The Heretics Message to the World:Be Baptized to be Saved! (HOF thread)

rene

Moore - the question really is since you don't follow a teaching of Jesus - how can you be a follower?

I must say that you evidently have a very unique view of what it means to be a follower of Jesus - don't have to follow His teaching - can call His teaching "minor" in favor of what you want to follow.

If you told your children to follow and do something not difficult at all with direct instructions on how it is to be done and they had the same attitude that you have shown about a teaching of Jesus - guess that's ok, huh?

Grace isn't cheap grace. Not to be taken for granted because of the high price paid for it.

Last edited:

c.moore

Rene you quoted:If you told your children to follow and do something not difficult at all with direct instructions on how it is to be done and they had the same attitude that you have shown about a teaching of Jesus - guess that's ok, huh?

Quote C.Moore:yes, i will be angry as a normal human being would respond , but they still will be my children and I won`t kick them out the house and change their last names , or kill them and damned them like you think.

Also I know God is more merciful than any human so he would even think about sending anyone to hell who just miss a few things or disobey , as long as they are trying or wanted to change sooner or latter , and most of all if they want to keep the key to heaven gate they are welcome without and qualification, just remain in the family.

So now answer my questions!

DO YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU WILL GO TO HEAVEN WHEN YOU DIE?
YES
NO
I HOPE SO
I'M NOT SURE

Also in verse Matt 19 did the Holy ghost live in the diciple as Jesus sadid this to them??

Also who was Jesus talking to in verse 20??

rene

Moore - you missed the point of the analogy and went off in a direction totally away from the point.

God sent HIS SON JESUS to teach HIS WILL. You don't AGREE WITH THAT WILL ON THE POINT OF BAPTISM as can clearly be seen by what you have written.

Moore, I am going to heaven. Moore, I FOLLOW the teachings of Jesus. I am not the one making alterations to them, suggesting or calling them "minor", teaching something other than what He instructed on the topic found within Matthew 28:18-20 or any other scripture. YOU on the other hand can not write such - for your words show that you do indeed make alterations to the teachings of Jesus, suggested and called them "minor", teaching something other than Jesus instructed to be taught as instructed within Matthew 28:18-20.

AGAIN,

Can a person be a follower of Jesus that rejects and doesn't follow Him and His teaching? A simple "YES" or "NO"

What is a person that misrepresents scriptures and the words of Jesus in favor of their own? A simple verse here that supports your comments and actions. I suggest looking at John 10:27 before you dig an even deeper pit than you already have for yourself.

What is a person that misrepresents and states falsehoods about someone? A simple verse here that supports your comments and actions. I suggest looking at Exodus 20:16 & 23:1, Deut. 19:16-20, Proverbs 6:19 & 12:17 & 19:5,9, Matthew 15:19.

As to your questions – attempting to teach you anything about scripture till you grasp the basic teaching that a follower of Jesus does just that – follows Jesus and His teaching given by God – wouldn’t be wise on my part. You have to at least be able to understand the basics before going any further. Till you grasp that to follow Jesus means just that – my going onto any other topic is pointless with you. It is a basic concept that all believers, even ‘baby Christians’ understand.

c.moore

you said:Can a person be a follower of Jesus that rejects and doesn't follow Him and His teaching? A simple "YES" or "NO"

the answer would be no.

"But", believing and still having problems with somethings in following Jesus like an baptism getting wet, or not going to church and etc , will not stop a real believer from going to heaven.

WHEN YOU TURN FROM YOUR SINS AND TRUST IN JESUS, THERE WILL BE A SUPERNATURAL CHANGE IN YOUR HEART WHICH THE BIBLE CALLS, BEING "BORN AGAIN". JOHN 3:3

OUR GOOD WORKS WILL NEVER GET US INTO HEAVEN. TITUS 3:5

So is the ritual of getting wet a work?

Last edited:

rene

"But", believing and still having problems with somethings in following Jesus like an baptism getting wet, or not going to church and etc , will not stop a real believer from going to heaven.

Having problems?? What is so difficult about baptism as to cause problems if they are following the basic first steps that Jesus instructed for those that were wanting to be disciples?!?

Your dodge and dart - with comments that are not supported by any biblical verse or teaching shows that you really need to sit down and read the bible vs. following whatever/whomever you are following. Your comment leaves open the thought that it is 'ok' not to follow the instructions Jesus gave for the est. of His church - - all they have to do is claim it is "difficult" - when it is clear to see that it isn't.

Baptism isn't a ritual or a work - it is the TEACHING of JESUS that HE GAVE for those that were discipled and becoming part of HIS CHURCH!

Mat 28:18 And having approached, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on earth was given to Me.
Mat 28:19 "When you* have gone, make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20 teaching them to be observing all [things], as many as I commanded you*. And listen! _I_ am with you* all the days, until the conclusion of the age! So be it!" [Gr. amen, and throughout NT].

Where within any of the words of Jesus do you see ANYTHING to support your claim and personal teaching that goes against the very words of Jesus?

Notice to whom ALL AUTHORITY has been given to in both heaven and earth - - and I don't see you listed as the one such was given to - - you really think that following your teaching over the teaching of Jesus is based upon Godly anything??

Last edited:

c.moore

Rene
i feel very sorry for you and your religious get wet loops for a condition to qualify to get to a heaven if there is one.
It also shows me and other how mixed up the church and the gospel from religious people are taught.
Again it is a shame to find condotions and religious work to get God to accept us and it is a crying shame to have a God also to accept us through some pagan rituals, no wounder there is alway a problem with thís while it proves to me more and more it is pagan in the first place.
Good luck to you and your diving crew, and if diving deep is your kick then do as you please, and if you think it is so Holy then just stay brain washed.

Bye and have fun.

rene

Moore - in your reply, you address not ONE of the scriptural points that refute your claim. No scriptural anything - just double talk that is an attempt at a backhanded insult of me while you exalt yourself and your teaching over the teaching of Jesus.

I am sorry that you reject the teaching of Jesus to follow your own teaching that goes against His teaching.

To be 'in Christ', a 'follower of Jesus' - one doesn't pick and choose which of His teachings that they want to follow - they follow His teaching as He, JESUS instructed to be done.

Mat 28:18 And having approached, Jesus spoke to them, saying, "All authority in heaven and on earth was given to Me.
Mat 28:19 "When you* have gone, make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,
Mat 28:20 teaching them to be observing all [things], as many as I commanded you*. And listen! _I_ am with you* all the days, until the conclusion of the age! So be it!" [Gr. amen, and throughout NT].

Baptism isn't a ritual, it isn't just 'getting wet' or any of the other insulting comments that you have used of a teaching of Jesus. Baptism is a teaching of Jesus that you reject and mock in all your posts upon this thread.

c.moore

Originally posted by rene

Moore - in your reply, you address not ONE of the scriptural points that refute your claim. No scriptural anything - just double talk that is an attempt at a backhanded insult of me while you exalt yourself and your teaching over the teaching of Jesus.

I am sorry that you reject the teaching of Jesus to follow your own teaching that goes against His teaching.

To be 'in Christ', a 'follower of Jesus' - one doesn't pick and choose which of His teachings that they want to follow - they follow His teaching as He, JESUS instructed to be done.

Baptism isn't a ritual, it isn't just 'getting wet' or any of the other insulting comments that you have used of a teaching of Jesus. Baptism is a teaching of Jesus that you reject and mock in all your posts upon this thread.

"Well " if you think so and say so, I see the facts and revelation more deeper and easier.
So keep taking your bath to stay clean just use soap so Jesus won`t smell the sins.:D :chuckle:

rene

That you can take a teaching and with your words attack a teaching that Jesus instructed shows who you follow - and it isn't Jesus.

Baptism isn't a ritual. It isn't a "bath" or any of the other words that you make choice of in your attempt to lessen the teaching of Jesus.

That you can't/won't grasp His teaching and continue to reject it a sad commentary of those that claim to follow Jesus - but reject His teaching in favor of their own. Not that the bible doesn't address such and those that do such - just not something any wants to see and def. has no joy in.

Jesus came to save all the world but knew that there would be those that would love thier ways/teachings over His. He tells of them within scripture and the judgement of such (John 3:19-21).

There is still time to change and follow His teachings, His instruction, His ways vs. your path, the words that go against the teachings of Jesus. The way of Jesus brings eternal life - the other the total opposite.

Your cute choice of smiley faces won't be much comfort when you come face to face with Jesus and come face to face with your choice of teachings that go against His....... Time to put away the childish.

rene

Compare what YOU TEACH to what JESUS INSTRUCTED TO BE DONE.

Authority is given to Jesus and we are to follow HIS TEACHING - not moore's who has a teaching that goes totally against what Jesus instructed.

c.moore

you can take Jesus at His word when He says "I am the way" (John 14:6). Jesus is our salvation. It does not surprise me that your others "ways" (baptism, confirmation, works, etc) to be saved. The enemy enjoys it when others "preach another Gospel" as you have done and keep doing.

Apollos

(Still lurking in the shadows of light...)

(Still lurking in the shadows of light...)

C. Moore's reply is typical of those who want to ignore that man MUST DO something in order to obtain the salvation that God offers by His grace.

Looking at that last reply, one could very well think that C. Moore believes that salvation via Jesus is something that crawls up on you (he is attempting to infer that NO EFFORT on man's part is needed in any form or fashion to obtain salvation from God). You just get it somehow.

The simple truth is - MAN MUST DO SOMETHING in order to obtain the salvation that Jesus died to appropriate for all men.

If man is not required to do something (some action on his part) to obtain salvation, then are ALL MEN SAVED ??? (Ooops - we know all men will not be saved !)

If all men are not saved - why aren't they all saved? What sets one man apart from the other????

The reason one man WILL be saved and another man NOT be saved is determined by what they DO !!!

We find out what TO DO in God's word!

God (not man) chose water (baptism) as the means through which man ultimately appropriates the salvation that He (God) offers by His grace. This is God's plan - His decision. When a man gets ready to accept & do (all) that God requires to obtain that salvation - it is at THAT point, and not one second before, that a man is saved !

So yes, let's take Jesus "at His word" -

"He that believes and is baptized shall be saved..."

Caio !

c.moore

Re: (Still lurking in the shadows of light...)

Re: (Still lurking in the shadows of light...)

Originally posted by Apollos

C. Moore's reply is typical of those who want to ignore that man MUST DO something in order to obtain the salvation that God offers by His grace.

Looking at that last reply, one could very well think that C. Moore believes that salvation via Jesus is something that crawls up on you (he is attempting to infer that NO EFFORT on man's part is needed in any form or fashion to obtain salvation from God). You just get it somehow.

The simple truth is - MAN MUST DO SOMETHING in order to obtain the salvation that Jesus died to appropriate for all men.

If man is not required to do something (some action on his part) to obtain salvation, then are ALL MEN SAVED ??? (Ooops - we know all men will not be saved !)

If all men are not saved - why aren't they all saved? What sets one man apart from the other????

The reason one man WILL be saved and another man NOT be saved is determined by what they DO !!!

We find out what TO DO in God's word!

God (not man) chose water (baptism) as the means through which man ultimately appropriates the salvation that He (God) offers by His grace. This is God's plan - His decision. When a man gets ready to accept & do (all) that God requires to obtain that salvation - it is at THAT point, and not one second before, that a man is saved !

So yes, let's take Jesus "at His word" -

"He that believes and is baptized shall be saved..."

Caio !

Yes, we must do something and that somethings is just to believe with the heart , and have faith.
yes you have use your heart and move your lips to speak out and confess, that is a kind of work.

but to do a ritual to get saved is another gospel, or you are living by the Old testament laws just as well include circumcision and animal offerings.

Remember when it is work it is no more grace.

Also in mark those who don`t believe are damned not those who don´t get baptized and wet.

Apollos

You said potato, but I said tomato...

You said potato, but I said tomato...

Please be consistent. You can not say "JUST to believe" and then add on to that. Then you ADD have faith. Then you add "confess". This isn't "just" believing...

What you are doing is compiling a LIST of things that man MUST DO to obtain salvation - this is YOUR list. It includes the things that YOU accept as they apply to obtaining salvation. I will even presume you have a scripture for each of these. I accept them all - but your list is incomplete.

I have not been biased into believing that WATER BAPTISM is a "work" as you want to define it - just as I have not been biased into believing that faith and confession are "works" by which one obtains salvation.

These are actions required by God to obtain that which He offers by His grace. By doing these things on your list - to which I would quickly ADD water baptism - one does not EARN anything. These actions are merely the prerequisites that God requires of a man before He grants salvation unto them.

There are works that EARN and there are works that appropriate.
Ask the blind man in John 9:11 - when he did what Jesus said TO DO, he received his sight. Did he EARN his sight. Only the foolish would say he earned his sight.

Such "works" do not make grace void - they complement grace !!

Water baptism is the means chosen by God through which man appropriates the salvation that He offers by His grace!

He that believes and is baptized shall be saved. Those that do not believe, will not be baptized, and shall be comdemned!

Last edited:

rene

I have pointed out the words of Jesus that are ignored so many times - that I am wondering if "moore" is actually reading what is written.

To claim to follow Jesus - then turn around and reject what Jesus instructed to be followed isn't 'following Jesus'. To ridicule, insult, belittle, and mock a teaching of Jesus and then following a teaching that goes against His teaching is not the actions of one that really is a follower.

“To follow” just doesn’t fit within what I see written by “moore”. More of the ‘his way’ vs. Jesus way.

c.moore

Re: You said potato, but I said tomato...

Re: You said potato, but I said tomato...

Originally posted by Apollos

Please be consistent. You can not say "JUST to believe" and then add on to that. Then you ADD have faith. Then you add "confess". This isn't "just" believing...

What you are doing is compiling a LIST of things that man MUST DO to obtain salvation - this is YOUR list. It includes the things that YOU accept as they apply to obtaining salvation. I will even presume you have a scripture for each of these. I accept them all - but your list is incomplete.

I have not been biased into believing that WATER BAPTISM is a "work" as you want to define it - just as I have not been biased into believing that faith and confession are "works" by which one obtains salvation.

These are actions required by God to obtain that which He offers by His grace. By doing these things on your list - to which I would quickly ADD water baptism - one does not EARN anything. These actions are merely the prerequisites that God requires of a man before He grants salvation unto them.

There are works that EARN and there are works that appropriate.
Ask the blind man in John 9:11 - when he did what Jesus said TO DO, he received his sight. Did he EARN his sight. Only the foolish would say he earned his sight.

Such "works" do not make grace void - they complement grace !!

Water baptism is the means chosen by God through which man appropriates the salvation that He offers by His grace!

He that believes and is baptized shall be saved. Those that do not believe, will not be baptized, and shall be comdemned!

Yes , while Jesus was walking the face of the earth there was requirements and works and rituals asked to be done, but the finished work of the cross wasn`t taken place as Jesus walked on this earth, at that time so the following of Christ was done by works ,laws and rituals including circumcisions,going to the temples and addressing high priests.
The finished work of the cross was paid for those who believe in full and not a half way salvation of the blood of Christ which washes our sins alway not the water.
The water baptismo is an outward example of what the blood has already done to those who accepted Jesus as lord and believe so they won`t be damned.
But don`t get me wrong I believe a real born again christian should be water baptized but not as a reqirement or condition to earn to get saved.
Yes, we should obey Jesus and follow Him but don`t put the cart before the horses.
After getting saved, and born again with your heart, and ask the blood of Jesus to wash us.
Ro:10:9: That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
Ro:10:10: For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Ro:10:11: For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
Ro:10:12: For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.
Ro:10:13: For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

We should read our bibles , pray, get filled with the Holy Ghost with evidence of speaking in tongues,help the needed, go to church,have a relationship with other christians, fast,pay tithes, give offerings,witness,lay hands on the sick, and of course get water baptized .

Ro:10:4: For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Ro:10:8: But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

yes I preach Christ death ,burial, and resurrection, and having a faith relationship with Jesus and not a water down gospel.:)

A Philippian jailer asked (Acts 16:30) an important question to Paul and Silas: "Sirs, what must I do to be saved?" In response (v. 31) Paul and Silas said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you shall be saved." Paul didn't include water baptism! After the jailer responded Paul baptized him. The more consistent pattern therefore seems to be this. Unbelievers heard the gospel and responded. Then they were immediately baptized (immersed) in water at moment of faith.9 The preaching of the apostles does not demonstrate that baptism is a necessary condition for salvation. Paul in fact drew a clear distinction between the preaching of the gospel and baptism when he said, "For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel..." (I Cor 1:17)

VI. The claim that Jesus made water baptism a necessary condition for salvation is also false. Although it is possible that John 3:5 is an allusion by Jesus to water baptism it is unlikely.10 Let us then consider Jesus' statement in Mk. 16:16, "He who has believed and has been baptized shall be saved..."11 Does this prove that Jesus believed water baptism was a necessary condition for salvation?

The position of the Church of Christ with regard to this passage can be stated via a syllogism:
Premise #1: Anyone who believes in Jesus and is baptized will be saved.
Premise #2: Although Joe believes in Jesus, he has not been baptized.
Conclusion: Joe will not be saved.
However, this argument is not a valid one.12 The invalidity of this argument form can be shown by considering a different example.
Premise #1: Everyone who is enrolled at Northwestern and lives in a dorm is a college student.
Premise #2: Joe does not live in a dorm.
Conclusion: Joe is not a college student.
Obviously this is false. Joe may be a Northwestern student who lives in an apartment off campus.

This logical fallacy is often called the "Fallacy of Negative Inference." The Church of Christ commits this fallacy by arguing that passages like Mark 16:16 teach that one must be baptized to be saved. All this passage says is that baptism plus belief results in salvation. This passage says nothing about one who places their faith in Christ but has not been baptized. Therefore, the claim made by the Church of Christ that Jesus made baptism necessary for salvation can not be supported by this passage.

To prove that water baptism is necessary for salvation a Church of Christ representative must produce a verse like Mark 16:16b ("he who disbelieves is condemned") stating that without water baptism one can not be saved.13 Finally consider Jesus' words to the thief on the cross (who more than likely was not taken off the cross and baptized before he died), "Truly I say to

you, today you shall be with me in paradise." This brings us to the question, "What is the necessary and sufficient condition for salvation?"
VII. The overwhelming testimony of Scripture is that faith alone is both a necessary and sufficient condition for salvation. By necessary and sufficient I mean that not only is faith necessary for salvation (both sides agree about this), but that faith is also sufficient.14 A study of the word group believe, belief, faith, and save will demonstrate this. The Greek verb pisteuw (that is translated "believe") occurs 248 times in the N.T. and can mean believe, trust, or entrust. pisteuw occurs 100 times alone in the gospel of John. This is not surprising. John wrote, "But these things have been written that you may believe (pisteuw) that Jesus is the Christ...and that by believing you may have life in His name." (Jn. 20:31) In John 1:12 John wrote that all "who believe in His name" are children of God. John 3:16 recorded, "whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." Also consider John 3:18 and 7:38, 39.

In Peter's second sermon (Acts 10:43) he said, "everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins." Another example from Acts 16 is the Philippian jailer. Paul said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved..." In Rom. 1:16 Paul said that the gospel is the power of God to salvation to all who "believe." In Rom. 3:21-26 Paul talked about how unrighteous sinners can stand in the presence of a righteous God. Paul described how God "justifies" sinners (v. 22). "this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe." (NIV) In Rom. 4:1-12 Paul argued that Abraham was saved, not because he was circumcised, but through faith ("belief"). In Rom 10:9 Paul stated, "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved..." In Eph. 1:13 Paul wrote, "after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him..."

The noun form of pisteuw is pistiz and occurs 244 times in the New Testament. It can mean faithfulness, trust, faith, or refer to a set of beliefs. The following passages use pistiz (faith or belief) in reference to salvation: Rom 5:1, 2; Gal 2a;16; 3:2, 5, 6, 24, 26; Eph 2:8, 9. None of these passages link baptism to salvation. The Greek word translated save is swzw. It occurs 111 times in the New Testament. None of the following passages present water baptism as a condition for salvation: John 3:17; 10:9; Acts 2:21; 4:12; 11:14; 15:1, 11; 16:30; I Cor 1:18, 21; 15:5. The only passage linking baptism to salvation is I Pet. 3:21. It is dealt with next. What we see from a study of the Greek word group believe (verb--pisteuw), faith (noun--pist iz), and save (verb--swzw) is that faith alone15 is the necessary and sufficient condition for salvation.

VIII. Passages that describe baptism as conferring the benefits of salvation may be referring to something other than water baptism or may be using baptism in a symbolic way. Consider I Cor. 12:13. Paul wrote, "For by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body...we were all made to drink of one Spirit." In what way was Paul using the word baptism? Although the exact meaning of this passage is disputed, what is clear is that Paul used the word baptize figuratively. The Holy Spirit did not baptize us in water. Rather, this "baptism" involved our inauguration into the family of God. Paul argued similarly in Rom 6:4, 5; Gal. 3:27; and Col 2:12, 13.

I want to consider two passages: Rom. 6:4, 5 and I Pet. 3:21. In Rom 6:1 Paul responded to an objection raised against justification by faith. The objection is that if we are under grace, won't our motivation be to sin? Paul argued that the reason being under grace is not an excuse for sin is because believers have died to sin. As evidence of this he pointed to baptism (v. 3). "Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into his death?" Paul was saying, "Wait a minute; you don't understand. When you placed your faith in Christ you were joined to Christ. Just as he died, was buried, and was raised to new life so were you(see v. 4)."

From our survey of Acts we saw that individuals were baptized at the time of faith. Paul was pointing these believers back to their baptism (when many of them presumably placed their faith in Christ). He was saying , "Don't you know that when you were baptized you were taking place in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ? While you were being baptized in water, something far more important happened--you were baptized into Christ."

In other words their water baptism had a very rich symbolism. It pictured their participation as believers in the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. This understanding of Rom. 6:3-5 does not imply that baptism is a necessary condition for our salvation but an attendance circumstance that witnesses what takes place at conversion in the spiritual realm. Therefore Christian baptism is quite different from the baptism of John the Baptist because it points to what Christ accomplished on the
cross.

I will now consider Peter's statement about baptism found in I Pet. 3:21. Peter wrote, "And corresponding to that baptism now saves you--not the removal of dirt from the flesh, but an appeal to God for a good conscience--through the resurrection of Jesus Christ." Regardless of one's views on water baptism, this confusing passage does not teach that water baptism (alone) saves.16 Peter said, "not the removal of dirt" (i.e. water baptism).

Yet, to what kind of baptism was Peter referring? Did he mean water baptism or was he using the term in a figurative way? If he was referring to water baptism, in what sense did it save? Peter compared baptism to Noah's experience (v. 20). Noah was saved by an ark through water. This water represented God's judgment upon wickedness. Peter suggested that this deliverance of Noah through the waters of God's judgment was symbolic of baptism. Hence we see another part of the imagery of baptism.

From Rom. 6 we know that baptism pictures our co-participation with Christ in his death and resurrection. Christ experienced God's judgment (on our behalf) in his death and burial. Yet, He was also raised. Therefore water baptism also pictures our joining with Christ in passing through God's judgment to new life. We will safely pass through God's judgment because we were joined to Christ and he was raised from the dead.

AMEN!

rene

You act as if to teach about biblical matters - but pick and twist scriptures in an attempt to support your view. No verse within the bible states that baptism is not to be followed as Jesus instructed.

Here are teachings spoken by Jesus and those that followed and shared His teachings:

Mat 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost

Joh 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

Act 2:38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Act 10:48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

Act 22:16 And now why tarriest thou? arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sins, calling on the name of the Lord.

The significance of baptism as shown within scripture:

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

1Co 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

Col 2:12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

1Pe 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ

Examples of baptism from the bible:

Believers at Pentecost, Acts w:41
Converts in Samaria, Acts 8:12
The Ethiopian Eunuch, Acts 8:38
Saul of Tarsus, Acts 9:18
Lydia of Thyatira, Acts 16:15
Philippian Jailer and Household, Acts 16:33
Believers in Corinth, Acts 18:8
Ephesian Disciples, Acts 19:5

Diverting from the teaching taught by Jesus and found being followed, shared with, and practiced with those that they came in contact within the bible with claims of "minor" of the very words of JESUS more than calls into question claims that someone is saying that they follow but use the buffet approach to pick what they want from the gospel. Those sort of actions do NOT reflect one following. It shows one that picks what they want to do. That such has been done by one that claims to share the 'gospel' - it does make me wonder what 'gospel' it is that they follow since the words of Jesus are minor in their view. Keyword there is their view.

When someones view isn't in line with what is within the scripture, suggestions that the teachings of Jesus are minor - - what is a person that does such? Answer - it isn't Jesus.

It doesn't matter what you or I think if it suggests something within the bible said by Jesus Himself is minor. Not if one really is a Christian, really is following Jesus.

Claims of Christianity does not make one a Christian. Following His words, His teachings, not picking and making choice of which ones - THAT is a Christian. You have to follow Him - or your not in relationship. HIS TEACHINGS are above ALL TEACHINGS.

NONE of the teachings of Jesus is "minor". Not to a Christian.

c.moore

Rene

You can twist and try to understand the bible in a religious qualification gospel of works and rituals as you want but i made a choice to do as jesus said , and this is believe witht the heart and not with a water down gospel as you think.
as long as a person believes in their heart they are saved Rom 10:9,10.
We are save d by grace not by water.
the baptism is a like figure of what make us sons and daughter is the baptism in the Blood of Jesus , which give us eternal life

Joh:3:15: That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
Joh:3:16: For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
Joh:3:17: For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Joh:3:18: He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Believing is the Key to heaven doors not´the water .

In Peter's second sermon (Acts 10:43) he said, "everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins." Another example from Acts 16 is the Philippian jailer. Paul said, "Believe in the Lord Jesus and you will be saved..." In Rom. 1:16 Paul said that the gospel is the power of God to salvation to all who "believe." In Rom. 3:21-26 Paul talked about how unrighteous sinners can stand in the presence of a righteous God. Paul described how God "justifies" sinners (v. 22). "this righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe." (NIV) In Rom. 4:1-12 Paul argued that Abraham was saved, not because he was circumcised, but through faith ("belief"). In Rom 10:9 Paul stated, "if you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved..." In Eph. 1:13 Paul wrote, "after listening to the message of truth, the gospel of your salvation--having also believed, you were sealed in Him..."

rene

Moore, it comes down to a simple point - do you teach and follow the teaching Jesus instructed to be followed AFTER His resurection found in Matthew.

The "Treasury of Scriptural Knowledge" says this about the chapter in question.
Matthew 28 -
Overview
Mat_28:1, Christ’s resurrection is declared by an angel to the women; Mat_28:9, He himself appears unto them; Mat_28:11, The chief priests give the soldiers money to say that he was stolen out of his sepulchre; Mat_28:16, Christ appears to his disciples, Mat_28:18. and sends them to baptize and teach all nations.

"Vincent's Word Studies" has this to say:

Mat 28:19 -
Teach (μαθητεύσατε)
Rev., rightly, make disciples of.

In the name (εἰς τὸ ὄνομα)
Rev., correctly, “into the name.” Baptizing into the name has a twofold meaning. 1. Unto, denoting object or purpose, as εἰς μετάνοιαν, unto repentance (Mat_3:11); εἰς ἄφεσιν ἁμαρτιῶν, for the remission of sins (Act_2:38). 2. Into, denoting union or communion with, as Rom_6:3, “baptized into Christ Jesus; into his death;” i.e., we are brought by baptism into fellowship with his death. Baptizing into the name of the Holy Trinity implies a spiritual and mystical union with him. Eἰς, into, is the preposition commonly used with baptize. See Act_8:16; Act_19:3, Act_19:5; 1Co_1:13, 1Co_1:15; 1Co_10:2; Gal_3:27. In Act_2:38, however, Peter says, “Be baptized upon (ἐπὶ) the name of Jesus Christ; and in Act_10:48, he commands Cornelius and his friends to be baptized in (ἐν) the name of the Lord. To be baptized upon the name is to be baptized on the confession of that which the name implies: on the ground of the name; so that the name Jesus, as the contents of the faith and confession, is the ground upon which the becoming baptized rests. In the name (ἐν) has reference to the sphere within which alone true baptism is accomplished. The name is not the mere designation, a sense which would give to the baptismal formula merely the force of a charm. The name, as in the Lord's Prayer (“Hallowed be thy name”), is the expression of the sum total of the divine Being: not his designation as God or Lord, but the formula in which all his attributes and characteristics are summed up. It is equivalent to his person. The finite mind can deal with him only through his name; but his name is of no avail detached from his nature. When one is baptized into the name of the Trinity, he professes to acknowledge and appropriate God in all that he is and in all that he does for man. He recognizes and depends upon God the Father as his Creator and Preserver; receives Jesus Christ as his only Mediator and Redeemer, and his pattern of life; and confesses the Holy Spirit as his Sanctifier and Comforter.

Alway (πάσας τὰς ἡμέρας)
Lit., all the days. Wyc., in all days.

What you promote over the teachings of Jesus are not found within the bible.

Read and consider well while there is still time this scripture:

Mat 7:13 "Enter in through the narrow gate, because wide [is] the gate and spacious [is] the way which leads to the destruction, and many are the ones entering in through it.
Mat 7:14 "How narrow [is] the gate and having been constricted [is] the way which leads to the life, and few are the ones finding it!
Mat 7:15 "But be watching out for the false prophets, who come to you* in sheep's clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves.
Mat 7:16 "By their fruits you* will know them. They do not gather a grape cluster from thorns, or figs from thistles, do they?
Mat 7:17 "In the same way, every good tree yields good fruits, but the rotten tree yields evil fruits.
Mat 7:18 "A good tree is not able to be yielding evil fruits, nor a rotten tree to be yielding good fruits.
Mat 7:19 "Every tree not yielding good fruit is cut down and is thrown into fire.
Mat 7:20 "Consequently, by their fruits you* will know them.
Mat 7:21 "Not every one saying to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter into the kingdom of the heavens, _but_ the one doing the will of My Father, the [One] in [the] heavens.
Mat 7:22 "Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, we prophesied in Your name, and cast out demons in Your name, and did many miraculous works in Your name, did we not?
Mat 7:23 "And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you*; be departing from Me, the ones practicing lawlessness!'
Mat 7:24 "Therefore, every [ one ] who hears these words of Mine and does them, I will compare him to a wise man who built his house on the solid rock;
Mat 7:25 and the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat against that house, and it did not fall, for it had been founded on the solid rock.
Mat 7:26 "And every [ one ] hearing these words of Mine and not doing them will be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand
Mat 7:27 and the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and they beat against that house, and it fell, and its fall was great."

To follow the teachings of Jesus is the sign of a wise person and knowledge of God and His teaching. To ignore, to ridicule, to insult and suggest as "minor" such a teaching according to the words of Jesus is "foolish". Moore can you understand and grasp the problem that your stand places you in?