Trump, Over a Year Later

Daniel1769

Well, It's probably been a year since I've been on TOL. Last I remember, I was arguing with Trump supporters who just knew he would be making America great again.

So now that he's been president for well over a year,

He has passed the largest spending bill in history, approved $500 Million for Planned Parenthood, banned bump stocks, and tweeted leftist gun control talking points.

He has NOT repealed Obamacare, started building the wall, "locked her up" or defunded Planned Parenthood.

Let's hear those excuses.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But he won. The KKK, the neo-nazis, the alt-right, had been marginalized from American politics for decades. And he brought them back in.

And they will always love him for that.

musterion

Ain't got any.

I would have offered the valid reasons of constant distraction from an empty investigation and, more importantly, oppositional bought-and-paid-for Republican swamp rats, both of which are true. But that was before yesterday.

After yesterday's signing off on, among other things, sending half a billion to Planned Parenthood - something he gave his word he'd never do - well, I have nothing to say. Whatever reason he may cite for having to do it, TRUMP BROKE HIS WORD.

What's most sickening is how lots of right wing blogs are frantically trying to spin this in the best possible light; that Trump is masterfully playing some Machiavellian 9th dimensional chess against halfwits in Congress and this was the sacrifice of a pawn in order to get far better and more needful things.

Bullsh....

Trump broke his word. Period.

If that money goes to P.P. - and my understanding of the law is once appropriated and signed off, nothing can stop it - this county will not have seen "stay home" protest non-votes like what's coming later this year.

Democrats have very probably just taken back Congress and Trump has very probably killed any chance of a second term. A week ago I'd have laughed at either idea. Now, thanks to the Rs and Trump himself, I expect no other outcome.

@Tambora, @glorydaz, @JudgeRightly and @patrick jane can tell me if/where I'm wrong but at this point, I'm not wrong. The shock and defeat at a lot of places on the Net is palpable.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Ain't got any.

I would have offered the valid reasons of constant distraction from an empty investigation and, more importantly, oppositional bought-and-paid-for Republican swamp rats, both of which are true. But that was before yesterday.

After yesterday's signing off on, among other things, sending half a billion to Planned Parenthood - something he gave his word he'd never do - well, I have nothing to say. Whatever reason he may cite for having to do it, TRUMP BROKE HIS WORD.

What's most sickening is how lots of right wing blogs are frantically trying to spin this in the best possible light; that Trump is masterfully playing some Machiavellian 9th dimensional chess against halfwits in Congress and this was the sacrifice of a pawn in order to get far better and more needful things.

Bullsh....

Trump broke his word. Period.

If that money goes to P.P. - and my understanding of the law is once appropriated and signed off, nothing can stop it - this county will not have seen "stay home" protest non-votes like what's coming later this year.

Democrats have very probably just taken back Congress and Trump has very probably killed any chance of a second term. A week ago I'd have laughed at either idea. Now, thanks to the Rs and Trump himself, I expect no other outcome.

@Tambora, @glorydaz, @JudgeRightly and @patrick jane can tell me if/where I'm wrong but at this point, I'm not wrong. The shock and defeat at a lot of places on the Net is palpable.
I knew there was no extra money for the wall but I did not hear about PP. That's a deal breaker for me. That and the wall. I heard yesterday that Trump said he was going to veto, but if he signed it, he signed his one term Presidency. We know Clinton would have too but this is a smack in the face. Why brag about Gorsich when you build a future for Planned Parenthood.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
a7a8cfc33a58a634636db39c0441a0aa.jpg

musterion

I knew there was no extra money for the wall but I did not hear about PP. That's a deal breaker for me. That and the wall. I heard yesterday that Trump said he was going to veto, but if he signed it, he signed his one term Presidency. We know Clinton would have too but this is a smack in the face. Why brag about Gorsich when you build a future for Planned Parenthood.

The spending bill breaks Trump’s campaign promise to his voters, but it does fulfill a promise that his Democratic opponent, Hillary Clinton, made on the campaign trail in 2016.

Clinton promised to continue funding Planned Parenthood if elected president, while Trump assured his voters that he would defund the abortion giant if he won.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/u...-omnibus-bill-that-keeps-funding-planned-pare

http://dailycaller.com/2018/03/23/trump-gop-omnibus-planned-parenthood/

And some people have the ignorant gall to say "God is blessing America."

musterion

I'm seeing a lot of comments saying, Relax, it's just an Omnibus bill and not a budget, meaning Trump can decide what gets spent and when. I have not seen this verified anywhere so I have no idea if it's true but until I do, it sounds like exactly the kind of desperate spin the Democrats who aren't too far gone tried to toss out whenever Obama did something horrible.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, It's probably been a year since I've been on TOL. Last I remember, I was arguing with Trump supporters who just knew he would be making America great again.

So now that he's been president for well over a year,

He has passed the largest spending bill in history, approved $500 Million for Planned Parenthood, banned bump stocks, and tweeted leftist gun control talking points.

He has NOT repealed Obamacare, started building the wall, "locked her up" or defunded Planned Parenthood.

Here's my rating on him for those issues:

Obamacare
images

the wall
images

"locked her up"
images

Planned Parenthood
images

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
1493294828510.jpg

Trump, Over a Year Later

Where was the President during these massive marches across the nation - playing golf at Mar Largo!

Eventually all these high-school students will become voters, their patents already are - they'll remember the name of the president and political party who chose to ignore them!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

Has anyone ever trusted Trump and not lived to regret it? Did were you not suspicious when he suddenly switched from pro-abortion to pro-life, just when he decided to run for president?

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
images

"LOCK HER UP!"

How ironic that It was General Flynn who encouraged that response at the Republican National Convention who will probably be the first to be "locked up!"

glorydaz

Last night as I lay in bed thinking on this exact matter, a song kept running through my head, "I fought the law, and the law won."

Except it was, "He fought the swamp and the swamp won."

Then I remember hearing how Gen. Mattis met with Trump just before he was going to veto or sign the bill, and how he reluctantly agreed to sign it. Our men are falling out of the air in crappy planes because of how Obama depleted the military. We can't send them out of country much less from base to base in this country without losing more of them. War is on the horizon everywhere we look and we're squabbling about increasing our already out of control debt. I was ashamed for our country.

I know what would have happened with Clinton.

I can see what's happening with the youth marching in the streets. It ain't good folks. This spending bill is for 6 months. The political war isn't over yet, but our men and women in uniform cannot wait another day. I happened upon this article just before coming here, and I hope you all read it.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ter_signing_the_abominable_spending_bill.html

glorydaz

But he won. The KKK, the neo-nazis, the alt-right, had been marginalized from American politics for decades. And he brought them back in.

And they will always love him for that.

Oh right....we see those white hoods at every street corner. :chuckle:

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Last night as I lay in bed thinking on this exact matter, a song kept running through my head, "I fought the law, and the law won."

Then I remember hearing how Gen. Mattis met with Trump just before he was going to veto or sign the bill, and how he reluctantly agreed to sign it. Our men are falling out of the air in crappy planes because of how Obama depleted the military. We can't send them out of country much less from base to base in this country without losing more of them. War is on the horizon everywhere we look and we're squabbling about increasing our already out of control debt. I was ashamed for our country.

I can see what's happening with the youth marching in the streets. It ain't good folks. This spending bill is for 6 months. The political war isn't over yet, but our men and women in uniform cannot wait another day. I happened upon this article just before coming here, and I hope you all read it.

https://www.americanthinker.com/blo...ter_signing_the_abominable_spending_bill.html

20170424_Military_Expenditure.jpg

The American military budget far exceeds that of its closest rival - and that spending
(2016) was in the 6th year of the Obama Administration when "glorydaz" would have us believe that it was being stripped of its funding!

"Glorydaz's" fear mongering is not based on the facts - America's competitors in the 21stC have long since realized that the welfare of the nation is far better served when it invests in the health, education and general well-being of its people!

Given this President's treasonous refusal to provide the leadership to provide an coordinated effort to prevent the Russians from meddling in the 2018 Interims, what purpose does a strong military serve if the nation can't have confidence in the validity of its own elections?

Last edited:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Good post and article. I haven't abandoned ship or jumped off the Trump Train and this could be tactical in that he had to get the money for the military and to keep the government from shutting down. I think his overall goals and promises will still be kept. We'll see.

glorydaz

20170424_Military_Expenditure.jpg

The American military budget far exceeds that of its closest rival - and that spending
(2016) was in the 6th year of the Obama Administration when "glorydaz" would have us believe that it was being stripped of its funding!

"Glorydaz's" fear mongering is not based on the facts - America's competitors in the 21stC have long since realized that the welfare of the nation is far better served when it invests in the health, education and general well-being of its people!

Given this President's treasonous refusal to provide the leadership to provide an coordinated effort to prevent the Russians from meddling in the 2018 Interims, what purpose does a strong military serve if the nation can't have confidence in the validity of its own elections?

My "fearmongering" was based on my own fears for our men and women in uniform. Stuff a sock in it, vile "garden".

glorydaz

Good post and article. I haven't abandoned ship or jumped off the Trump Train and this could be tactical in that he had to get the money for the military and to keep the government from shutting down. I think his overall goals and promises will still be kept. We'll see.

Don't forget, the swamp runs deep on both sides of the aisle. The only one not smiling after that "deal" was Trump. Ryan, McConnell, and the two dim wits... :sigh:

One thing about promises....we can only try and do our best to keep them. I used to explain that to my kids....things come up that you can't foresee. Who would have thought the Trump derangement syndrome would have been so deep and wide. It's disgusting what they've done to impede our President.