"My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Mark 3:34
Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!

Mark 3:35
Whoever does God’s will is my brother and sister and mother.”

Luke 8:21
He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Too many man made doctrine do not show much of esteem following Jesus' teachings or commands by saying "your works cannot save you".

This kind of doctrines are so against Jesus' word.

We will not inherit God's kingdom if we don't esteem Jesus' word.

Christianity is all about Jesus and His teachings or commands.

lifeisgood

Why start another thread about Jesus' sayings, meshak?
You're beginning to sound like the modern church.
Oh, well, that's the answer. Oops, that's not the answer.
Well, let's start another fad (oops, thread) and that is the answer.

meshak, have you obeyed Jesus the Christ by coming to the One who holds the key that open the strait gate?

lifeisgood

Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers!

Was meshak there?
No?
Then Jesus was not talking to meshak, was He?

Was meshak there?
No?

He replied, “My mother and brothers are those who hear God’s word and put it into practice.”

Was meshak there?
No?

Now, 2016, has meshak, obeyed Jesus the Christ by coming to the One who holds the key that open the strait gate?

lifeisgood

Too many man made doctrine do not show much of esteem following Jesus' teachings or commands by saying "your works cannot save you".

YOUR works CANNOT save you.

That is why Jesus the Christ had to go to the Cross of Calvary because YOUR works cannot save.

ONLY Jesus the Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary can save.

Which doctrine, meshak, that YOUR works cannot save you?

Correct.
We better obey Jesus and come to the one who holds the key that open the strait gate.

Correct.
Has meshak obeyed Jesus and come to the One who holds the key that open the strait gate which is the only way to salvation?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus followers should be encouraging one another to follow Jesus' teachings or commands, instead of preaching "your works cannot save you".

So many churches are spreading what people want to hear, instead of preaching loyal to Jesus.

It sure is cheap salvation they are spreading.

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber

But you have not done

He said you must needs be saved, but you are not saved
He said ye must be born again, but you are not born again
He said you must enter in at the strait gate, but you have not entered in

You think when you lay adying you might be saved.....what earthly good is that?

Behold now is the day of salvation, it has been provided at the cross, but you refuse to come

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
Watch the spin...it is not about me but about Jesu's commands

In other words I don't obey but I insist that everyone else does.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Jesus does not endorse lip serving faith.

Good for you Meshak, don't go along with the truth of the Bible. Why, if you were to suddenly accept the Gospel you might wind up going to Heaven instead of being judged by your works and cast into the Lake of Fire? Your way is far better. Purposeful ignorance and rejection of all Biblical logic are preferable in your case. After all, why should you be forced to escape judgement? Don't let anybody talk you out of "trying to earn your way to Heaven" through your own good works and deeds dear. Remember, you're not as bad as others and better than most.

lifeisgood

Jesus followers should be encouraging one another to follow Jesus' teachings or commands, instead of preaching "your works cannot save you".

I guess you have me on ignore.
Just in case you get me off ignore: "meshak's works CANNOT save meshak no matter how much she works" that is why Jesus went to the Cross of Calvary, to provide for meshak the only way of salvation.

Obey Him meshak, go to the one who holds the key to open the strait gate to salvation.

So many churches are spreading what people want to hear, instead of preaching loyal to Jesus.

In this one instance I do agree with you.

It sure is cheap salvation they are spreading.

You mean, that YOUR works can save you INSTEAD of Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
There are too many man-made doctrines and look at this place, all they are doing is arguing about it. It is nothing about doing good deeds.

All those isms are about man-made doctrines.

Calvinism, Catholicism, MADism, Protestantism and etc...

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Christianity is all about doing good deeds.

Jesus is the perfect teacher of it.

If we don't know what He teaches we will not be doing much of good deeds.

His teachings are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

Read the OP verse. Jesus does not call you His mother, sister or brother if you don't practice what He says.

We will not inherit God's kingdom if we are not His brother or sister.

lifeisgood

There are too many man-made doctrines and look at this place, all they are doing is arguing about it. It is nothing about doing good deeds.

Salvation has nothing to do with your good deeds.
Salvation is ALL about Jesus' good deed.

Exactly like meshakism.

I meshak obey Jesus' sayings but I really don't and I demand that others follow what I say.

At least obey Jesus on this one, meshak: go to the ONLY One who holds the key to open the strait gate so that He can give you His gift of salvation.

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

And, Meshakism.

KingdomRose

Yes. He taught that first we must accept him as our Redeemer and King, and then we must DO what his teachings have pointed to (that we must do).

"I set the pattern for you, that, just as I did to you, you should do also." (John 13:15)

lifeisgood

Christianity is all about doing good deeds.

Incorrect. Christianity is ALL about Jesus Christ and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary.

Jesus is the perfect teacher of it.

Yes, He is.

If we don't know what He teaches we will not be doing much of good deeds.

Correct.

His teachings are in the books of Matthew, Mark, Luke and John in the New Testament.

Partially correct.

Read the OP verse. Jesus does not call you His mother, sister or brother if you don't practice what He says.

You weren't there; therefore, He was not talking to meshak.

We will not inherit God's kingdom if we are not His brother or sister.

To be His brother or sister one has to come to the ONLY One who holds the key that open the strait gate to salvation.

Has meshak come to the One who holds the key that open the straight gate to salvation?

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
Hey, Meshak one can intellectually believe in Christ yet reject the saving knowledge of His Gospel. Remember, the devils believe and aren't saved.