Warning: Mockers in the Last Days (part one)

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Sharing this excellent article:

Warning: Mockers in the Last Days

by John McTernan from: https://www.raptureready.com/soap2/mcternan1.html

There shall come in the last days scoffers/mockers:

2 Peter 3:3, 4 “Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, Where is the promise of his coming...”

I recently noticed a tremendous increase in mockers and scoffers attacking Christianity and the Bible in general. In the past a very small percentage of the population were atheists, agnostics and others who would attack the authority of the Bible.

But in the last few years, there has been an explosion of rejecting the Bible to the degree that about 20 percent of the population fall into the category and increasing all the time. This rejection is not passive but militant and aggressive. The spirit behind this rejection reminds me of the spirit of the French Revolution. This is serious rebellion against the Bible.

What was so significant to me about the mocking was the power of it. There seemed to be a vicious, disarming spiritual power associated with the mockers. It seemed impossible to cut through this mocking spirit to defend and proclaim the faith. In a sense, the mocking felt overpowering, which greatly alarmed me, as I never had encountered this power before. It is the rise of the spirit of antichrist preparing the way for the “man of sin.”

Because of the effect of this mocking power, I studied the Bible to find out what is so significant about mocking and this dangerous evil power it was generating. I was stunned with what I found. The spiritual implications for both the mockers and America are frightening.

On two occasions the Bible warns that the closer the coming of the Lord Jesus, the greater the mockers/scoffers will become. These verses are found in 2 Peter 3 and Jude, and what is so significant is both verses stress that the prophets and apostles warned about the mockers.

Apparently the mockers are a sure indicator that the “last time” or Day of the LORD is near. It is going to be a powerful force as the Lord’s Second Coming draws near. The driving force of the mockers is sinful lusts. Sin has taken over and controls a person, and this is the power behind the mockers!

Notice one of the main focuses of mockers is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ.

2 Peter 3:2-4 “That ye may be mindful of the words which were spoken before by the holy prophets, and of the commandment of us the apostles of the Lord and Savior: Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, And saying, ‘Where is the promise of his coming?’”

Jude adds something very important about the mockers. They are completely given over to sin and are without the Spirit of the Lord in their life; therefore, they are reprobates with a mind that is at war with God. Their mind is void of anything connected with God.

Jude 1:17-19 “But, beloved, remember ye the words which were spoken before of the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ; How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, who should walk after their own ungodly lusts. These be they who separate themselves, sensual, having not the Spirit”

The ultimate mocking was found when Jesus Christ was in the hands of evil men and He was dying on the cross. This mocking was Satan using men to directly attack the Lord Jesus and it was with an all-out mocking attack. You will notice when reading these verses that the mocking involved action.

As they were torturing the Lord, they were also mocking Him. This was an all-out brutal attack by Satan to try and break the Lord. The full hatred of Satan was being unleashed against the Lord, and at the heart of it was mocking! Mocking is one of Satan’s most powerful tools against believers.

Matthew 27:29 “And when they had platted a crown of thorns, they put it upon his head, and a reed in his right hand: and they bowed the knee before him, and mocked him, saying, Hail, King of the Jews!”

Matthew 27:31 “And after that they had mocked him, they took the robe off from him, and put his own raiment on him, and led him away to crucify him. Mark 15:31 Likewise also the chief priests mocking said among themselves with the scribes, He saved others; himself he cannot save.”

Luke 22:63 “And the men that held Jesus mocked him, and smote him.”

Luke 23:11 “And Herod with his men of war set him at nought, and mocked him, and arrayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him again to Pilate.’

Luke 23:36 “And the soldiers also mocked him, coming to him, and offering him vinegar.”

Mockers are the Seal of God’s Coming Judgment

There are two criteria for a society to fulfill which seals its destruction from God. The first is to legalize iniquity while the second is to mock God and those that warn of the coming judgment for sin. God clearly lays out in the Bible what are the conditions for triggering His righteous judgment on a nation. America is now almost completed these requirements and is ready for judgment. A judgment from which there is NO remedy.....

Part 2 to follow..