Theology Club: WHAT ARE DEACON IN THE BODY OF CHRIST ?

DAN P

Hi to all , and do you have DIAKONOS/DEACONS in your EKKLESIA/ASSEMBLY ??

Can Women be Deacon or Deaconess ??

What are they called in the Gospels ??

What are they called by Paul ?

dan p

Last edited:

glorydaz

Can they be Women be Deacon or Deaconess ??

dan p

I don't attend an assembly with "deacons," but from what I understand they are involved in the "government" or "helps." It's a service position, is it not?

1 Corinthians 12:27-29
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

Not wanting to put my "foot in my mouth," I'll risk it and say this verse would also be an example of what a deacon does. I'm merely giving my opinion since, as I said, we don't have "deacons" per se in our assembly.

1 Tim. 5:10
Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

DAN P

I don't attend an assembly with "deacons," but from what I understand they are involved in the "government" or "helps." It's a service position, is it not?

Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues. Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?

Not wanting to put my "foot in my mouth," I'll risk it and say this verse would also be an example of what a deacon does. I'm merely giving my opinion since, as I said, we don't have "deacons" per se in our assembly.

Well reported of for good works; if she have brought up children, if she have lodged strangers, if she have washed the saints' feet, if she have relieved the afflicted, if she have diligently followed every good work.

Hi , and I have attended assemblies , where they had a Deacon Board .

My suggestion for you is to do a word study on the word Deacon/Dia konos and you will see many different opinions from Scholar and not just Greek students like me .

Also see how it is used in the Gospels and also how Paul uses the word !

You might have to have Lighthouse explain my Horrible explanation and writing skills .

I have learned how to better write and explain by Dispensationalism better in the last 3 years and some of the static has come from many dispensationalist , and Acts 2 , Enemies of the Cross !!

I may not have all the answers and lets see what you come up with ??

Why did you not answer the questions that I asked above ?

dan p

DAN P

My suggestion for you is to do a word study on the word Deacon/Diakonos and you will see many different opinions from Scholar and not just Greek students like me .

You might have to have Lighthouse explain my Horrible explanation and writing skills .

I have learned how to better write and explain by Dispensationalism better in the last 3 years and some of the static has come from many dispensationalist , and Acts 2 , Enemies of the Cross !!

Why did you not answer the questions that I asked above Post !!

dan p

glorydaz

My suggestion for you is to do a word study on the word Deacon/Dia konos and you will see many different opinions from Scholar and not just Greek students like me .

Why did you not answer the questions that I asked above ?

dan p

I answered the question because it was there. :) If I didn't answer the question you asked "above" it must be because I didn't realize what you were asking. Perhaps if you ask me again, or another way, I might be able to figure out what it is you want to know.

I'm not really interested in reading someone's opinion. When I read "deacons" in the Word, and check in Young's, which I often do, I see "overseers and ministrants" which is why I answered as I did. I attend New Testament style assemblies, and we have people who seem to fit the bill....doing the work without the "title."

DAN P

I answered the question because it was there. :) If I didn't answer the question you asked "above" it must be because I didn't realize what you were asking. Perhaps if you ask me again, or another way, I might be able to figure out what it is you want to know.

I'm not really interested in reading someone's opinion. When I read "deacons" in the Word, and check in Young's, which I often do, I see "overseers and ministrants" which is why I answered as I did. I attend New Testament style assemblies, and we have people who seem to fit the bill....doing the work without the "title."

Hi , and that was a quick research , by you !!

If you checked with Lighthouse , he would have headed you to understanding vey quickly !!

All real scholars , disagree with no unity , if you google , what does the word Deacon means !!

Nothing you wrote will convince anyone , but Low information bible student !!

Try to find a Greek word for DEACONESS ?

I have yet to find one , so Help me out !!

How is the word DIAKONOS used in the OT or Gospels ??

dan p

Last edited:

DAN P

Can Women be Deacon or Deaconess ??

dan p

Hi to all , and the Greek word DIAKONOS is used in Matthew, Mark and in John 2:9 .

Since , they are in these book of the OT , where is the definition of their duties ??

We do not see anything until 1 Tim 3:8 , near the end of Paul's life .

In Rom 15:8 , we see that Jesus was a DIAKONOS/DEACON of the Circumcision !!

DAN P

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Hi to all , and the Greek word DIAKONOS is used in Matthew, Mark and in John 2:9 .

Since , they are in these book of the OT , where is the definition of their duties ??

We do not see anything until 1 Tim 3:8 , near the end of Paul's life .

In Rom 15:8 , we see that Jesus was a DIAKONOS/DEACON of the Circumcision !!

DAN P

So then, this makes the NKJV a very good version since it says the Lord Jesus Christ was a "servant" of the circumcision.

DAN P

So then, this makes the NKJV a very good version since it says the Lord Jesus Christ was a "servant" of the circumcision.

Hi , and I have been writing to our Chairman over this issue , in our Assembly and speaking to out Pastor , how DEACONS can be Women !!

I believe that the OT testament does not address how they are appointed ?

Those that believe in woman Deacons , lean to women Deacons and we see that many lean to Woman Pastors !!

As I have written , even Jesus in Rom 15:8 is called a DIAKONOS /DEACON and is translated Minister , but He is a Minister of the Circumcision !!

I do prefer the KJV , as I grew up reading it !!

dan p

glorydaz

Hi , and I have been writing to our Chairman over this issue , in our Assembly and speaking to out Pastor , how DEACONS can be Women !!

I believe that the OT testament does not address how they are appointed ?

Those that believe in woman Deacons , lean to women Deacons and we see that many lean to Woman Pastors !!

As I have written , even Jesus in Rom 15:8 is called a DIAKONOS /DEACON and is translated Minister , but He is a Minister of the Circumcision !!

I do prefer the KJV , as I grew up reading it !!

dan p

In the OT, they had a saying, "Thank God I'm not a woman."

Jesus had a different view, and that was seen in the early church. Being a servant is not "usurping authority" in the assembly. Services were held in the homes of various women, and women supported the ministry in many ways. Phebe, of course, is the best example.

Romans 16:1-2
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Unfortunately, many women came from paganism where worship of female godesses gave many women too much boldness, which is why Paul had to correct them, just as he had to correct all those who abused speaking in tongues.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I don't see a difference in it. By servant they are not saying butler.

DAN P

I don't see a difference in it. By servant they are not saying butler.

Hi , and some believe it can and Waiter and related to some Work of some kind !!

VINE'S has a lot of definitions !!

Still doing more research !!

dan p

DAN P

In the OT, they had a saying, "Thank God I'm not a woman."

Jesus had a different view, and that was seen in the early church. Being a servant is not "usurping authority" in the assembly. Services were held in the homes of various women, and women supported the ministry in many ways. Phebe, of course, is the best example.

Romans 16:1-2
I commend unto you Phebe our sister, which is a servant of the church which is at Cenchrea: That ye receive her in the Lord, as becometh saints, and that ye assist her in whatsoever business she hath need of you: for she hath been a succourer of many, and of myself also.

Unfortunately, many women came from paganism where worship of female godesses gave many women too much boldness, which is why Paul had to correct them, just as he had to correct all those who abused speaking in tongues.

Hi , and maybe , that is why the Catholic's have Nun's ??

dan p