toldailytopic: Oprah Winfrey: trustworthy talk show host, or lunatic liberal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wessex Man

I'm saying Oprah has achieved much in her own lifetime and she espouses beliefs that obviously work not only for herself but probably for millions around the globe.
Despite the fact they're from the modern USA and are hardly very well worked out by this one individual? You are saying they'd be right for say India or Japan?

I'm saying that it has taken Christianity two thousand years to become the morbidly obese juggernaut we know and love today. The same stuff I've been saying for the past few pages.
Doesn't that fact tell you something?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
So what you are saying it seems is a few warm and fuzzy statements from Oprah are akin to traditional Christianity and presumably Islam, Hinduism etc with there evolved and worked out systems of metaphysics, theology, mysticism, exegesis, doctrine, ethics, symbolism, tradition, religious philosophy and so on? Seems rather dubious to me.
Dubious? No. Fake? Yeah.

At least Oprah has never said that those who don't agree with her religious beliefs are doomed to hellfire , which is more than can be said for many Christians .
That's because those who do agree with her are.

Status
Not open for further replies.