A little comedy break....

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I had a subscription to Mad Magazine when I was a kid, and one of my favorite regular features was the almost inconspicuously placed, short quotation of the wit of Alfred E. Newman that was printed in a certain spot on one of the first couple of pages of each issue. Each month's issue featured a different quotation. The one that's always somehow stuck with me is so apt that it'd almost be hard to believe that Alfred E. Newman did not have Mayor Pete in mind--but it sure does characterize the latter miscreant. It went something like this:

Have you ever noticed that people who say "That's the way the ball bounces," are usually the ones who dropped it in the first place?

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I was looking around on TOL, and I noticed someone use a terrible joke:
Remember, when you presume you make a pres out of u and me.
A downright atrocious joke! And it's just right up my alley. In fact, I came up with it myself, years ago, and I've used it once in a while--though I don't remember if I have done so on TOL. But it tickled me to see that someone else also happens to have come up with the same joke, or at least has, unbeknownst to me, heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from somone....who heard it from me. Who knows? But seeing it reminded me of this "meme" I made a while back but have never before published:

ASSUMING.jpg

Rhema

A downright atrocious joke!
Absolutely one of my most horrid. (Of course it's best when spoken with the right tone of voice.... and hesitancy.)

heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from somone
I'm sure there have been many people who ran across the simple juxtaposition but refused to position their juxta.

Glad it brought a smile.

Now here's my best worst joke.... (sung to the tune of....)

Bad Joke
Bad Joke
Whatcha gonna do?
Whatcha gonna do when they tell it to you?
Bad Joke

(And that too is mine.)

Feel free to abuse it.

Rhema
Encore.... (one of my best jokes)

If it wasn't for my sense of humor I wouldn't have any sense at all.