Why was sin not imputed ?

DAN P

Rom 5:13 reads , for until the Law , sin was in ( the ) world , but sin is not being Imputed ( there ) not being Law .

#1 from verse 12 , by one man sin entered the world , and death by the sin , so also death passed through into all men ,, because all have sinned .

#2 how was Adam and Eve then saved ?

#3 and verse 14 says , death reined Adam until Moses .

#4 how will these men that died from Adam until Moses , be judged , if sin is not imputed ??

#5 does atonement , fit in during this period ??

#6 does Gen 3:21 fit in here ?

dan p

DAN P

Rom 5:13 reads , for until the Law , sin was in ( the ) world , but sin is not being Imputed ( there ) not being Law .

#1 from verse 12 , by one man sin entered the world , and death by the sin , so also death passed through into all men ,, because all have sinned .

#2 how was Adam and Eve then saved ?

#3 and verse 14 says , death reined Adam until Moses .

#4 how will these men that died from Adam until Moses , be judged , if sin is not imputed ??

#5 does atonement , fit in during this period ??

#6 does Gen 3:21 fit in here ?

dan p
In Judges 17:6 says , in those days there was no king , in Israel , but every man did that which was right in his own eyes .

So how wil these people be judged ?

dan p

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
In Judges 17:6 says , in those days there was no king , in Israel , but every man did that which was right in his own eyes .

So how wil these people be judged ?

dan p
I'm thinking the answer is likely Romans 2:14, 15 -
for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)

DAN P

I'm thinking the answer is likely Romans 2:14, 15 -
for when Gentiles, who do not have the law, by nature do the things in the law, these, although not having the law, are a law to themselves, who show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and between themselves their thoughts accusing or else excusing them)
That was the only verse that I found that made sense .

So I say that atonement began with Adam and Eve , would you agree with me ?

dan p

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
That was the only verse that I found that made sense .

So I say that atonement began with Adam and Eve , would you agree with me ?

dan p
I do think Adam and Eve received God's grace.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Will all consider Gen 3:21 as and answer ?
Gen 3:21 - Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

It's interesting to note that an animal had to be sacrificed for God to clothe them.

DAN P

Gen 3:21 - Also for Adam and his wife the LORD God made tunics of skin, and clothed them.

It's interesting to note that an animal had to be sacrificed for God to clothe them.

I looked at the Hebrew text on Gen 3:21 , the Hebrew word also / asa it stem is QAL and means to know by experience and is the Heb imperfect tense

The Hebrew words did / asa and make / asa and clothed/labas , stem is hiphil also in the Heb imperfect tense and it means to clothed them and then stop .

We know that Christ was the perfect sacrifice and the last Heb 9:15 explains why .

dan p