toldailytopic: Racism. Should people have the right to be racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Son of Jack

The fact is that Jesus didn't discriminate. There are several instances when His actions run contrary to Jewish culture norms (i.e. talking at the well with the Samaritan woman). In fact, He condemns the words of His disciples, James and John, for wanting Jesus to destroy the Samaritans.

DJ and AB have the right interpretation of the passage in question. If Elo, et. al., are correct in their interpretation we would have Jesus equivocating on this issue.

Flipper

Hello all,

If you are a police officer and you think every Black you encounter is a criminal, THEN YOU ARE A RACIST. If you are a Black, and you think that every police officer you encounter is a racist, THEN YOU ARE A RACIST also.

I didn't know that Police Officer was a race.

elohiym

Racism is defined as a feeling of superiority or hatred toward those of another race.

Racism. :plain:

Next time use the dictionary. Hatred is not part of the definition.

Discrimination is defined as making a distinction based on race, group, class, category, etc.

Race (noun) - a : a family, tribe, people, or nation belonging to the same stock; b : a class or kind of people unified by shared interests, habits, or characteristics.

If you can't see that God is a racist based on those definitions, I submit that you are being willfully ignorant.

elohiym

The fact is that Jesus didn't discriminate.

The fact is he did.

John 4:22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.

There are several instances when His actions run contrary to Jewish culture norms (i.e. talking at the well with the Samaritan woman). In fact, He condemns the words of His disciples, James and John, for wanting Jesus to destroy the Samaritans.

Irrelevant. You appear to be viewing discrimination exclusively as a pejorative. That's not a mature use of the English language.

DJ and AB have the right interpretation of the passage in question.

If you had read the thread more carefully, you would know that they don't have the same interpretation. So pick one to praise, please.

If Elo, et. al., are correct in their interpretation we would have Jesus equivocating on this issue.

The Bible is replete with examples of God discriminating based on race. In fact, in the end, only those who are born of God will live.

Discriminate is not a pejorative, and race is not limited to the color of one's skin. Please use the dictionary if you are unsure.

elohiym

I answered it directly. Shame you can't reciprocate. :plain:

You didn't answer anything. I provided a passage that showed without ambiguity that God is a racist, and you did not address the passage regarding what God did, but rather evaded the point and equivocated by asking whether we should give an eye for an eye.

Prove God is not a racist. I already proved God is a racist, by his own words and the English definitions of the words race, racism, and discrimination. Those words are morally neutral, but you have thus far failed to comprehend that salient point.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
If I own my own business or my own apartment complex, should I have the right to not hire or not lease to a person based on race?

The position I have held to for years would be contradicted by not agreeing.

The issue, as I see it is ownership, not race, if you own private property then you should have full say as to what to do with it.

If you own a private school, you should have the right to only take pupils that meet a criteria even if the criteria is only based on race.

Now enter the government, they also should be able to make policy, not always fitting the majority opinion, such majoritarianism is to allow being dictated by the tyrannic, usually ill informed majority.

This brings in other complex issues such as the managed state, which conflicts with my ideas of the way government should work.

Racism, as an issue itself, has never occupied me as much as it does people, in general, today, yet I would not advocate a system that made decisions based on race, even in the affirmative, as the issue, as it is seen today, I do believe makes for worse outcomes because puts the necessity of achievement on other than being able to achieve.

Conversely, to block the achievement by one based on such marks as race is by the same argument, defeatist.

What measures have been applied in the past to protect are effective, but those to insulate has had long-lasting deleterious effects.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We all agree the United Negro College Fund is racist, right?

Not necessarily. However, should someone who supports the United Negro College Fund whine about a similar college fund set up for whites only, they would certainly be a hypocrite and possibly racist.

IMO, a racist would require that a different set of liberties be allowed to themselves only as compared to others. A college fund that is specifically set up for those of a particular race would not qualify.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I do think the United Negro College Fund is racist, unless they have or intend to manage to force others to fund them.

Consider, if I wanted to form a Episcopalian reform movement funded voluntarily it would not force a Baptist to contribute.

The question is "is it voluntarily?"

elohiym

Maybe I'll start the United Caucasian College Fund and advertise it on a network called White Entertainment Television. :think:

Would that be racist? By definition, yes it would.

Would it be immoral? No.

Four O'Clock

I didn't ask you about the law. I am asking you what YOU think.
SHOULD it be legal for me to discriminate within my own personal business?
Let me make it more simple....
Lets assume you need your lawn mowed and you want to pay somebody to do it. SHOULD you have the right to pick your vendor based on any criteria you choose?

Your 'lawn mowed' example is simple, you can hire anyone you want whether your a white-bigot moron or a black who hates whites.

But the issue becomes blurred as an owner of an apartment owner complex, or a business where you simply say, I own it, I don't like n*****s and they ain't livin' or workin' here!

Knight, it sounds like (correct me if I'm wrong) you support white business owners, who do directly impact the economy, simply having the right to p**s on blacks wanting a piece of the pie, many hard-working black-Americans. Yes, I believe the govt. has a right to say they're wrong and should take action to correct the disparity here.

Virtually all of us hate the black, jive-arse back lash but, let's face it, you and I, havent' had the bigotry thrown in our face that they've had to endure, but Knight with all due respect, are a youngster that has bought into the right masquerating as ''Christian Truth".

Bottom line? Blacks have been s**t on for over 200 hundred years.

Unfortunately, you & I and others have to deal with the rap-crap, Jackson, Sharpton, and others, backlash, that exploit that. They're as bad as the white bigots who shamlessly cry: "What about the hard-working white worker?"

One of my college professors said, 30 years ago, that our country will be in the infancy of a LEFT-RIGHT war within the next 30 years...I think we're seeing the beginnings of that an until the right and left extremists inherit any common sense, you guys might well be the one's to put our great nation at risk....
Who care's? Knight thinks right-wing politics and social views are our Lord's view and the lefties think they've got the inside track.
IMO, there's the problem, plain and simple.
No common sense among the lot of us, the right thinks abortion/gay issues 100% non-Christian and and they think that the poor, underprevidged Americans don't deserve scwat...

You're morons, I guess I'm a moron, but our country is starting to split down the middle and you extemist's don't seem seem to give a rat's behind about that...

Status
Not open for further replies.