You Can't Beat Something With Nothing

Granite

Hall of Fame
http://www.vocativ.com/news/217868/planned-parenthood-treats-more-women-for-cancer-than-abortion/

It’s worth comparing some raw numbers here. In that year, Planned Parenthood completed 327,653 abortions. Compare that to the 1.1 million pregnancy tests, 1.4 million emergency contraception kits and more than 487,000 breast exams that the organization provided.

I'd like to know what organization PP's foes would propose to replace the services provided by PP. Women who need birth control or a breast exam need these services. PP is their most affordable option. So where are these gals expected to go?

A pap smear or breast exam might not mean a thing to a politician in Washington. But it's a big deal to these women. So, again, I ask: What if anything does any PP foe here propose replace Planned Parenthood?

The majority of what they actually do serves to prevent abortion, whether you like it or not.

Are there are any actual, real alternatives, solutions, or replacements folks have in mind? The "just don't have sex" crowd is beyond idiotic so I'll just tune that asininity out.

Last edited:

bybee

http://www.vocativ.com/news/217868/planned-parenthood-treats-more-women-for-cancer-than-abortion/

It’s worth comparing some raw numbers here. In that year, Planned Parenthood completed 327,653 abortions. Compare that to the 1.1 million pregnancy tests, 1.4 million emergency contraception kits and more than 487,000 breast exams that the organization provided.

I'd like to know what organization PP's foes would propose to replace the services provided by PP. Women who need birth control or a breast exam need these services. PP is their most affordable option. So where are these gals expected to go?

A pap smear or mammogram might not mean a thing to a politician in Washington. But it's a big deal to these women. So, again, I ask: What if anything does any PP foe here propose replace Planned Parenthood?

The majority of what they actually do serves to prevent abortion, whether you like it or not.

Are there are any actual, real alternatives, solutions, or replacements folks have in mind? The "just don't have sex" crowd is beyond idiotic so I'll just tune that asininity out.

The abortion portion of their clinics could be shut down and leave the other services available.
Do they provide a "Well Baby" and/or "Well Person" clinic as well as the other very necessary services?

Quetzal

The abortion portion of their clinics could be shut down and leave the other services available.
Do they provide a "Well Baby" and/or "Well Person" clinic as well as the other very necessary services?
I was actually curious of this as well. That is, how it is divided and such.

Granite

Hall of Fame

Many of their clinics don't provide abortions at all (like the one about ten minutes from where I sit) but that doesn't keep them from being hassled. And when people talk about "shutting down" or "defunding" PP they certainly speak in absolutes.

So you'd favor...well...okay. How would you go about forcing them not to perform abortions? And keep in mind federal monies don't pay for them as it is.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame

A pap smear or breast exam might not mean a thing to a politician in Washington. But it's a big deal to these women. So, again, I ask: What if anything does any PP foe here propose replace Planned Parenthood?

The local health department does all those things (but doesn't do abortions) and not only that they help pregnant women and care for them all the way through, are there no local health departments where you live?

Last edited:

TracerBullet

jeffblue101

No amount of "good" can ever cover up PPs heinous crimes. Secondly when we defund PP that 500 million in taxpayer money will be realloacted to healthcare clincs that dont have to resort to killing the unborn and selling off their body parts to pad their bottom line.

gcthomas

I suppose it is comforting for liberals to see that Planned Parenthood is taking responsibility for the cases of breast cancer that are likely to be a result of the abortions performed there.

Twelve Out of Twelve Recent Studies Show Abortion Linked to Breast Cancer

I tried to track those studies down, but they are not referenced or linked. But I did find some similar studies by the same authors, and you especially would be surprised that they were not designed to find the effects of abortion on cancer rates. In general, those researchers were looking to see if breast cancer was largely environmental (avoidable?) or not. The reported abortions were corellated with high stress lives and poor living conditions, so hard to tease out.

But the largest issues with the research seesm to be that they were small samples and relied on questionarres to find out histories. And do you know why that is a BIG problem? I'll tell you.

If you ask a health young Indian lady (in the control group) if she has had an abortion, she'll say no. Whether she had or not. Due to the shame of it. See response bias.

If you tell a sick woman she may die and it is important to tell the truth - have you had an abortion? She will more likely be honest.

How is this issue avoided? Run a large prospective cohort study. And, unsurprisingly, this has been done. Such as this one which studied 100 000 women for a decade.

THIS is why all the cancer institutes around the world make the same response to the abortion-cancer claim. No link. It has become far too political in the bible belt states for the science to bubble to the surface.

Last edited:

fool

Hall of Fame

:wave2: I'll do the breast exams.

fool

Hall of Fame
The local health department does all those things (but doesn't do abortions) and not only that they help pregnant women and care for them all the way through, are there no local health departments where you live?

It's the same where I live, AND after you don't kill your kid you can take them there for immunizations and such.
It's also where you can sign up for WIC.

TracerBullet

Yes, the "American" Cancer Society has continued to downplay the very real connection between abortions and breast cancer.
How is citing dozens of studies AND discuss the findings and merits of each downplaying?

Good thing that there are honest researchers outside the United States.

You didn't actually look at the link provided and the studies the American Cancer Society cited.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Many of their clinics don't provide abortions at all (like the one about ten minutes from where I sit)

That's because PP concentrates on black communities.

78% of PP clinics that provide abortions are located in black communities.

PP is the largest abortion provider in America. While blacks make up 12% of the population, 35% of the abortions are on blacks.

According to USAToday, black populations are on the decline in every large American city, and overall nationwide.

Margaret Sanger (the founder of PP) is succeeding beyond her wildest dreams.

Sanger started "The Negro Project" in 1939. The Negro Project was designed to sterilize young black woman. It was part of Sanger's eugenics.

Margaret Sanger said the following about black people:

"Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated"

I'm surprised PP doesn't put that quote by Sanger above the doors at each of its abortion clinics.

If Margaret Sanger was alive today, she would be very proud of what PP is accomplishing on blacks.

The only thing those recent videos don't point out, is that all those baby parts and baby cadavers are most likely from black babies.

Quetzal

That's because PP concentrates on black communities.

78% of PP clinics that provide abortions are located in black communities.

PP is the largest abortion provider in America. While blacks make up 12% of the population, 35% of the abortions are on blacks.

According to USAToday, black populations are on the decline in every large American city, and overall nationwide.

Margaret Sanger (the founder of PP) is succeeding beyond her wildest dreams.

Sanger started "The Negro Project" in 1939. The Negro Project was designed to sterilize young black woman. It was part of Sanger's eugenics.

Margaret Sanger said the following about black people:

"Colored people are like human weeds and are to be exterminated"

I'm surprised PP doesn't put that quote by Sanger above the doors at each of its abortion clinics.

If Margaret Sanger was alive today, she would be very proud of what PP is accomplishing on blacks.

The only thing those recent videos don't point out, is that all those baby parts and baby cadavers are most likely from black babies.
Source?