we already have healthcare for all

whatever67

poor people in the US have never been denied healthcare b/c they couldn't pay.

So we already have healthcare for all

But even if not, we don't want DC coming between us and our doctors. We are tired of Central Control coming in between us and [fill in the blanks]

:wave:

whatever67

Not true.

hat?

is so. I know of poor people who have not had health insurance. They have a severe toothache or whatever. They show up at ER and they are treated, given a prescription for pain meds. The hospitals could write it off against their income, thereby not having to pay as much taxes

rexlunae

is so. I know of poor people who have not had health insurance. They have a severe toothache or whatever. They show up at ER and they are treated, given a prescription for pain meds. The hospitals could write it off against their income, thereby not having to pay as much taxes

Pain meds aren't a proper treatment for a toothache, normally, and it isn't even something an ER is set up to deal with very well. It ameliorates the pain. That's it. ERs are required to triage and potentially stabilize anyone who comes in, and that's it. That doesn't mean you get the full treatment you need for whatever leads you to the ER. Meanwhile, the hospital has to pass that cost along to other patients.

Tyrathca

You have a very odd idea of what treatment consists of. What happens when they come back with an infection of that tooth which has now formed an abscess? Does the hospital give proper treatment or some antibiotics, pain meds and get booted out the door again?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
poor people in the US have never been denied healthcare b/c they couldn't pay.

So we already have healthcare for all

But even if not, we don't want DC coming between us and our doctors. We are tired of Central Control coming in between us and [fill in the blanks]

:wave:

Do you like Obamacare ?