The genesis of the Vaccine misinformation

Sherman

I identify as a Christian
Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
This is probably not going to be popular. While I am conservative - anti abortion and anti LGBT I don't share the views of many on here concerning vaccines and I will get into why. I have a deep abiding distrust of the information about the vaccines floating out there. I watched first hand the genesis of this information. Being on the inside track in an administrative position does have its perks.

Where did all the the mis-information about the Covid Vaccines come from? The sources are multiple at this point.

We have our dirty dozen more popularly known as the Disinformation Dozen.

Joseph Mercola, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Ty and Charlene Bollinger, Sherri Tenpenny, Rizza Islam, Rashid Buttar, Erin Elizabeth, Sayer Ji, Kelly Brogan, Christiane Northrup, Ben Tapper, and Kevin Jenkins.

Rashid Butter made claims such as 5G cell phone networks and "chemtrails" causing COVID-19. He was also the one that spread the idea that vaccines cause autism. This batch accounts for 60 percent of the current misinformation. But where did it start?

The Covid Misinformation starts earlier than these quacks.

I was a member of the Trump Server - The Donald, the very one that got shut down because insurrectionists had attached themselves to it. I was mid level management and the ISP's of these people were not US. They had ISP out of Norway and Sweden, primarily. These countries host people hostile to the US. We had one user, that kept harping on death penalty for the mildest offenses including jay walking. Sounds like something an ISIS or Taliban person would say. His was also very misogynistic. He was also a proponent of alternatives to vaccines. These non-US users pushed back against the vaccines when Trump wanted the roll them out. Then came the election and Biden won. The server was flooded with anti vax material from these users. The server was shut down after the capitol riots.

I also help to manage Facebook groups and we get off topic antivax stuff all the time. The big mouths that spew much of this material are still in these hotspots that are not American. Facebook gave me a wonderful tool that tells me where the post in coming from because I am a group Admin, especially if it a spammy post. It is why I have a deep distrust of antivax arguments and alternative therapies.

In short, the vaccine conspiracy theories were birthed by mostly people that were not American. Most of them are not Christian and are hostile to Christians. I believe they want to see the American experiment fail. And it's working. This country is sharply divided over how to manage the pandemic. It should not be that way.

I am just sharing what I have seen being in that server. It was not pretty on the Donald. It was a sewer at times. I believe it attracted a lot of hostile people with evil intentions.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I was a member of the Trump Server - The Donald, the very one that got shut down because insurrectionists had attached themselves to it. I was mid level management and the ISP's of these people were not US. They had ISP out of Norway and Sweden, primarily. These countries host people hostile to the US...The server was flooded with anti vax material from these users. The server was shut down after the capitol riots.
The Russians and the Chinese know better than to host their disinformation agents directly from within their own countries, so they move them elsewhere so as not to appear connected.
In short, the vaccine conspiracy theories were birthed by mostly people that were not American. Most of them are not Christian and are hostile to Christians. I believe they want to see the American experiment fail. And it's working. This country is sharply divided over how to manage the pandemic. It should not be that way.
Are you saying that you think the anti-vaxxers on this forum are unwittingly parroting Russian and Chinese disinformation?

marke

This is probably not going to be popular. While I am conservative - anti abortion and anti LGBT I don't share the views of many on here concerning vaccines and I will get into why. I have a deep abiding distrust of the information about the vaccines floating out there. I watched first hand the genesis of this information. Being on the inside track in an administrative position does have its perks.

Where did all the the mis-information about the Covid Vaccines come from? The sources are multiple at this point.

Joseph Mercola, Robert F. Kennedy Jr., Ty and Charlene Bollinger, Sherri Tenpenny, Rizza Islam, Rashid Buttar, Erin Elizabeth, Sayer Ji, Kelly Brogan, Christiane Northrup, Ben Tapper, and Kevin Jenkins.

Rashid Butter made claims such as 5G cell phone networks and "chemtrails" causing COVID-19. He was also the one that spread the idea that vaccines cause autism. This batch accounts for 60 percent of the current misinformation. But where did it start?

I was a member of the Trump Server - The Donald, the very one that got shut down because insurrectionists had attached themselves to it. I was mid level management and the ISP's of these people were not US. They had ISP out of Norway and Sweden, primarily. These countries host people hostile to the US. We had one user, that kept harping on death penalty for the mildest offenses including jay walking. Sounds like something an ISIS or Taliban person would say. His was also very misogynistic. He was also a proponent of alternatives to vaccines. These non-US users pushed back against the vaccines when Trump wanted the roll them out. Then came the election and Biden won. The server was flooded with anti vax material from these users. The server was shut down after the capitol riots.

I also help to manage Facebook groups and we get off topic antivax stuff all the time. The big mouths that spew much of this material are still in these hotspots that are not American. Facebook gave me a wonderful tool that tells me where the post in coming from because I am a group Admin, especially if it a spammy post. It is why I have a deep distrust of antivax arguments and alternative therapies.

I am just sharing what I have seen being in that server. It was not pretty on the Donald. It was a sewer at times. I believe it attracted a lot of hostile people with evil intentions.
You failed to mention Dr. Lee Merritt and her arguments show vaccine proponents to be badly misinformed. Perhaps you should investigate what she is saying because her arguments are scientifically sound and nobody seems to be able to scientifically refute them.

marke

False. Full details are available here:

Maybe you are right. Merritt may have made one statement that turned out to be inaccurate for one reason or another. But that has nothing to do with the science she presents demonstrating the dangers of the covid vaccine. As far as I know, nobody, including you, has disproven her scientific claims.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Maybe you are right. Merritt may have made one statement that turned out to be inaccurate for one reason or another. But that has nothing to do with the science she presents demonstrating the dangers of the covid vaccine. As far as I know, nobody, including you, has disproven her scientific claims.
Dr. Merritt is an orthopedic surgeon, meaning that she is not a virologist or an expert of any sort in the area of vaccines. In other words, she is a quack. I notice that she is hawking hydroxychloroquine on her website. Even Fox News no longer touts hydroxychloroquine because it doesn't work on COVID-19. You are pushing fraud!

Last edited:

marke

Dr. Merritt is an orthopedic surgeon, meaning that she is not a virologist or an expert of any sort in the area of vaccines. In other words, she is a quack. I notice that she is hawking hydroxychloroquine on her website. Even Fox News no longer touts hydroxychloroquine because it doesn't work on COVID-19. You are pushing fraud!
If she is a quack why don't you prove she is wrong about the science?

Arthur Brain

Back when this forum was thriving, this sort of conspiracy drivel that's prevalent nowadays would have just been kicked into touch.

marke

Back when this forum was thriving, this sort of conspiracy drivel that's prevalent nowadays would have just been kicked into touch.
Laziness and ignorance contribute to the leftist's susceptibility to deception. They will not be bothered to do research and are happy to blindly accept without question whatever their lying leftist cult leaders tell them.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

The title of that article is "Hydroxychloroquine, a less toxic derivative of chloroquine, is effective in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro". Notice those last two words, "in vitro." There is a big difference between what works in vitro and what works inside the human body. The same also applies to Ivermectin:

marke

The title of that article is "Hydroxychloroquine, a less toxic derivative of chloroquine, is effective in inhibiting SARS-CoV-2 infection in vitro". Notice those last two words, "in vitro." There is a big difference between what works in vitro and what works inside the human body. The same also applies to Ivermectin:

If some areas report poor results and some areas report great results what kind of sense does it make to reject Hydroxychloroquine and Ivermectin out of hand just because the covid vaccine makers don't want those two proven medicines to interfere with sales of their covid vaccines?

Gary K

Banned

Computer communications are very easy to fake. It's done every day of the week. When done by experts it is very difficult to detect so your entire argument is based on a very, and i mean very, shaky premise. Personally, I would never look at IP addresses as solid evidence unless experts in identifying faked IP addresses had authenticated the data. And even then if an internet provider is involved it's impossible to really trust what you're looking at. So, unless you personally are within the top 1% of hackers in the world your IP address evidence is worthless.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Another point: These people that pushed this stuff in the beginning were hostile to Christians. Christians didn't start this stuff. That is why I distrust it.

Sherman

Staff member
Administrator
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I am a leftover from Knight's leadership on this site. Knight didn't like much of psychology, and I agree with him on that point. But he also didn't like much of the conspiracy theory material. When he came to medical stuff he was a pretty conventional guy. Clete is also part of the original old guard, and he shares my views on this topic.

Arthur Brain

Computer communications are very easy to fake. It's done every day of the week. When done by experts it is very difficult to detect so your entire argument is based on a very, and i mean very, shaky premise. Personally, I would never look at IP addresses as solid evidence unless experts in identifying faked IP addresses had authenticated the data. And even then if an internet provider is involved it's impossible to really trust what you're looking at. So, unless you personally are within the top 1% of hackers in the world your IP address evidence is worthless.

Yeah, you're a nut who calls people 'professional disinformation agents' if they don't hold with your space cadet conspiracy bunk. In your position, you can't trust any site really can you? The stuff that you, Marke and others spew out simply would have been booted into oblivion.