The Late Great Urantia Revelation

Status
Not open for further replies.

staind.raindrop

This is an excellent question!
It is important to respond to another person's post by carefully reading the words stated. Asking for clarification if the meaning is not clear is an honest response.
But, when people start to read in a meaning that was not intended we get into trouble.

Do you imply that you think honest responses are important?

Do you suggest I wasn't asking for clarity when I put my answer in the form of a question when I responded to her? I am asking you for clarity.
bybee said:

Clearly, asking for clarity won't always result in acquiring it, no matter how honest a response it is.
bybee said:

I don't believe that deliberately withholding clarity when asked for it is an honest response.
bybee said:

Clearly not.

bybee

Do you imply that you think honest responses are important?

Clearly not.

To the best of my ability I respond to another person's post. I believe I have understood the post and respond with my understanding. Sometimes I need clarification and appreciate when I get it. If I am off, I apologize.
I'm not sure where this is headed?

staind.raindrop

This is an excellent question!
It is important to respond to another person's post by carefully reading the words stated. Asking for clarification if the meaning is not clear is an honest response.
But, when people start to read in a meaning that was not intended we get into trouble.
Do you suggest I wasn't asking for clarity when I put my answer in the form of a question when I responded to her? I am asking you for clarity.

To the best of my ability I respond to another person's post. I believe I have understood the post and respond with my understanding. Sometimes I need clarification and appreciate when I get it. If I am off, I apologize.
I'm not sure where this is headed?

I asked you for clarity regarding the above post. You with me?

staind.raindrop

My words speak for themselves. They mean what I understand them to mean.
Perhaps I am not with you?

Well I'm certainly not with you. I'm asking you to clarify what you meant because I don't have enough information to do it myself. I get the impression from that post that you were suggesting that I didn't ask Eeset for clarity. Is that true? I'm asking you to clarify your intent for me.

bybee

Well I'm certainly not with you. I'm asking you to clarify what you meant because I don't have enough information to do it myself. I get the impression from that post that you were suggesting that I didn't ask Eeset for clarity. Is that true? I'm asking you to clarify your intent for me.

No, that was not at all my intention. I thought I was affirming your contention that one must, at times, ask for clarification.
In any case, by now, you must know that I do speak my mind as clearly as I am able.

staind.raindrop

No, that was not at all my intention. I thought I was affirming your contention that one must, at times, ask for clarification.
In any case, by now, you must know that I do speak my mind as clearly as I am able.

Idk why I have such a hard time interpreting much of what you say. I am speaking my mind, now.

Eeset

LIFETIME MEMBER
@ staind. Hosea was an OT prophet. Not only did he say "I desire mercy and not sacrifice"but Jesus quotes him twice in Matthew. Would you say that qualifies?

staind.raindrop

@ staind. Hosea was an OT prophet. Not only did he say "I desire mercy and not sacrifice"but Jesus quotes him twice in Matthew. Would you say that qualifies?

I wouldn't say it's the same thing as saying that blood sacrifice isn't part of the law. It seems that mercy is the goal but sacrifice is the means to achieve it, so it can be easy to get confused into thinking that He desires sacrifice.

Caino

BANNED
Banned
The OT books evolved over time, there are layers of diverse beliefs. Then they were redone in Babylon. But each time they edited the books they left old bits there. The Israelites had intermarried with the Canaanites, they were an amalgatee group, yet the Babylonion editors created a battle where they were all destroyed but there are a number of interesting traces of Hebrew self exaltation

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
What alone has value.............

What alone has value.............

I wouldn't say it's the same thing as saying that blood sacrifice isn't part of the law. It seems that mercy is the goal but sacrifice is the means to achieve it, so it can be easy to get confused into thinking that He desires sacrifice.

As I shared earlier here on 'blood atonement',....the physical shedding of blood has no power to cleanse/transform/renew the conscience or bring about an inner transformation of any kind in and of itself,...but true heart-felt repentance does and can affect such an change of heart and mind. In another place we learn that 'obedience is better than sacrifice', that actual DOING of righteousness is what avails. All the bloodshed and killing of animals or human beings has no 'atoning' value' apart from the 'faith' or 'belief' in the person entrusted to such rituals. The desire for mercy, doing justice, walking humbly before God, is what is essential. "Repent and do what is right (for the kingdom of heaven or 'God' is in your midst)", has always been the fundamental call of the prophets.

Esoterically/symbolically.....the real sacrifice is 'surrender' of one's whole being to God, as a 'living sacrifice'. All the outer rituals are only tokens and signs of what is to be effected within the individual, to bring himself in 'at-one-ment' with God, which is a return to harmony with Spirit, and the eternal laws and principles that sustain life.

pj

Last edited:

staind.raindrop

As I shared earlier here on 'blood atonement',....the physical shedding of blood has no power to cleanse/transform/renew the conscience or bring about an inner transformation of any kind in and of itself,...but true heart-felt repentance does and can affect such an change of heart and mind. In another place we learn that 'obedience is better than sacrifice', that actual DOING of righteousness is what avails. All the bloodshed and killing of animals or human beings has no 'atoning' value' apart from the 'faith' or 'belief' in the person entrusted to such rituals. The desire for mercy, doing justice, walking humbly before God, is what is essential. Repent and do what is right (for the kingdom of heaven is in your midst), has always been the fundamental call of the prophets.

Esoterically/symbolically.....the real sacrifice is 'surrender' of one's whole being to God, as a 'living sacrifice'. All the outer rituals are only tokens and signs of what is to be effected within the individual, to bring himself in 'at-one-ment' with God, which is a return to harmony with Spirit, and the eternal laws and principles that sustain life (in time and eternity).

pj

Repentance and obedience is all that is necessary now but that doesn't mean a blood sacrifice was unnecessary in order to achieve that reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.