The Leviathan in Prophecy

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
It seems like interpreters are obsessed with understanding the beasts of Daniel 7 and Revelation 13 and 17, but little is ever said about the Leviathan. Habakkuk, Isaiah 24-27, and Job 41, are completely neglected prophecies.

Habakkuk 1 is a prophecy about foreign fighters and worldwide Islamic terrorism in the last days. ISIS is also prophesied in the Leviathan of Isaiah 27 and Job 41. Is it coincidence that the most brutal terrorist group on the planet calls themselves "the leviathan that has been awakened?"

The Leviathan is found in Psalm 74:14, Job 41, Isaiah 27, and Psalm 104:26.

This creature represents more than one thing. Certain qualities attributed to it that are evident in ISIL. This is the dragon, the serpent, Satan, and some sort of 'end-time entity.’ Maybe the two heads of the Leviathan also represent the two major sects of Islam like the two horned beast does of Revelation 13. I say this creature is the offspring of Islam, i.e. “Babylon the Great” and the people of ISIL inspired by Satan.

Job 41 is very detailed in describing certain aspect of the Leviathan that remarkably resemble ISIL. The chapter begins by implying that man is nearly powerless at taking it out, and that there's little to nothing to deter or stop it, and something that only God will accomplish.

Job 41:25 When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid:...

The mighty are afraid because jihadist hide among the general population. They aren't coming at you with brigades of people and equipment. They are spread across the world's largest countries and mixed in the general population and believe it's God's will for them to participate in jihad. Islam teaches that if a man does not participate in jihad when a fatwa has been issued for holy war, he is liable to lose his reward in paradise and is a hypocrite.

Job 41:25 When he raiseth up himself, the mighty are afraid:...

...."by reason of breakings they purify themselves."

The second part of verse 25 is really strange and perfectly describes a Muslim's 'struggle' in jihad ...

The word ‘breakings’ no doubt implies terrorism. It means to break and ruin and comes from a word meaning "to break, wreck, and to rend violence."

"Jihad is the Arabic word for "struggle" or "effort". In the context of the Holy Qur'an, jihad is a struggle or effort to strive "in the path of God" (22:78). Scholar James Turner Johnson says it this way: "the concept of jihad…fundamentally denotes striving or effort expended by the individual Muslim to walk in the path of God" (Johnson 19; Feldman 232-233). Jihad is the effort to purify oneself from within, to purify oneself of selfish appetites--the intention behind the action is important to the action itself. If this is the root meaning of jihad, when and how did it come to mean "holy war" or a "war to kill the infidels"? To answer that, we need to look at jihad in the Qur'an and the term's historical development."

Job 41:26 says,
KJV...
"The sword of him that layeth at him cannot hold: the spear, the dart, nor the habergeon."
NAS...
"The sword that reaches him cannot avail, Nor the spear, the dart or the javelin."

Interesting isn't it. The US and others are launching rockets, missiles, spears, darts, and javelins, and used slingshots at ISIL. Some that cost almost 1.5 million dollars each, and most believe it will do little to deter them and the leviathan (ISIL) will live on.

Job is using the only terminology available to him at the time, to describe 'airborne' weapons over two thousand years in the future. The missiles directed at the Leviathan have no effect, it lives on. World news has been reporting that the thousands of missile strikes have little effect at quelling ISIL and that it's quite foolish to think they will!

"When it rises up, the mighty are terrified; they retreat before its thrashing. The sword that reaches it has no effect, nor does the spear or the dart or the javelin."

Job 41:28-29 The arrow cannot make him flee: slingstones are turned with him into stubble. Darts are counted as stubble: he laugheth at the shaking of a spear.

Five historic weapons of flight are mentioned. Arrows, slingstones, darts, spears,and javelins! ALL to no avail!

In Isaiah 27:1 the prophecy about the leviathan is yet future for it is destroyed by the Lord. There are two aspects to the Leviathan.

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

It implies that there are 'two' leviathans that get punished. We know the serpent is the dragon and his names are Satan and Lucifer. ISIL is the end-time entity prophesied as the Leviathan that the LORD punishes in the end.

Note that there are TWO aspects of the Leviathan. One is a piercing serpent. (ISIL) The other is a crooked serpent. (Satan the dragon).

For behold, the Lord comes out of His place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity; the earth will also disclose her blood, and will no more cover her slain. (Isaiah 26:21)

Last edited:

CherubRam

Interpretation of biblical prophecies is for prophets. There are two dragons, the dragon of the sea, and the dragon of the land. The dragons have to do with secret societies.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Interpretation of biblical prophecies is for prophets.

There are no prophets today. They ended during the first century Church. All the prophecies have been given and it's up to us to decipher them.

CherubRam

There are no prophets today. They ended during the first century Church. All the prophecies have been given and it's up to us to decipher them.

The greatest impediment people have obtaining the truth is when they think they already have it.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
The greatest impediment people have obtaining the truth is when they think they already have it.

You tell me who the prophets are today? Hal Lindsey? Jack Van Impe? Better yet, tell me who upholds the qualifications of a prophet today IF you know what those qualifications are? Tell me what makes people a 'prophet'?

Tell me why they are necessary?

When most people think of prophets they associate them with the major and minor prophets of the Old Testament, Jesus, his apostles, and John the Revelator of the New Testament. People associate prophets with predicting the future because that's mostly what we read in the bible.

There have only been a few dozen (or so) prophets throughout history. In the NT Prophets and apostles held positions in the church. First came the apostles, next down the hierarchy were the prophets. 1st century prophets had a very different role in the church. They had a dangerous job and were usually the first to be persecuted. Both were not needed after the foundation of the church was placed. The prophets and apostles as well, have basically become 'obsolete.' After the church was well established these 'wandering prophets' became more of a disturbance than a help. The church eventually viewed them as an intrusion and the office of prophet just faded out.

Today we have the gift of prophecy and are able to prophesy but that's not the same as the role and function of a prophet.

Other than what we read in the Old and especially the New Testament books, the first century Didache is the authority on the office of the prophets.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned

Isn't it just a bit peculiar to you why God would find it necessary to put nearly 2 chapters in the bible about end-time alligators?

The Leviathan has two heads. And Job 41:6 says you can't make a meal out of Leviathan! Ever had alligator meat? Taste like chicken!

Job 41:6 Shall the companions make a banquet of him? shall they part him among the merchants?

Job 41:33-34 Upon earth there is not his like, who is made without fear. He beholdeth all high things: he is a king over all the children of pride.

"Nothing on earth is its equal—a creature without fear. It looks down on all that are haughty; it is king over all that are proud.”

CherubRam

You tell me who the prophets are today? Hal Lindsey? Jack Van Impe? Better yet, tell me who upholds the qualifications of a prophet today IF you know what those qualifications are? Tell me what makes people a 'prophet'?

Tell me why they are necessary?

When most people think of prophets they associate them with the major and minor prophets of the Old Testament, Jesus, his apostles, and John the Revelator of the New Testament. People associate prophets with predicting the future because that's mostly what we read in the bible.

There have only been a few dozen (or so) prophets throughout history. In the NT Prophets and apostles held positions in the church. First came the apostles, next down the hierarchy were the prophets. 1st century prophets had a very different role in the church. They had a dangerous job and were usually the first to be persecuted. Both were not needed after the foundation of the church was placed. The prophets and apostles as well, have basically become 'obsolete.' After the church was well established these 'wandering prophets' became more of a disturbance than a help. The church eventually viewed them as an intrusion and the office of prophet just faded out.

Today we have the gift of prophecy and are able to prophesy but that's not the same as the role and function of a prophet.

Other than what we read in the Old and especially the New Testament books, the first century Didache is the authority on the office of the prophets.

I do not know of any prophets who are alive today, but I will say that my gift from God is interpretation of scriptures. I do know that the Two Witnesses to come are prophets of God.

disturbo

BANNED
Banned
Job 41 isn't a prophecy. It points backwards to events that already happened. Not forward.

Maybe you can explain instead of just saying so. And maybe you can explain how the LORD came out of HIS PLACE, and in what day, the LORD punished the two aspects of the Leviathan...

Isaiah 27:1 In that day the LORD with his sore and great and strong sword shall punish leviathan the piercing serpent, even leviathan that crooked serpent; and he shall slay the dragon that is in the sea.

The verse before 27:1 is 26:21 and it says...

For, behold, the LORD cometh out of his place to punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity: the earth also shall disclose her blood, and shall no more cover her slain.

Last edited: