A Question from a Christian non-Catholic

Shubee

I’m surprised by some religions not my own. In Islam for instance, anyone that draws a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammad should be killed. I suppose then that, for Muslims, anything perceived as an insult to Islam should be retaliated against with the most extreme forms of violence. So I want to know, how would Catholics react to a non-Catholic wearing a papal robe and cap in public?

Shubee

no problem
What if it was understood that the person wearing the papal outfit believes that, historically, the popes have been conformists to pagan beliefs and the prevailing culture and that Catholics have been deceived by pomp and circumstance?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
What if it was understood that the person wearing the papal outfit believes that, historically, the popes have been conformists to pagan beliefs and the prevailing culture and that Catholics have been deceived by pomp and circumstance?

The NT validates that premise. For example, Halloween, Christmas and Easter are not found in the NT or founded upon the NT.

genuineoriginal

how would Catholics react to a non-Catholic wearing a papal robe and cap in public?

Most of them would react like this:
laugh-at-you.jpg

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

that would make you a wacko

still no problem

Shubee

The same way I would react to seeing someone walking down the street dressed as Napoleon Bonaparte or Abraham Lincoln.
If Catholics aren't ashamed of fawning over the pope, who dresses up in the most ridiculous costume that I have ever seen, then I suppose that I wouldn't mind wearing just the plain white papal robe.

s-l225.jpg

Also available at amazon and ebay.

1Way1Truth1Life

Popes not only dress in outlandish attire they also sit on thrones with huge upside down crosses on them and great white thrones with statues of cheribum on either side as well wearing their outlandish attire.

Cruciform

Those who are accepting of the most ridiculous costumes shouldn't condemn those who dress in more normal attire.
  • That what the Pope wears in particular contexts is supposedly "ridiculous" is nothing more than your entirely irrelevant and absolutely non-authoritative opinion, and says far more about you than it ever could about the Pope.
  • What Catholic here has "condemned those who dress normally," and what exactly is "normal attire"? (Don't forget to prove your statement. You'll need more than mere opinion.)
  • And again, how is your mere opinion on this point at all relevant with respect to the actual status of the Catholic Church as Christ's one historic Church?

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

1Way1Truth1Life

I’m surprised by some religions not my own. In Islam for instance, anyone that draws a cartoon of the Prophet Mohammad should be killed. I suppose then that, for Muslims, anything perceived as an insult to Islam should be retaliated against with the most extreme forms of violence. So I want to know, how would Catholics react to a non-Catholic wearing a papal robe and cap in public?

Would you want to be dressed like the pope?? Please read and look at the pictures of this post and the 2 after before you answer though....

Isa 37:16 O LORD of hosts, God of Israel, that dwellest between the cherubims, thou art the God, even thou alone, of all the kingdoms of the earth: thou hast made heaven and earth.

Psalms 104:1-3 (KJV)
1 Bless the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, thou art very great; thou art clothed with honour and majesty.*
2 Who coverest thyself with light as with a garment: who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:

Mark 9:2-3 (KJV)
2 And after six days Jesus taketh with him Peter, and James, and John, and leadeth them up into an high mountain apart by themselves: and he was transfigured before them.*
3 And his raiment became shining, exceeding white as snow; so as no fuller on earth can white them.

Rev 20:11 (KJV) And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them.

2 Thess 2:4 (KJV)*
3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;*
4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.*
5 Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you, I told you these things?

*The phrase "son of perdition" is used only twice in scripture, here by Paul, and also in * * * John 17:12, where Jesus is referring to Judas Iscariot, a type or pattern of the antichrist. Like Judas, the antichrist is a deceiver, a wolf in sheep's clothing who outwardly professes to be a loyal, faithful and obedient servant of God, even as he subtly and masterfully deceives most Christians into rebellion against God and His law:

4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.

pope-francis.jpg