Studying Torah

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Do you study Torah?

What do you do to study Torah?

What have you learned from study of the Torah, or in studying the Torah?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yup.

I bounce back and forth from reading sequentially to chasing words and phrases.

That one might be just a leeeeetle over broad ... that is, unless you didn't learn much.
Any learning of Torah is to be rejoiced in.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yup. But, for some of us that doesn't make for a succinct answer.
You are free to share as much as you like.

Short answers can be as equally as valuable as long answers.

Longer answers sometimes have more content.

Glad to have you on this thread.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I did. I learned, in hindsight, how best to judge everybody on every little thing. It was quite a trip.

And I didn't learn about forgiveness from studying Torah.
Do you study Torah?

What do you do to study Torah?

What have you learned from study of the Torah, or in studying the Torah?

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I did. I learned, in hindsight, how best to judge everybody on every little thing. It was quite a trip.

Then you missed out on what the Torah teaches.

The great things of Torah have escaped you.

The Torah is not about judging other people. For some reason you cannot see this.

Idolater

I don't think I missed out on what the Torah teaches.

I don't think the great things have escaped me.

The Torah is about judging other people.
Then you missed out on what the Torah teaches.

The great things of Torah have escaped you.

The Torah is not about judging other people. For some reason you cannot see this.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
I don't think I missed out on what the Torah teaches.

I don't think the great things have escaped me.

Do you know that the whole Torah exists only to establish peace?

If you see that the Law points out sin, you are correct. But Torah teaches us much more than where man has gone wrong. It also teaches us about the history of God's people, and the blessing that is associated with doing that which is right in God's eyes.

If you are doing what is right it means you are not doing what is wrong.

No one is perfect. But Torah teaches us about the things that really matter to God. Love of God and love of your neighbor. Justice, mercy, faithfulness. There is so much more in the commands of God than what has yet become apparent to you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

If you see that the Law points out sin, you are correct. But Torah teaches us much more than where man has gone wrong. It also teaches us about the history of God's people, and the blessing that is associated with doing that which is right in God's eyes.

No one is perfect. But Torah teaches us about the things that really matter to God. Love of God and love of your neighbor. Justice, mercy, faithfulness. There is so much more in the commands of God than what has yet become apparent to you.

Yes, culminating in Jesus Christ who is above all -

Ephesians 1:17 KJV - Ephesians 1:18 KJV - Ephesians 1:19 KJV -

Ephesians 1:20 KJV - Ephesians 1:21 KJV - Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV -

Colossians 1:14-15 KJV - Colossians 1:16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV -

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Yes, culminating in Jesus Christ who is above all -

Ephesians 1:17 KJV - Ephesians 1:18 KJV - Ephesians 1:19 KJV -

Ephesians 1:20 KJV - Ephesians 1:21 KJV - Ephesians 1:22-23 KJV -

Colossians 1:14-15 KJV - Colossians 1:16 KJV - Colossians 1:17-18 KJV

Colossians 1:19-20 KJV - Colossians 1:21-22 KJV -
I am glad you see value in the Torah.

Idolater

You are dead on the inside. Thank Torah. Christ is life. Eat his flesh and drink his blood. Leviticus 17:11,12,13 Leviticus 17:14 John 6:53

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are dead on the inside. Thank Torah. Christ is life. Eat his flesh and drink his blood. Leviticus 17:11,12,13 Leviticus 17:14 John 6:53
A person can be dead on the inside and not realize it. I don't know what you are saying. Torah might reveal that. But it is not the fault of that.

daqq

IF you interpret Torah through the Testimony of Yeshua then Torah will teach you to judge yourself and the "members" of your own household, (it is all given in allegorical language). For instance if the wife of your bosom, that is, your inner wife, or your friend who is like unto your own soul, entice you secretly, like a dreamer of dreams, to go and serve other gods; then you shall cut them off from your midst and stone them with stones that they die, (Deuteronomy 13:6-11). This is not a physical person such as a wife or a physical human being who might be your friend in the natural world, but rather these are unseen entities, (in the Gospel accounts called demons or devils). You are to show such creatures and their doctines no mercy because they will cause you to become separated from your heavenly Father. If your right hand offends you, cut her off, and cast her from you! Chop! Chop! :chuckle:

It is all about judging ourselves and our own "members" of our own households; for every man is a house, and the enemies of a man shall be those of his own household in the doctrine of Messiah, (Matthew 10:35-36 quoting Micah 7:5-6). Therefore MORTIFY your members which are upon your own earth, (for every man is likewise the Land and the eyes of YHWH are always upon His Land, and when we enter into Yeshua faithfulness we are no longer our own). And, as Paul says again elsewhere, "MORTIFY the deeds of the body", (see Romans 8:13 KJV, Colossians 3:5 KJV for the two quotes above). One who does these things according to the Testimony of Yeshua is the one "uses the Law lawfully", (against himself or herself) as Paul mentions in 1 Timothy 1:8. :)

OP ~ Such things I learn from Torah in the Light of the Testimony of Yeshua. :)

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The Torah does use the word judge. But that is not all there is to it.

Leviticus 19:15, Deuteronomy 16:18, Matthew 7:1-2, Mark 4:24, Luke 6:37-38, John 7:24, Acts 10:42, Acts 17:31, Romans 2:1, 1 Corinthians 11:31, James 4:12, James 5:9.