Theology Club: Roman 4:16

Desert Reign

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I am using the passage to which I referred to argue for the position of A9d that there were, at the time, two different groups with two different messages on the same foundation. There were those who were of the law and those who were of faith alone.
Paul was not speaking against Judaizers in said passage. He did that in other passages.

Thanks for being clear about that. As I said, I was sure you also had an explanation for it. So we both have an explanation and we are both happy, especially me, because I am going on holiday tomorrow.
Keep well.

Danoh

I am using the passage to which I referred to argue for the position of A9d that there were, at the time, two different groups with two different messages on the same foundation. There were those who were of the law and those who were of faith alone.
Paul was not speaking against Judaizers in said passage. He did that in other passages.

Exactly.

Danoh

Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth...

Rightly Dividing the Word of Truth...

Thanks for being clear about that. As I said, I was sure you also had an explanation for it. So we both have an explanation and we are both happy, especially me, because I am going on holiday tomorrow.
Keep well.

Lol, I love a smart aleck - even when they are wrong, lol

Yeah, I know the post is old, but...

The guy made the error of concluding this is about how each approaches and or sees a thing.

Often, they do so from a theological system that then dictates how they reason through the passages...

And while Acts 9d does the same, at the same time, Mid-Acts Theology, when it is consistent, is ever made to take a backseat to a constant reexamination of, who, what, when, where, why, how each time out.

Because, as this thread shows - the issues back in Paul's day were many, and involve ever having to sort for both, commonalities, and distinctions, between things.

Case in, point, the more solid Mid-Acts posters on this thread - their words can be observed following this rule.

All others, especially those of an opposing view, are observed basically apply the same old one size fits all that is the basic reasoning of their Theological system.