why is there water baptism in the bible ?

DAN P

I have been on a web site for many years and did not realize that water baptism is one of their beliefs .

does water really save ?

do we as grace believers have to repent , as Acts 2 :38 requires .

if water baptism is so important , , why was Jesus water baptized by John in Matt 3:15

what say you ?

dan p

Bradley D

I believe water baptism is symbolic. It depends on the person being baptized. If they take seriously or not. Going under water is dying to the old self. Coming up out of the water is the new self a believer.

Right Divider

Body part
I believe water baptism is symbolic. It depends on the person being baptized. If they take seriously or not. Going under water is dying to the old self. Coming up out of the water is the new self a believer.
You are believing in Churchianity and not Christianity. Paul tells us that there is ONE baptism for the body of Christ and that does NOT include any water. It is a SPIRIT baptism.

1Cor 12:13 (AKJV/PCE)
(12:13) For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether [we be] Jews or Gentiles, whether [we be] bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

THAT is the ONE baptism for the body of Christ.

Israel had a water baptism. Israel is not the body of Christ.

Christ was water baptized. Did He have an "old self" that needed to go under the water?

Christ was water baptized because He, along with the rest of Israel, were to be priests to the gentiles. The water baptism symbolized the cleansing of the priest for his service as such.

DAN P

Matt 3:15 says that Jesus was baptized to fulfill all righteousness .

You missed what the question was !!

So , what does it mean to fulfill all righteousness ,and then you have your answer !!

number one , all should know why priests were baptized / washed , in the old testament , and Ex 19:6 explains , why Jesus was baptized , but Jesus did not have any thing to be repentance of , yes He did , but not of sin ,

In Gen 6;6 he was repented , that he made man and all the living things that He made , but Noah found grace , in the eyes of the Lord and saved 8 souls and destroyed the rest of His creation .

and the answer is , that Israel was to be kings and priests in the Millennial Kingdom and Jesus showed all that He was a high priest after the order of Melchisedec , see it now ?

this why there 2 groups in the bible , Israel and the B O C .

dan p