RELIGION: A Diversion Away From Christ and His Gospel

Interplanner

Not exactly, since the Catholic Church also acknowledged the imputational aspect of initial justification along with its infusional aspect. Catholicism teaches that righteousness is both infused and imputed to the repentant believer. The error of the Protestants was in rejecting the infusional element of justification.

...or else that was exactly why they made the distinction: it is not infused. The ex Adventist minister who taught me about the Reformers said that the main error of the church down through the ages has been to confuse or mix justification with transformation. He referred to them as objective vs subjective salvation, or legal vs moral, as God's work in Christ for us vs God's work through the Spirit in us.

No one is served by confusing or mixing them.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not exactly, since the Catholic Church also acknowledged the imputational aspect of initial justification along with its infusional aspect. Catholicism teaches that righteousness is both infused and imputed to the repentant believer. The error of the Protestants was in rejecting the infusional element of justification.

...or else that was exactly why they made the distinction: it is not infused. The ex Adventist minister who taught me about the Reformers said that the main error of the church down through the ages has been to confuse or mix justification with transformation. He referred to them as objective vs subjective salvation, or legal vs moral, as God's work in Christ for us vs God's work through the Spirit in us.

No one is served by confusing or mixing them.

Right.

JUSTIFICATION: God's work for us by Jesus Christ. The Gospel.

SANCTIFICATION: God's work in us by the Holy Spirit. The Christian life.

Jesus Christ is the savior, not the Holy Spirit.

To confuse or to mix the two is heresy.

Cruciform

JUSTIFICATION: God's work for us by Jesus Christ. The Gospel. SANCTIFICATION: God's work in us by the Holy Spirit. The Christian life. Jesus Christ is the savior, not the Holy Spirit. To confuse or to mix the two is heresy.
Already answered (Post #17).

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
The divine and the sacred are always mediated through humankind. Thus, what we apprehend as "God" is not really God. God is the particular sense of the universe that is filtered through our senses.

This is why careful readers of the Bible will notice the diversity of theologies and traditions contained within the text.

Traditional Christians usually feel threatened and alarmed at the discrepancies and contradictions. This is normal. But to many other believers, such notions give them a richness and passion not afforded to the mainstream Christians.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
You are in serious trouble.

The reason that you don't quote scripture is because there is no scripture to verify what you are saying is true.
Sometimes I get tired of quoting scripture to dogmatic believers.

Why?

Because no matter what I post, the actual verses that underlie my thinking and beliefs FAIL TO EVEN REGISTER with you!.

I get virtually no even-handed and honest criticism.

It's all name-calling and judgement.

Decidedly UN-CHRISTIAN...

Robert Pate

Banned
The divine and the sacred are always mediated through humankind. Thus, what we apprehend as "God" is not really God. God is the particular sense of the universe that is filtered through our senses.

This is why careful readers of the Bible will notice the diversity of theologies and traditions contained within the text.

Traditional Christians usually feel threatened and alarmed at the discrepancies and contradictions. This is normal. But to many other believers, such notions give them a richness and passion not afforded to the mainstream Christians.

There is only one Gospel and you don't have a clue as to what it is, Galatians 1:6, 7, 8, 9.