would Jesus want us killing the terrorists?

republicanchick

well, the whiney lefties would say maybe not

oh, that horrible Kyle dude who killed all those poor jihadists... what a murdering idiot..

but the gitmo 5... why they are just following their beliefs... shouldn't even call them extremists... might hurt them poor little feelins

so what does JESUS say?

Well, for one thing, Jesus did NOT... repeat did NOT come here to establish a kingdom on Earth, a ruling kingdom of Christians... Maybe that will come in time but that is not what he came for, primarily. He came to save people from Hell...

he didn't say (that we know of) anything about how to handle what are primarily secular problems

But one thing I know about Jesus: He would NOT want us standing idly by while Neanderthals kill women and children, behead people just b/c... heck, who knows why...

No, I don't think Jesus would want us to just say, Hey, not my problem..

++++

jsjohnnt

I agree with Republican babe. Look, Jesus proudly came from the seed of David, one of the baddest warriors of all time, and never even hinted at a sense of disgust with his heritage.

But the key to this discussion, imo, is what the Chick has to say.

I would add the following to what she has said (and what the heck does the flood have to do with this thread?)

If His mission had been different, if he had been sent to destroy the enemy, I suppose he would have done so, ala many of the O.T. examples. His war would have been comprehensive, harsh, final in terms of "victory," and short term, if we are to believe that the wars of the OT and the harsh punishment detailed in the Old Scriptures, were God ordained.

republicanchick

I agree with Republican babe. Look, Jesus proudly came from the seed of David, one of the baddest warriors of all time, and never even hinted at a sense of disgust with his heritage.

But the key to this discussion, imo, is what the Chick has to say.

I would add the following to what she has said (and what the heck does the flood have to do with this thread?)

If His mission had been different, if he had been sent to destroy the enemy, I suppose he would have done so, ala many of the O.T. examples. His war would have been comprehensive, harsh, final in terms of "victory," and short term, if we are to believe that the wars of the OT and the harsh punishment detailed in the Old Scriptures, were God ordained.

yeh, but you know... some people (lefties) would just NEVER shed blood (well, I mean, you know, except for the blood of the unborn but they are not really humans...). No, these lefties would just never kill terrorists... take then captive MAYBE... but do NOT "torture" them... give them their little Korans so they can go on hating us... but we can't hurt them... that would be amoral

Yes, those Lefties are holier than God

++

Crowns&Laurels

BANNED
Banned
God uses people to be ministers of death upon wolves who attack the flock.

God has always done this, as one could read the Old Testament and see it everywhere.

Liberals don't understand this part of Christianity- the militant part beyond the grace and virtue.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
yeh, but you know... some people (lefties) would just NEVER shed blood

:chuckle: That's so misleading ... it's almost humorous.

(well, I mean, you know, except for the blood of the unborn but they are not really humans...).

Odd. Three pregnancies. Three live births. No abortions. What are *your* statistics?

No, these lefties would just never kill terrorists...

Without a reasonable case for self-defense and a weapon, it would be difficult. :think:

take then captive MAYBE... but do NOT "torture" them... give them their little Korans so they can go on hating us... but we can't hurt them... that would be amoral

I wholeheartedly approve of torture. They should be required to converse with you for 24 hours a day. That'd teach em!

Yes, those Lefties are holier than God

Pot-calling-kettle-black_zps60b669e1.jpg~original

republicanchick

God uses people to be ministers of death upon wolves who attack the flock.

God has always done this, as one could read the Old Testament and see it everywhere.

Liberals don't understand this part of Christianity- the militant part beyond the grace and virtue.

hey, some so called Christians don't either.. Most of Christians so called essentially toss out the Old T... which theme thereof is primarily

2 words

GOD's WRATH

against sin

++++