but it too has nothing to do with claiming 7:14.

theophilus

Back to your post #11: I don't "stand" on this and I don't claim it.

:idunno:

Put that to someone who does.

It does hold the promise of forgiveness and healing (to me). For Israel at the time and for me (near/far effect).

Just like Num. 6:24-26. I use that as a blessing and an encouragement. That was for Israel (near effect) then but I can use it for others in this present age (far effect).

Make sense?

musterion

Back to your post #11: I don't "stand" on this and I don't claim it.

:idunno:

Put that to someone who does.

Hm..."stand on" simply means to claim in faith. I took it that's what you're doing. Sorry if I was mistaken.
It does hold the promise of forgiveness and healing (to me). For Israel at the time and for me (near/far effect).

But if you've believed the Gospel of the grace of God, you're already unconditionally forgiven all trespasses (Col 2:13) and justified from all things (Acts 13:39). So what would a member of Christ need a conditional if/then promise like 7:14 for?

Just like Num. 6:24-26. I use that as a blessing and an encouragement. That was for Israel (near effect) then but I can use it for others in this present age (far effect).

Make sense?

I know exactly what you're saying, but it amounts to you praying for that (according to the context of the passages) which you'd already have in Christ, if indeed you are His. Make sense?

On top of that, this now is setting aside the national context of the promise as well.

theophilus

Hm..."stand on" simply means to claim in faith. I took it that's what you're doing. Sorry if I was mistaken.

Mea culpa - "by faith" is correct.

But if you've believed the Gospel of the grace of God, you're already unconditionally forgiven all trespasses (Col 2:13) and justified from all things (Acts 13:39). So what would a member of Christ need a conditional if/then promise like 7:14 for?

They wouldn't but it's still a good and timely admonition for those who are not "in Christ." Re: 2 Sam. 6:11 Thus the ark of the Lord remained in the house of Obed-edom the Gittite three months, and the Lord blessed Obed-edom and all his household.

They were blessed by the presence of the Ark. In like manner I believe the presence of believers (as salt and light) are a blessing in ungodly places.

I know exactly what you're saying, but it amounts to you praying for that (according to the context of the passages) which you'd already have in Christ, if indeed you are His. Make sense?

All things truly are mine in Christ savifically, positionally, experimentally and experiencially but not literally. That won't happen until I die (one nanosecond after I die). That's why, while I am still in flesh, I still sin and fall short of God's glory. That's why we are told to "forget the things which are behind and press forward to the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." That is why I am told to be transformed by the renewing of my mind (through the word and prayer), that's why I am told old things ARE passing away, behold, all things ARE becoming new. That's why I am told to "put on the Lord Jesus Christ." If these things were already done, why am I still here? Still bumping around this planet with aches and pains, fightings and fears, trials and affliction, with all of creation I eagerly wait for the sons of God to be revealed.

Make sense?

On top of that, this now is setting aside the national context of the promise as well.

This nation is still blessed by God's people in it.

:)