Post your best Endtimes - Last Days sermons Here

Nazaroo

I'm opening this thread with the following video:

I really liked his point that Jesus never asked for money in exchange for miracles/prayers.

I also liked the fact he focuses back on being saved from SIN, not from sickness,
or enemies, etc.

And his warning that the greatest danger for Christians in the Last Days is DECEPTION...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdmeOrKlWcs

There are a lot of great youtube and other videos out there.

Please only post what you consider the best ones, or your favourites.

Nazaroo

in spite of the fact that everyone has been programmed to hate Westboro Baptist Church,
nothing I've seen recently surpasses the master nailing it when it comes to
modern mockery, jest, irreverence, that certainly characterizes the modern apostate spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs

As far as I know, nobody has found any theological flaw in Phelps' sermon on Sodom.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
End times passages in the Bible belong to the apocalyptic genre. The examples of end-time theology come about when a historical situation seems dire or hopeless and the only remedy available is an appeal for God to intervene.

When John of Patmos wrote Revelation, the historical context was truly horrific.
The church was being actively persecuted by Rome (especially Nero who was depicted in the account as “the beast”) and thousands of believers and communities were being decimated. This was in the 60s and 70s. Both Paul and Peter were put to death during this time.

These writings are borne out of fear and despair. Nothing seems to be helpful except for a divine intervention by God in history.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
As far as I know, nobody has found any theological flaw in Phelps' sermon on Sodom.
I have come to believe that the “sin” of Sodom was the inhospitality to strangers. This moral accommodation was absolute in the Middle Eastern culture: welcome the immigrant and the stranger and share what you have with them.

The particular people in the text used phallic aggression to express their anger and fear against the traveler.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Everybody has their own beliefs as to what and how end-time prophecy will unfold.

What's next?

The third seal.

The first seal is "HOLY WAR" and the second seal is Iraq and the fall of Saddam Hussein. Some people say that the riders of the Four Horsemen aren't actual people but symbolic of something. Each seal has a rider with the personal pronouns of, "he or him" that identifies them, and I say we are able to identify these riders.

Christians today have been so influenced by the many high profile prophecy experts that they have a difficult time getting away from it. They adhere to what they've been taught and believe even when there's a mountain of evidence against it. They defend their beliefs tooth and nail, and often fabricate things to support them. The revived Roman empire theory is an example of that and it's quickly losing ground. Nobody sees the Pope and his followers as a threat of becoming a beast today, other than those who have been teaching it since the reformation.

These same people often promote a pre-trib rapture, a one world government and world dictator, a united one world religion, and a global mark of the beast to boot! NONE OF THIS WILL EVER COME TO PASS. Other than pre-trib, those teachings are what eventually resulted from the reformation and the unfavorable opinion Protestants have toward Catholics even today.

Jerusalem, especially East Jerusalem, and Rome, especially the Vatican, which is symbolic of Christianity in the world, are the main targets of ISIS. I say ISIS IS the third seal as well as the Leviathan of Isaiah and Job.

Syrian president ASSAD could launch his weapons knowing he's going down. But now that seems unlikely since Russia is in the mix. His weapons could also fall into the hands of ISIS, or he may not fall at all until the very end when Damascus becomes a ruinous heap. There are abut 20,000 foreign fighters from 90 different countries fighting to topple Assad. Damascus may have something to do with the fourth seal, which could be Syria falling into the hands of ISIS. Assad I THINK is the 'one that is'. In other words, he may never fall until the end.

The fourth seal could also have something to do with worldwide Islamic terrorism as well, and could be the beginning of tribulation or the "beginning of sorrows," mentioned by Jesus in Mathew 24.

How will the third seal be authenticated?

Revelation 6:5-6 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand. And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The word "measure" is only used twice in the NT right here in Revelation 6. A measure is...
a choenix, a dry measure, containing four cotylae or two setarii (less than our quart, one litre) (or as much as would support a man of moderate appetite for a day)

Probably the most important thing to understand about the four horsemen is to understand just what a SEAL really is.

A seal isn't something that opens slowly or over time. Neither can it be something or someone that existed prior to when it was prophesied as this would make any prophet a false prophet. Seals are designed for our benefit so that we as Christians can recognize the season of their passing and opening events of the last days.

"Seals are the "opening events" to a greater course of coming prophecy."

They're like a "slow rising curtain," as my friend Dennis would say. The Four Horsemen are 4 significant people, and four significant events and conditions that open fairly quickly, showing us the time we live in, is the time approaching the tribulation, the man of sin, and return of Christ.

The truth is. We should recognize these seals as they open and as they pass. They are "authenticated" and "no longer a secret when we see an event pass that resembles well what is written. You may know that I believe the first seal is HOLY WAR and the second seal is Saddam Hussein and the fall of Iraq. Keep in mind that the seals pass in pairs or in quick succession. So the third and fourth seal will pass one after another.

This is how the third seal will be authenticated.

Abu Bkr Al'Baghdadi is probably the rider of the black horse.

ISIS has taken a big financial hit since they lost some control of the oil fields and refineries. Right now, the Leviathan/ISIL pays its followers a good wage and fighters get a $1,500 bonus if they get a wife. They are known for having money in their pockets everywhere they go. Their salaries range from $300 to $2,000 a month. This will soon end, and fulfill the conditions depicted in the third seal.

In other words, what verifies the third seal in when ISIS fighters get no more salary other than their daily ration of food as their wage. Right now, they have somewhat of an aggressive pay scale. This condition verifies its fulfillment. As far as the third seal goes, Islamic prophecy says in the end, two will rise, one bearing a black and the other white flag. (The white flag may be the king of the south or Islamic Caliphate that will form in and around the Arabian Peninsula and Northern Africa).

ISIS bears a black flag and has taken control of large cities with millions of people as well as large areas of land. The word 'BALANCES' resembles quite well what ISIS is all about.

Think about ISIS for a moment and look...

The color black is symbolic of being "dirty or bad."

Black also symbolizes mourning, physical and spiritual famine, evil, the opposite of good, and everything that opposes God. Does this resemble what we see in ISIS and radical ISLAM?

In Vine's expository dictionary, balances is the Greek word, '' zugos.'' This is what he say's and seriously consider the methods and goals of ISIL and radical Islam. Emphasis is mine...

(1)
"A yoke, also has the meaning of a pair of scales. Serving to couple two things together, is used (metaphorically,
(a) of submission to authority, Matt.11 ; 29, 30, (b) of bondage Acts 15 :10 and Gal.5 ; 1 (c) of bondservice to masters,
1 Timothy 6 : 1 and (2) to denote a balance. Rev 6: 5."

ISIS keeps saying they are going to Jerusalem and Rome next. Rome is considered symbolic of Christianity on earth. The Islamic State, as well as most Arabs and Muslims want to exterminate Israel and Christianity from the planet.

The third jihad is coming. It is the final round of the Crusades, and what will bring tribulation and the return of Jesus Christ, and fulfilment of nearly all end-time prophecies.

"See thou hurt not the oil and the wine"...

As opposed to the second seal of Saddam who blew up oil wells, ISIS hasn't blown up any oil wells. They've taken control of oil fields and refineries and sell the oil on the "black" market. That's mostly how they've been paying their salaries.

The word 'hurt,' means "to damage or be criminal and to violate the laws in some way." Another good resemblance to Islam.

Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words says about 'wine'...

"The word is used metaphorically
(a) of the evils ministered to the nations by religious Babylon, Rev 14:8; 17:2; 18:3;
(b) of the contents of the cup of Divine wrath upon the nations and Babylon, Rev 14:10; 16:19; 19:15."

In other words...

"Don't blow up the oil wells and remain committed to jihad!"

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
in spite of the fact that everyone has been programmed to hate Westboro Baptist Church,
nothing I've seen recently surpasses the master nailing it when it comes to
modern mockery, jest, irreverence, that certainly characterizes the modern apostate spirit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e647x8xFKTs

He misses a lot. I think it's why he hammers on gays.

I see this in hyper Calvinists and Madists and in many believers.

Because of his lack of understanding he gives believers a bad name. I don't disagree with the anti gay sentiment but from his words I can see his limited biblical knowledge.

oatmeal

do Romans 10:9-10

then you are saved from the wrath to come.

Romans 5:9, II Thessalonians 1:10