A Perspective on Donald Trump

theophilus

"Is Trump good for America? I mentioned Sunday that I would speak on this next week. Unfortunately, I found that I was shoehorning this topic into my planned message. To properly present what I want to speak on Sunday, I may have to leave the Donald out of it! But let me take a minute for those that wonder and give some of my thoughts.

When I first heard that Trump (DT) was entering the race last year, I told my wife that perhaps it was a good thing for the party and America. I knew that he was not a "saint," but I thought that he would be like a bull in a china shop. He is a disrupter and I believe America could use a fresh thinker especially in the political arena. I didn't think he would get the nomination, but that he would shake up politics as usual. I was correct on the shaking up!

Lance Wallnau likens him to a biblical Cyrus. Someone who is dynamically used of God even though not perceived by many as a God follower. God has used many people in history that I would probably not like or agree with. I’m not sure I would have liked all the disciples, or David, or Moses. Somehow, God did not seem compelled to consult with me on His choices!

I have always admired Winston Churchill. He is seen as one of the greatest national leaders in the 20th century. Last year, I had the privilege of going through the War Museum in London. Winston is a key feature. His life is controversial. He was not always celebrated as a great leader. He was a bombastic, cigar smoking, at times crude, even misogynistic leader. It is alleged that he told off color stories to his children before bedtime! A woman once told him he was disgustingly drunk. His response was "My dear, you are disgustingly ugly, but tomorrow I shall be sober and you will still be ugly!"

There are many websites that discuss the outlandish comments and activities of this great world leader. But, he had exactly what was needed to stop Hitler at the Channel, to rouse a nation to never give up and to partner with America to find final victory in Europe. You probably wouldn't want him as your pastor, maybe not even your father, but he was the right leader for that moment in England's history. Such a brazen man that would go up to the roof of his quarters in central London and smoke cigars as Hitler’s air force bombed all around him. I’m not sure I would have voted for him.... but he was the right man!

I think it would be awesome to have a righteous leader, one that understood the intricacies of the economy, health care, defense, immigration, with great sensitivity to religious institutions, a heart for the poor, a vision for the future. If that leader was a praying person, formidable in the word of God and loved the local church, I would rejoice! I do not think that is the choice we will have in November.

Instead....we will look for someone who is imperfect, yet will fit the times we are living in. Particularly, that ‘whoever’ we vote for, will be someone who might possibly have the opportunity to appoint up to three Supreme Court justices. That could radically shape our culture in America for the next 30 years. The America of our grandchildren could be very different....and that may not be good. We cannot stand on the sidelines. A non-vote is a passive vote for a direction we may very well regret.

So...is Donald Trump good for America? I honestly believe that he has been already. He has shaken the political system. Do his comments offend me? At times! Do I agree with all he says? Not at all! But could he be a “Cyrus” being raised up by God to preserve America? Nobody liked Gen. Patton, but he sure WAS an instrument of the United States for the right things.

This I know. I will vote for the best chance for America. I will pray for our leaders as I have already. In the end - God will continue to be my source and my hope. I do believe that God has had a hand in America's history. I hope and pray that He will also have a saving hand in America’s future."

~Author Unknown

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Aside from knowing that Donald Trump is a sleazy moral degenerate (calling women all kinds of names and making lies up about other peoples families), you really know nothing about Donald Trump's left wing politics do you?

I'm convinced that Christians should stick to talking about church doctrine and stay out of politics, since they don't take the time to investigate the candidate that they're going to vote for.

theophilus

Aside from knowing that Donald Trump is a sleazy moral degenerate (calling women all kinds of names and making lies up about other peoples families), you really know nothing about Donald Trump's left wing politics do you?

I'm convinced that Christians should stick to talking about church doctrine and stay out of politics, since they don't take the time to investigate the candidate that they're going to vote for.

I offered a perspective, not a character audit.

We're all liars.
We're all name-callers.
We're all depraved.

We're not all politicians but we all (should) vote.

Aside from hiring a Private Investigator to "investigate" Trump I am left to "trust" conservatives like Krauthammer, Hannity, O'Reilly and the old farts down at the local cafe. Oh, and the tabloids. :rolleyes:

OK?

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER

"Character audit" aside, would you like to discuss Donald Trump's past and present left wing ideology?

We're all liars.
We're all name-callers.
We're all depraved.

That's debatable (once someone gives their life to Christ, which Donald Trump hasn't done, they're are not considered those things by God).

Since "we" are not running for the most powerful political office in the world, how about we focus on the one candidate that you're promoting who is? (Donald Trump).

An uninformed voter can do more damage that good. So no, an uninformed voter should not vote nor open up their mouth about politics.

Aside from hiring a Private Investigator to "investigate" Trump

One not need hire anyone to find out the truth about Donald Trump,it's easily accessible on the internet, in fact I've spent months documenting his left wing ways in my WHMBR! Part 4 thread.

I am left to "trust" conservatives like Krauthammer, Hannity, O'Reilly and the old farts down at the local cafe. Oh, and the tabloids. :rolleyes:

OK?

Oh, I see. You vote according to what the RINO's at Fox News tell you how to vote.

theophilus

"Character audit" aside, would you like to discuss Donald Trump's past and present left wing ideology?

Enlighten me with YOUR opinion.

That's debatable (once someone gives their life to Christ, which Donald Trump hasn't done, they're are not considered those things by God).

We're those things whether or not we're Christians.

Since "we" are not running for the most powerful political office in the world, how about we focus on the one candidate that you're promoting who is? (Donald Trump).

Offering a perspective is promotion? That's taking a huge liberty with the definition of "perspective."

An uninformed voter can do more damage that good. So no, an uninformed voter should not vote.

Not voting guarantees Hillary the win.

One not need hire anyone to find out the truth about Donald Trump,it's easily accessible on the internet, in fact I've spent months documenting his left wing ways in my WHMBR! Part 4 thread.

Like anyone can believe everything on the internet?

Oh, I see. You vote according to what the RINO's at Fox News tell you how to vote.

I trust their opinions. More than I can trust what comes out of Trump's mouth.

northwye

Don't get into continued arguments with individuals.

One issue that is important in this election is the extent to which the two candidates, either now in 2016, or in the past few years, show behavior that fits the diagnostic criteria of a psychopath. It is not a matter of calling one or the other a psychopath, as though one were just using a bad word to describe the person, to discredit him or her. That is, find out what the diagnostic criteria are for psychopathic personality disorder and look to see if the candidates show behavior which firs those criteria. You do not have to be a Ph.D. clinical psychologist to do this.

A psychopath, a sociopath and someone with Antisocial Personality Disorder - DSM-5 301.7 - all have the same problem. They all have no conscience and are persistent liars. Many psychopaths become criminals but many psychopaths also get into positions where they can control other people, which is what they like to do. But not all people who are in positions where they can control others are psychopaths.

http://www.theravive.com/therapedia/Antisocial-Personality-Disorder-DSM--5-301.7-(F60.2)

"(Antisocial Personality Disorder) is a DSM-5 (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, fifth edition), diagnosis assigned to individuals who habitually violate the rights of others without remorse..."

"Lying, deception, and manipulation, for profit tor self-amusement,

Impulsive behavior,

Irritability and aggression, manifested as frequently assaults others, or engages in fighting

Blatantly disregards safety of self and others,

A pattern of irresponsibility and

Lack of remorse for actions."

I want to emphasize that psychopaths - people with Antisocial Personality Disorder - have no conscience and are persistent liars.

You have got to have specific instances of a candidate lying over and over, and specific behavior indicating a lack of a conscience.

A specific instance of not having a conscience is this: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinton-on-qaddafi-we-came-we-saw-he-died/

"Secretary of State Hillary Clinton shared a laugh with a television news reporter moments after hearing deposed Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi had been killed.

"We came, we saw, he died," she joked when told of news reports of Qaddafi's death by an aide in between formal interviews."

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior

Enlighten me with YOUR opinion.

Since opinions are subjective, you'll only get the facts from me.

Where shall we start? How about social issues? Donald Trump is an incessant defender of Planned Parenthood (look up it up, he's says that they do "Many good things"). He's an ally of the LGBTQueer movement, in fact he had proud and unrepentant homosexual activist Peter Thiel speak at the RNC during prime time. Trump had invited transgender activist/drag queen Bruce Jenner to use the restroom at any Trump property (which he did), and has said that the North Carolina 'bathroom bill' (which prohibits sickos like Jenner from using facilities that your wife and daughters use...restrooms, fitting rooms, locker rooms) was "a bad business decision".

I could go on and on about Trump's liberal social views, but how about we talk economics instead?

Trump is for socialized medicine, i.e Obamacare but with his name on it.

He's for government child care and for the government paying off student loans.

How about we talk about terrorism? Donald Trump was for allowing Syrian refugees into the US, many who were ISIS supporters.

These are facts, not opinions.

Quote: Originally posted by aCultureWarrior

We're those things whether or not we're Christians.

Donald Trump does those things very very well (lying, name-calling, depraved).

Offering a perspective is promotion? That's taking a huge liberty with the definition of "perspective."

From your OP:

"This I know. I will vote for the best chance for America. I will pray for our leaders as I have already. In the end - God will continue to be my source and my hope. I do believe that God has had a hand in America's history. I hope and pray that He will also have a saving hand in America’s future."

That sounded like a promotion of Donald Trump to me.

An uninformed voter can do more damage that good. So no, an uninformed voter should not vote.

Not voting guarantees Hillary the win.

Which has nothing to do with being uninformed about the candidate that you're promoting. As seen above, Trump is just as liberal as Clinton, he only camouflages it better.

Quote: Originally posted by aCutlureWarrior

Like anyone can believe everything on the internet?

Since these words came straight out of the mouth of Donald Trump (videos, etc.), one should believe him.

I trust their opinions. More than I can trust what comes out of Trump's mouth.

Unfortunately the republicrats at Fox News won't tell the lies that come out of Trump's mouth because it's their job to support the Republican Party candidate.

theophilus

From your OP:

"This I know. I will vote for the best chance for America. I will pray for our leaders as I have already. In the end - God will continue to be my source and my hope. I do believe that God has had a hand in America's history. I hope and pray that He will also have a saving hand in America’s future."

That sounded like a promotion of Donald Trump to me.

All in quotes with "author unknown" at the end of the extended quote.

To the rest of your post:

Frankly, both candidates are revolting to the point where voting my conscience means not voting.

Reality check: my civic duty, according to scripture, is to submit to the governing authorities and pay taxes. Period.

We're all liars.
We're all name-callers.
We're all depraved.

Aside from hiring a Private Investigator to "investigate" Trump I am left to "trust" conservatives like Krauthammer, Hannity, O'Reilly and the old farts down at the local cafe. Oh, and the tabloids. :rolleyes:

OK?

As your thread points out, we're not electing a Pope. (So we aren't guaranteed evil.) And, yes, there is this nagging contrast, Hillary a known commodity of liberal evils and the usual suspects. I must say, though, I have much sympathy for this usually false choice that bothers some people, as you know politicians are lying if their lips are moving, a choice of the evil you know, or the probable evil you don't, something some Christians find an assault on their integrity that's getting long in the tooth, especially if, in real terms, all you can see, for certain, are Frick and Frack on campaign tours.

I hearken back to Obama's first term, all the hope he threw out there which was, to the discerning person, like an auto sales job, but, after Bush, people were ready for anything different, as things could not have gotten much worse, come election time. Now we have hindsight and know Obama's lips were moving. I don't think you can expect intelligent people, in light of these things, to believe carefully crafted speeches, put it this way.

But I believe the one thing Trump has going for him is not being of the political machine, on the likes of the globalists' payroll, the status quo of that false dichotomy, where you either get to vote for the candidate of the military industrial complex and oil companies, or the candidate of the military industrial complex and oil companies. The Republican machine rancor against Trump is a positive sign, also. By measure of his ememies, anyway, Donald Trump may be worth the vote.

theophilus

Picking my poison:

Hillary cannot be trusted with state secrets and she can't be trusted with truth.

Donald cannot be trusted with nukes and he cannot be trusted with truth. All he has going for him is that he is not a career politician.

"Jeopardy" theme here...

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

OK?

I am trusting what I *personally* hear and see coming out of Trump's own mouth. I associate Trump as the thrice married adulterer who has dared to slam other adulterers (hypocrite), the guy who would have no problem personally mocking my own mentally disabled brother (since we know he enjoys that), the guy who is in Putin's pocket and actually encouraging the Russians to hack his opponents, the guy who REFUSES to do what all other presidential candidates have done and release his tax returns, and even going so far as making the veiled suggestion about second-amendment people acting against an elected President Clinton.

The fact is ... he is a mentally deranged person who would have power over our nuclear weapons. "If we have them, why can't we use them".

Of course we are all free to vote our conscience. At this point, there is nothing anyone can say that will change the minds of Trump supporters or the mind of those who will vote for "anyone BUT Trump". I am the latter and in fact, see Trump as the type of person whose quest for power and dangerous mindset is similar to Saddam's ...

theophilus

I am trusting what I *personally* hear and see coming out of Trump's own mouth. I associate Trump as the thrice married adulterer who has dared to slam other adulterers (hypocrite), the guy who would have no problem personally mocking my own mentally disabled brother (since we know he enjoys that), the guy who is in Putin's pocket and actually encouraging the Russians to hack his opponents, the guy who REFUSES to do what all other presidential candidates have done and release his tax returns, and even going so far as making the veiled suggestion about second-amendment people acting against an elected President Clinton.

The fact is ... he is a mentally deranged person who would have power over our nuclear weapons. "If we have them, why can't we use them".

Of course we are all free to vote our conscience. At this point, there is nothing anyone can say that will change the minds of Trump supporters or the mind of those who will vote for "anyone BUT Trump". I am the latter and in fact, see Trump as the type of person whose quest for power and dangerous mindset is similar to Saddam ...

Honestly they both scare the devil out of me...

...and I think this country is totally skewered.

Picking my poison:

Hillary cannot be trusted with state secrets and she can't be trusted with truth.

Donald cannot be trusted with nukes and he cannot be trusted with truth. All he has going for him is that he is not a career politician.

"Jeopardy" theme here...

That's hilarious! Can't you hear the Jeopardy theme, "Now, ladies and gentleman, hands over your nuclear buttons, as we move on to the final round!" Yes, why don't they just put Hemlock or Nightshade on the ballot?

northwye

Those who do not listen to the alternative media and understand what they are saying tend to get their ideas from the old controlled media which are against Trump because he is a threat to the political Establishment.

Again, what is the specific evidence showing that Trump is a liar and has little or no conscience?

"It may be that Hillary wins the election, (and) causes the Deadly Wound pattern to accelerate and intensify..."

The Deadly Wound (Revelation 13: 3) is ongoing and could get worse, It could include a war of some kind, maybe a nuclear war. But the deadly wound that is later healed is to the foundations of our culture, our national identity. Our culture, our values, our morals, our truth, and our spirituality are all diminished in the deadly wound.

The Christian Zionist Church does not believe in the Deadly Wound, but believes that the Church will be raptured before the Tribulation begins, and it may have already started as the Deadly Wound, which is part of it.

Or the great dragon?
or the false prophet?
or the beast?

:jawdrop:

I'm still considering moving to ground zero no matter who gets elected.

"Would you please pick your category?"

"I'll go with 'Election 2016: Bible and Lot's Choices.'"

"Alright. For $600, 'Peradventure couldn't even find how many good men, in simply the general population, at last count?'"