Peace

Bradley D

"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7).

Who has this "peace" and how did you acquire it.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
As far as I'm concerned, it started when I converted to Catholicism, the peace is in receiving Christ in the Eucharist weekly. Some people come to Mass every day just receive His peace in this way.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
As far as I'm concerned, it started when I converted to Catholicism,

So the peace comes from Catholicism?

the peace is in receiving Christ in the Eucharist weekly.

Your peace comes from a ritual?

Some people come to Mass every day just receive His peace in this way.

Shouldn't your peace come from Christ Himself due to placing one's trust in Him?

Eric h

In times when we know we should feel fear, worry and anxiety, but we feel the the peace that surpasses all understanding instead.

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later.

Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace that is beyond my understanding, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.

Right Divider

Body part
"And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus" (Phil. 4:7).

A sentence that starts with AND does not stand alone. Read what comes BEFORE the AND to understand it.
Php 4:4-7 KJV Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice. (5) Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand. (6) Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. (7) And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Shouldn't your peace come from Christ Himself due to placing one's trust in Him?
Yes!
Col 2:6-10 KJV As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him: (7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. (8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. (9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily. (10) And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
Verse 8 fairly well describes RC philosophy.

Idolater

So the peace comes from Catholicism?

Your peace comes from a ritual?

It does. That's what I said. I noticed you didn't reply to the OP, while I did.

Idolater

Yes!

Verse 8 fairly well describes RC philosophy.
Verse 8: "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist isn't philosophy or vain deceit, nor is it after the tradition of men or after the rudiment of the world. It is after the tradition of God; after the tradition of the Apostles, and after the tradition of Christ Himself, Who instituted the celebration of the Eucharist at the Last Supper.

It's right in the Bible.

Right Divider

Body part
Verse 8: "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ."

The Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist isn't philosophy or vain deceit, nor is it after the tradition of men or after the rudiment of the world.
Yes, it is. Christ never told any human to eat human flesh.
Joh 6:63 KJV It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.
It is after the tradition of God; after the tradition of the Apostles, and after the tradition of Christ Himself, Who instituted the celebration of the Eucharist at the Last Supper.
So many people love to try to FORCE things that "Christ Himself" said to mean something completely different.
It's right in the Bible.
Indeed it is. You and your RCC just pervert its meaning.

Bradley D

In times when we know we should feel fear, worry and anxiety, but we feel the the peace that surpasses all understanding instead.

In 2011 I had tests done for cancer, about a month later the doctor phoned and said he urgently wanted to see me, it was non – Hodgkin Lymphoma. This was a name I recognised, our friend had this cancer, and died a few months later.

Being told I had cancer was out of my hands, there was nothing I could do about it. But I still had choices; I could dictate how the cancer was going to affect my mind and my ability to cope with the news.

A few minutes after putting the phone down; I prayed for the wisdom, strength and peace to do God’s will, whether the cancer was a death sentence, or just an inconvenience. I can only say that from the moment of making this prayer, I have experienced a profound sense of peace that is beyond my understanding, and the thought of cancer has never troubled me for a moment.

Cancer could be a truly worrying process, you wait a month or two for appointments, you wait for the results, and you wait for more appointments. I have never once prayed for healing, at the age of 62, the prayer for healing seemed too complicated, it might or might not be my time to go. Recognising this profound sense of peace comes from God, gives me reason to be thankful.
Thank-you for your share. Prayers!

Idolater

Yes, it is. Christ never told any human to eat human flesh.

So many people love to try to FORCE things that "Christ Himself" said to mean something completely different.

Indeed it is. You and your RCC just pervert its meaning.
"John 6:63" doesn't negate everything that leads up to that verse in the second part of that chapter. Christ was dealing with people like you, who said basically, in response to Him saying to eat His flesh and to drink His blood, "Really?" to which He said, "Yes, really." They wondered if He was being metaphorical or symbolic, and He basically said, "Nope." Your reading has Him saying, because of your interpretation of verse 63, "No, I really was being metaphorical and symbolic, in spite of everything I just said to you."

Right Divider

Body part
"John 6:63" doesn't negate everything that leads up to that verse in the second part of that chapter.
It doesn't negate it... it explains it.
Christ was dealing with people like you, who said basically, in response to Him saying to eat His flesh and to drink His blood, "Really?" to which He said, "Yes, really."
You are lost in your vain religion.
They wondered if He was being metaphorical or symbolic, and He basically said, "Nope." Your reading has Him saying, because of your interpretation of verse 63, "No, I really was being metaphorical and symbolic, in spite of everything I just said to you."
Christ did not tell anyone to become a cannibal.

That you cannot understand the SYMBOLS that Christ gave is your own personal problem.
Mat 26:26-29 KJV And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body. (27) And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it; (28) For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. (29) But I say unto you, I will not drink henceforth of this fruit of the vine, until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father's kingdom.
AFTER telling them to "drink His blood", Jesus made it clear that is was ACTUALLY still just WINE.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
It does. That's what I said. I noticed you didn't reply to the OP, while I did.

I noticed you didn't give specific answers to all three of my questions in my post, but instead gave a vague "It does" and "That's what I said".

"What" does [what]?
What is "what" you said?
Which of my three questions were you answering, and which one did you not answer?

As for the OP's question, see my THIRD question to you, which contains the Biblical answer.

Idolater

It doesn't negate it... it explains it.

You are lost in your vain religion.

Christ did not tell anyone to become a cannibal.

That you cannot understand the SYMBOLS that Christ gave is your own personal problem.

AFTER telling them to "drink His blood", Jesus made it clear that is was ACTUALLY still just WINE.
Sigh. The Samaritans were people who believed in the same God that the Jews did. But they didn't worship God the right way, literally Jesus told the woman at the well this. You all Noncatholics and Nonorthodox are like the Samaritans were. They were basically Gentiles to the Jews, and to Jesus too. He came only to the lost sheep of the House of Israel, which meant to Jews of Judah, not to Gentiles, like the Samaritans, even though the Samaritans believed in and worshiped the same God as the Jews. They were Gentiles, because they didn't worship God the right way, like all the other Gentiles, who didn't even believe in the same God as the Jews and the Samaritans. No Gentiles worshiped God correctly, unless they converted to the Church. There's more than one 'church' in the Bible, don't forget.

Right Divider

Body part
Sigh. The Samaritans were people who believed in the same God that the Jews did. But they didn't worship God the right way, literally Jesus told the woman at the well this. You all Noncatholics and Nonorthodox are like the Samaritans were.
False accusations will get you nowhere.
No Gentiles worshiped God correctly, unless they converted to the Church.
You abuse the word "Church".
There's more than one 'church' in the Bible, don't forget.
No kidding.... I only mention that ALL THE TIME.

So, do you understand the SYMBOLS at all?