What is the 'Word of reconciliation'?

Jerry Shugart

Here the Apostle Paul speaks of the "word of reconciliation" and the "ministry of reconciliation":

"And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation, To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation. Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God. For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him"
(2 Cor.5:18-21).

What is the "word of reconciliation"?

Jerry Shugart

the following words of paul found in the context of the verses i quoted provide a hint to exactly what is the "word of reconciliation":

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him" (2 Cor.5:21).

Is this not what Paul referred to as the "preaching of the Cross?:

"For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God" (1 Cor.1;18).

Peter wrote:

"Who his own self bare our sins in his own body on the tree, that we, being dead to sins, should live unto righteousness: by whose stripes ye were healed" (1 Pet.2:24).

Once a person believes the preaching of the Cross they are reconciled to God and come wihin the reconcilation He has has provided

OZOS

Reconciliation = exchange.

“I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.” Gal 2:20

The spiritually dead are made spiritually alive through faith in Christ.

DAN P

The Greek word translated "reconciliaton' also means "restoration to favour."
And what I see from 2 Cor 5:18 that only the GENTILES were alienated from God .

I have never seen a verse where Israel was ever alienated from God as they had the Prophets and the LAW of MOSES .

The Greek words TO US / HEMIN is a PERSONAL POSSESSIVE PRONOUN and speaks to the Gentiles that Paul was writing to .

The MINISTRY of Reconciliation was ONLY given to the BODY of CHRIST .

dan p